Paper Planes

Twenty-Four

I woke up in Tucker’s arms, a blue screen casting a light over his sleeping face. I carefully removed myself from his arms and stretched out. I stood up and shivered. I grabbed a t-shirt so my shoulders wouldn’t be exposed and drew open the curtains in the living room. I smiled at the snow just grazing the bottom of the window.

See? The snow isn’t even that high. There was no blizzard. Maybe it all hit the slopes so I can learn how to snowboard today. And have a softer landing.

I crawled back into the bed and laid my head back on Tucker’s chest. A minute later, my body shot up.

“We’re on the second floor,” I accidentally said aloud.

Tucker groaned. “What?” he asked.

“Have you been sitting here awake?” I asked.

He smiled sheepishly. “I was only a little awake. Now I’m a lot awake.” He sighed, sat up, and pecked me on the cheek. “Good morning, genius.”

“Genius?”

“We’re on the second floor!” he mimicked.

Fine, if he’s going to be mean, then I will, too.

I just rolled my eyes. “I’ll go get you some clothes. Get in the shower,” I told him. “We want to snowboard today for as long as we can.”

He smiled at me and ran to the shower. I cleaned up the DVD’s a little and straightened up. I went to the luggage to get something to wear. Wow. He only packed sexy bras. Shocker there.

I grabbed some clothes for him to wear and opened up the bathroom door. “I’m setting your clothes on the counter!” I spoke up a little over the water.

“What?” he yelled, opening up the shower door, obviously thinking I was outside the door yelling to him.

I bit my lip, then burst out laughing. He blushed. “Don’t act like your not impressed!” he said. I laughed harder. I turned away and handed him a towel, but when I started to walk away, I heard him yell, “I wanna dry my body on your clothes!”

I turned around just in time to see him coming and dodged his first attack.

Oh my god. There’s a naked Tucker… running after me…

I screamed and jumped towards the bed. He caught me halfway there and tackled me onto the comforter. “Tucker! Get ooooooff!”

“Rub, rub, dry, dry, rub rub, dry, dry!” He yelled, getting my fresh new t-shirt wet.

“Tucker, ew!’

He laughed and got up. “Now you’ll never laugh at me when I’m naked again,” he said in a silly voice as he walked back to the bathroom. “Thanks for the clothes, babe!” He yelled back before closing the door.

I sat on the bed and frowned, then got up to change my clothes. Ew.

Tucker came out and chuckled at my wardrobe change then walked over to the window. “See? I told you there would be nothing to worry about,” he said, motioning outside.

I smirked really wide at him.

“What?” he asked. I shook my head. “What?” he asked, louder. “… We’re on the second floor!”

“Good morning, genius,” I replied to him. My dumb accent damaged the delivery, but it hurt just the same.

He glared at me. “So you made me get out of bed quickly, skip breakfast, take a shower, and get ready JUSt so I could look outside and see roughly twelve feet of snow, obviously blocking in our way out?”

I nodded.

“I’m so proud of you,” he said, side hugging me. “I think I’m rubbing off on you.” He let go of me and grabbed his shoes. “Might as well go get breakfast and see what’s going on downstairs.”

Tucker went to go talk to the clerk while I ordered us breakfast.

“I booked us two more nights. Bet your glad I packed so much now, huh?”

I rolled my eyes. “I’m especially glad you rubbed your gross body all over my clean clothes.”

He chuckled. “I was clean. I had just gotten out of the shower.”

The waiter brought out some drinks and shortly after, our food.

“So, I guess we won’t be snowboarding today,” I said. “Any plans?”

“Well, we have all of those movies. We could further submerge you into American culture. There’s an arcade here, also. And I believe they have ski ball, a great American classic. All of the activities are comp’d right now since their snow plow is broken and we’re going to be stuck here for longer. So, I vote we try to hit everything in one day.

After breakfast, we played ski ball, we sat in the sauna, the swam in the indoor swimming pool, we ate lunch, we got a 20-minute massage, skipped the mud-thing, and then it was around 4:46. We sat in our room, bored.

“Is that a door?” Tucker asked.

“Where?”

“To the balcony?”

I walked over. “Yeah. It’s a sliding door.”

He walked over and looked out, scanning the land. “I’ll be right back,” he said.

I shrugged my shoulder and laid down on the bed. He burst back into the room five minutes later. “What are you carrying?”

“Put on your snowboots and your jacket. And like, two pairs of jeans. And an extra sweatshirt. And the gloves and the hat and the scarf, too.”

“Okay…” I said, doing as he told as he layered on his clothing next to me.

“Follow me, quietly,” he said, unlocking our balcony before we left the room.

We left the room and walked up the stairs to the third floor. He walked to one of the entertainment rooms locked it from behind.

He cautiously opened the door to the outside. “There’s a slope on this side. We can probably slide down to our room.”

I smiled at him. “Really?” He nodded. “Okay. Let’s go.”

He set the sled out and climbed on first. I climbed out after him and we slid all the way down. About halfway past our window where the snow pile reached its lowest point.

“What do we do now?” I asked.

“We climb back up and go again,” Tucker said. “We’ve found something to do.”
♠ ♠ ♠
=/ I miss him so much now.

I hate missing people.