Jukebox Lovers

11 A.M.

It was eleven in the morning and Jacqui and I were sitting in my dorm room, talking about anything and everything. The catching up didn't seem very important. We were content talking about the little things we liked, the little things we didn't, the classes we were taking, the majors we were thinking about.

"I wanted to go in for music, to teach vocals, you know," Jacqui explained, sipping on his instant coffee and leaning back in the computer chair, "but I don't know if that's a good career choice."

"You shouldn't give up on it. Not many people give voice lessons, and everyone wants to be a good singer," I encouraged. I didn't like the idea of him giving up on himself. He had so much going for him.

"I just can't help it, you know. I'm scared of failure."

I shook my head, "Don't think that way. What if things go right?"

He smiled at me, "I see your point," but he changed the subject, "but what are you looking at for a major?"

"Not sure yet. It's between teaching, law, graphic design, and recording."

He chuckled, "Big gaps." He laughed again and I smiled at him. I adored his laugh.

He stood up and stretched, mumbling something about the computer chair hurting his ass. He sat on the bed next to me. I wasn't satisfied with the eight inches of space between us, but I figured moving too fast wasn't a good idea. Wordlessly, I turned on a movie on the laptop and put it as close as possible to the bed without ripping the cord out of the wall. Our laptop was useless. It didn't hold a charge, so we had to leave it plugged in.

By the end of the movie, it was one thirty and Jacqui was gathered in my arms, wearily. I kissed his hair and he nuzzled into my neck, trailing his lips up to my own before caressing them. I kissed him back. It was soft and supple, nothing too extreme, but amazing, nonetheless. He lay down on the bed and I lay down next to him, wrapping my arms around his slender waist, just enjoying him. His head was buried in my chest and I was running my long fingers through his dark hair.

He murmured something I didn't quite catch. I felt as though I were ruining it by asking him to repeat himself, but something told me what he said had been important.

"What'd you say, beautiful?"

He looked at me and pulled his lips into that beautiful smile of his and said in a barely audible voice, "I love you."

I smiled back and said, "I love you, too."

He blushed and buried his head in my chest again.

It didn't even matter when Brendan barged into the room, because I was in heaven with this boy in my arms. Nothing mattered.

"Oh sorry," Brendan said, his face flushing.

"Don't worry about it," I said, and looked down, "he's asleep anyway." He was, too. If he was perfect when he was awake, he was beyond perfect when he was asleep. I kissed his hair and stroked his back.

"I'm glad you're getting on well," Brendan said.

I nodded, "Thanks. How're things with Kaylene?"

"Kaylynn," he corrected, "and not great."

I pouted, "I'm sorry."

"But some girl named Mandy stopped by and we got on well."

"My Mandy?" I inquired.

He nodded and simply walked out the door.

Jacqui woke up, his perfect eyes blinking wildly as he came back to Earth, exposing his eyes to the light. His eyes met mine and I grinned. He blushed and pecked my lips, quickly.

"How was your nap?" I asked.

"I'm so sorry--"

"Nah, you're cute when you sleep."

He blushed more and buried his head in my chest, "We have to study for that stupid Psych test, soon."

"It can wait."

"It's on Monday and I actually want to pass."

"Well you're on me and I haven't got laid in forever," I joked.

He rolled his eyes, but his face was probably the brightest I've ever seen. I kissed his perfect lips and held him tight. I promised myself to never let go of him again.

"We need to study," he murmured.

"I only want to study you," I said and he opened his mouth in protest, still blushing. I pressed my finger to his lips and he slowly removed my hand, only to set it on his waist. I smiled and he closed his eyes, his long, dark lashes touching his pale cheeks.

Everything about him was perfect. I pulled him as close as he could physically be. I wasn't letting go again.

Eventually, Jacqui had to leave to go study, because he was extremely worried about his grade point average and he realized he and I weren't going to accomplish anything academic.

I was beginning to be irked by several things. I was eager to see my dark haired lover again and this stupid Psychology class was keeping him from me. I chewed on my nails and jumped a little when Brendan came in the door.

"Hey, where's your friend?" Brendan asked, casually.

"Studying."

"Oh that's fun. How are you guys?"

"Good."

He smiled, "That's good. Guess what?"

"Hm?"

"I'm taking Mandy out next weekend."

I tried to act interested, but I really wasn't. I only cared about seeing Jacqui Larson again. I imagined him in my head, but it wasn't the same. I needed to kiss him, hold him, feel him. I needed him so badly.

"Have fun."

He nodded, and tried to set aside the fact that I didn't care. I didn't mind him chattering like an idiot though. It was obvious he was excited and had to tell someone.

"Ah well I'm whipped. I'm glad we had this little chat. Goodnight," he said with a yawn. He stripped to his boxers and got into bed. I sighed and did the same, except I got into my own bed. I flicked off the light and stared at the ceiling.

Once I pushed the thought of needing to be with him to the back of my mind, all that mattered were those three words he had said to me today.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry 'tis short. I just wanted to do a fluff chapter. The end is near, folks.

5 comments = fast update.