We Cannot Really Love If We Cannot Laugh

Reunited

Fred draped his hand around my waist and led me out of the bar.

"Do you know where we're going this time?" I asked with a smile.

"I have an idea." He smiled back at me. He led me down the main street to an empty lot next to Honeydukes. He stopped there, I was confused.

"Do you like it?" He asked. I raised my eyebrows.

"Um...in what sense?" You replied.

"For the new location! For Weasley's Wizard Wheezes!" He clarified.

"Oh! It's great! Honeydukes will get loads of business with you guys next door. But there's nothing here!" I said.

"Well, as we said before, we have lots of money from last summer, plus George and I have been saving our pennies. So we're going to build a custom store right here." He explained.

"Cool! When do you start?" I asked.

"Next year. It's already too late in the school year to get any good business. So we'll start construction in late August so it'll be done for September and the first Hogsmeade weekend." He said.

"That's awesome! I'd totally shop there!" I said.

"Well, that was the other thing. You would be the manager of this location. That is, only if you want to." He suggested.

"Of course! That's so cool!" I said.

"Awesome! Shall we continue?" He said as he took my hand and kept walking down the main street.

We just enjoyed each other's company until we reached the end of the street at the Hog's Head. I turned around to start heading back, but Fred kept pulling me beyond the village's limits.

"Um...where are you going?" I asked him.

"George and I found this really cool place when we were at Hogwarts, just beyond the limits." He explained. I shrugged, then let him take me wherever he had in mind.

After a few minutes of walking, we reached a beautiful pond with ducks swimming around. There were the greenest trees I had ever seen surrounding it and a white, sandy beach at the end closest to Fred and I.

"Oh my gosh, this is so beautiful! I can't believe I never thought to look for it before!" I said. Fred smiled.

"Want to go for a swim?" He asked, a little smirk on his face. I was pretty hot.

"Yeah. But I don't have a bathing suit." I said.

"Oh, do you really need a bathing suit?" He asked, the smirk getting bigger. I slapped him playfully on the arm.

"Yes! And you should too!" I said. I waved my wand and two bathing suits appeared. A bikini for me and some swimming shorts for Fred. I changed behind a tree where Fred couldn't peek.

I ran out from behind the tree once I had the bikini on, and jumped into the pond, which was surprisingly deep for a pond. I resurfaced just in time to see a splash right in front of me, which could only mean Fred had jumped in right after I had. I swam to a shallower area of the pond so I could stand up properly. Something grabbed my waist from behind and I screamed. I whirled around to see Fred laughing his head off.

"You are so dead!" I shouted and started swimming after him as fast as I could. Eventually, we both got tired.

I lay floating on top of the water for a bit until Fred came up and gently pulled me closer to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he kissed me softly.

After a moment, we broke apart, huge smiles on both of our faces. I leaned in for more and he hungrily kissed me again. This time we didn't break it off. It just got deeper and deeper. He opened his mouth and ran his tongue along my lips. I opened my mouth and let him in. Our tongues tangled together for a while before we broke off.

"I really missed you." Fred whispered to me.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." He answered.

"Only thirty-one more days." I barely even breathed. He crashed his lips back onto mine.

"I don't think I can make it." He said.

"I'll still write everyday." I replied, "Then I'll work at the store for the whole summer." He smiled at this and kissed me again.

I got out of the pond and magically dried myself off and put my clothes on overtop of my bathing suit. I took his hand again and we both walked back to the Three Broomsticks to meet Rain and Gwen again.

Once we met them, I gave Fred one last kiss before he left the bar and apparated back to Diagon Alley.

"Oh my gosh! You are totally hooked!" Rain said as soon as he disappeared.

"Did you see his face when you broke off that kiss?" Gwen asked. I felt so bad! I loved Fred too much to make him feel sad.

"Let's just go back up to the castle." I grumbled.

Once I was back in my room, I found a letter from Fred already waiting for me on my bed.

'Dearest Renée,

I have never felt this way about any other girl before. I have actually never felt for any other girl before, it's always been you.

I don't think I can get some more time off work until the summer. We're so busy, with grandparents getting their grandchildren presents for passing their exams and stuff. I know it's stupid, but it's good business!

Not much else to say. I just left you like, five minutes ago. Write back, you're all that keeps me going now. Money doesn't matter anymore.

Love forever,

Fred.'

Tears were running down my face as you finished. I was glad Gwen and Rain were in the common room and couldn't see. I put the note in a special box where I kept all the letters Fred had sent me and went back down to the common room to meet Rain and Gwen and get some supper.