Into Your Icy Blues

IV

She woke up shaking, she was freezing. This isn't what usually happens, she thought. She attempted to sit, but slunk back down into the comfort of her mattress when she saw the red stain going through her pjyama pants, from her thigh. She almost screamed out loud but didn't want to anyone to come running and see. She put her head in her hands and rested her elbows on her knees, with her legs crossed. How could I not realise that this would happen, she thought out loud, it's so simple to see! So fucking simple!

She slowly pulled herself out of her bed, being careful not to brush anything against her thigh. She winced as she stood up off the bed and walked slowly, limping from the shooting pain, over to the bedroom door. Pulling her dressing gown from the hook on the back of it, she yanked open the door and began to make her way up the stairs towards the bathroom.

- - -

She stepped into the shower and turned it on. She let the tears run freely down her face as the hot water hit the deep cut on her thigh. She looked at the floor of the shower, the water was no longer clear, like when it came out of the shower head, but it was red and stained with her. A single tear splashed down into the red, messy puddle at her feet as she wobbled on her feet. She became unsteady and placed the palm of her hand flat onto the door of the shower, in an attempt to steady herself.

After a while, her head stopped spinning, her eyes regained proper focus and she could stand properly. Well, as properly as she could with her bad leg. She stumbled slightly as she turned round and turned the power off on the shower. She let the water completely stop before she stepped out of the shower and grabbed a towel. She began drying herself and made sure to be careful of her thigh. She finished drying off and slipped her dressing gown back over her shoulder, tying it with the silky ribbon around her waist. she hung the towel on the peg on the back of the door and then opened the door, stepping out onto the carpeted floor outside the bathroom.

She turned and went to walk downstairs, but stopped when she heard a voice.

"Laurenn, is that you?" She heard her dad call from the other side of the purple door to the left of her. She turned to it and quickly opened it, poking her head round it slightly and smiling. "Yeah it's me Dad. Just got out of the shower," She said flashing her most realistic, fake, smile at him afterwards. He nodded and smiled back, using this as a signal, she smiled once more and headed out of the room and down the stairs, closing the door behind her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter four. Like this one? Yay, nay?

Comments, subs? (:

<3