Like a Shattered Mirror

You're Kinda Cute

I jumped out of bed and got ready for school before heading out. I hadn't been taking my pills and I had met a nice guy. His name is Garrett. He's really sweet and I have a good feeling about him.

"Hey, Gary!" I yelled, running up to him so I could fall in step beside him.

"Hi, Amy," he smiled. "Any luck with your amnesia?" He was so caring.

"Not really. But I'm learning who my friends are. So far I know I am friends with the Franklin twins; Jane and Jamie, a girl named Samantha, and you, of course," I laughed.

"That's good. Why do you think you lost your memory?"

"I don't know. I do know some guy made me want to kill myself so I did anything possible to off myself. But I don't know what he did. Do you?"

"No," he told me. I sighed.

"Oh well. Maybe I didn't want to remember because it hurt so much. I can faintly recall the hours I spent crying in a ball on my floor. I don't want to go through that again, but if I can't remember what I went through, than I can't guarantee it won't."

"Yeah. Well, I gotta get to my locker. See you later."

The only weird thing was he barely talked to me during school. And I think my friends and him had a feud because they never went near each other.

I walked to my first class alone and saw a Garrett. Wait, no, that wasn't Gary. The guy had red hair--I mean, actually bright red, not orange--and auburn eyes, whereas Garrett had black hair and blue eyes. But they looked so much alike. And this guy was kind of cute.

"Hi, I'm Amanda Lynn Wilson."

"Ahh, and I'm James G. Black."

"What's the G?"

"Garrett."

I stood there for a moment. James-Garrett Black. Hmm...

"I like that name," I smiled.