We Cannot Really Love If We Cannot Laugh

No Alone

The next morning, I awoke to some very familiar voices coming from the kitchen. Some voices that I hadn't heard since Saturday. I was instantly awake and got out of bed, pulled some clothes on and bolted down to the kitchen for breakfast. A quick glance at the grandfather clock in the hallway told me it was shortly after 8:00.

"Hey, Renee!" Fred said as I appeared on the stairs. I hugged him.

"Hey Fred! How's it going?" I asked. He laughed.

"You sound so funny with your accent!" He said.

"Well, excuse me! It's not my fault!" I said, laughing too, "Those English accents aren't all that great either! So, you never answered my question!"

"Oh yeah, well I'd tell you, but I've arranged to take you into the village for breakfast. I'll tell you then." He said. I smiled. He slipped his arm around my waist and led me out the door.

"How's business doing?" I asked. I never ran out of things to say to Fred when he was around.

"Not that bad. But it would be better if you were still working! C'mon! We'll pay you 20% more and give you a 50% employee discount!" He argued.

"I'm not that desperate! I already told you, I'll start again during the summer. Promise." I said. He looked defeated. I decided to change the subject.

"Where are we going?" I asked. I hoped Fred remembered that The Catchpole (named after the village) was my favorite restaurant.

"Oh, I don't know. I thought we'd just wander around until we found a place that's open." He said. I was shocked. I had completely forgotten that nothing opens until 9:00!

"Oh my gosh! I completely forgot! Should we head back?" I asked.

"No! I thought we should just spend some time together. Plus, I wanted to talk about Saturday night." He said.
"Wow, Fred are you being serious?" I asked him, smiling.

"Actually, I am. I'm really sorry about the whole bet thing! I didn't think George was going to interrupt us! I had actually totally forgotten about it until he came in!" He explained.

"Don't worry about it, Fred! It was nice all the same! I'm not at all offended! You know me better than that!" I said. He smiled.

"Well, would you like to make up for it now?" He said, a mischevious look on his face. I smiled.

"I'd like that." I stood on my tip-toes and he pulled my face close to his. I grabbed the back of his head and pulled it the rest of the way until our lips were touching.

It was so soft and gentle, but I could feel Fred's hunger for more as he kissed me. All that I was focused on was Fred, we were the only two people in the World at that moment. No one else mattered. He broke off.

"You know, I've been wondering this for a while. Is it true that French girls are trained to french kiss? I mean, just a rumour that gets around here in England." I laughed.

"Want me to show you?" I asked him with a shimmer in my eye. He grinned. We both sat down on a rock, I could no longer see the Burrow.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do this." He whispered as I started to lean in.

"For you, five years, for me, four days!" I said. He laughed and leaned in the whole way. He cupped his hands around my cheeks while I ran my hands around his back.

It started off slow, I could feel him deepening it. I decided he should know whether or not French girls kiss better than English girls. I opened my mouth and ran my tongue along his lips. He almost instantly replied by opening his mouth and our tongues explored each others mouths. I ran my fingers through his bright red hair and messed it around. I didn't know how long we sat there having our first real kiss, but it didn't matter. He was the only other person on the planet.

Too soon after we started, I broke it off. He smiled at me, his hair all messed up, our cheeks rosy.

"Shall we go find some breakfast?" I said.

"I think that's a good idea." He said, still smiling. He took my hand and we went off into the village in search of some breakfast.