He'll Be the Death of Me, I Swear

Mrs. Jacob Blair?

I walked up the trail Landyn had shown me and I trudged carefully through it, trying to obey Jacob and not hurt myself. I managed to only trip once--a magnificent feet for me. I finally got to where I had been working my way to: the very top. The little clearing Landyn brought me to a while back. It hadn't been under the best circumstances, but it was secluded and I needed that.

I walked into the middle and sat down, letting the sun's rays hit me as I sat back and tried to relax. But all of the things I had said I was starting to doubt!! I told Landyn I'd be with him forever, but now Jacob was being factored into the equation and I wasn't so sure anymore.

I carefully lay back and looked up at the clouds. The sky was blue and grass was green. Why couldn't life be that simple for me? Why can't it be as plain as your average colors?

I sighed, hating how confused I was.

"Why can't I just choose already?!" I yelled, frustrated beyond comprehension.

"If you don't choose me, I hope you never choose."

I shot up to a sitting position and looked to my left as Jacob was walking up to me.

"Hi, Jake," I mumbled, so angry at myself.

"Hi, Danica. You know I love you, right?" he asked, sitting beside me.

"Yes."

"And you know you love me?"

"Very much so."

"And when you loved Landyn and he loved you...you guys...you know...right?"

"Yeah. We did."

"So you love me and I love you," he told me quietly. I looked at him in shock.

"Jacob, are you saying what I think you are?" I asked, making sure. Life had just got way more complicated for me, if possible that is.

"I love you," he whispered in my ear.

"I love you, too, Jacob," I whispered into the air. He took my face in his hands and drew me closer. My heart pounded in my ears.

"If you're really that opposed to it, you can stop me. Well, I know you can't, but I'll stop."

I didn't say anything. I couldn't. I probably wouldn't stop him. Yes, I had told Michelle I could never betray Landyn by doing such a thing with Jacob. But then again, as I said before...

All of the things I had said I was starting to doubt.