My Illegal Love Story

You want my hand in what?

*Part 28
I had been wandering aimlessly around the store for over an hour trying to wrap my head around the situation. My mum’s in a coma and I couldn’t go back to America whit out hurting my already torn apart family. I began to wonder if I would ever see Tre again. Or Billie and even Mike for that matter. I turned down the cake mixture isle with my trolley full to the rim with things that I didn’t need...like insect repellent and bleach, I was just trying to fill my empty space with material things, however this didn’t work at all.
Thankfully the isle was empty, so that gave me some time to think the situation through; out loud mind you. I picked up a packet of flour and just ranted to myself,
“You had it all.”.... “Why did you give it away?”... “Family or friends?” I couldn’t stop...it was like a never ending trail of thought.
In attempt to focus my attention else where I picked up a bag of flour and just as I was about to look at the price there was a movement in the corner of my eye. I turned to look. And there at the other of the isle was my knight in shinning armour…..a shortish man with dark brown hair and icy blue eyes, dressed in black with jelled up hair,
“CHRISTINA!!!” Tre yelled as he came jogging down the isle.
All thoughts about my problems went straight out the window. I ran to meet him. As we reached each other the scene became a cliché as he lifted me off the ground and spun around in a hug. I couldn’t think straight...
“But how did you find me?” I asked breathlessly as he put me back on the ground,
“I’ve been searching every single grocery store in a 50 mile radius to the hospital for over an hour!” he softly said s he leant in and kissed me on the cheek.
“Oh Tre I can’t believe you would do such a thing! Just for me!” the thought of Billie just left my mind...he was all talk.
“Well you left in such a hurry I though I might have done something to offend or hurt you...” there was quick silence between us.
“Christina I don’t want to hurt you ever again. No more. It’s just you and me now baby!” he said as pulled the lose hair behind my ear, I quickly intercepted his hand.
“Tre you’ve said this before. ‘No more cheating’ and so on. But it always happens. How can I trust you this time?”
“Because I love you so much. I can’t imagine my life without you, and when I saw the note I literally broke down. I was so depressed I almost OD’d again... But then I thought about you and I realised that I had to find you and fight for you! I don’t want you running away because me ever again….”I heard his voice croak and a drop of water reached his eye,
“I didn’t run away because of you Tre. My mum… she was in a car accident and now she’s in a coma and they’re not sure if she’s going to make it!” I said with a sob and fell into his open and ready arms.
“It’s ok baby. I’m here for you. Don’t worry.” He soothingly said as he caressed my hair with his tough hand.
I was glad he came. Really I was. But I couldn’t just stand there and hug a thirty something year old man right in the middle of a public place, I wasn’t ashamed or disappointed, I just couldn’t do it there, what if Nat came looking for me? What if the paparazzi come and snapped a picture of us? I’d be ruined...Tre would be ruined! I quickly pulled away from his warm embrace and looked up at him.
“Tre you shouldn’t have come. I mean I’m not upset that you did. But my parents don’t know about you…. And what if the paparazzi see us... you’d be in trouble... Big time!...i love you,but what if this doesnt work?”
“I don’t care. I have travelled across the world to see the woman I love and to ask her a question……” he said with such confidence as he slowly bent down on one knee,
I was frozen...I knew what he was going to do and I didn’t know what to say.
“Christina would you do me the honour of being my wife?”
What do I say? I mean I’m not even legal age yet...what if he wanted a shot gun wedding?....I quickly stopped and thought hard about my decision,
‘If I hold the wedding off until early next year...I’ll be legal,but Tre's going to find out some time...but I can’t do that to my family, that’s the last thing that they need.’ I calmly opened my mouth and began to speak my answer.