My Illegal Love Story

Give me a long kiss goodnight and everything will

*Part 31
What do I do? That was the question that was running through my head at a rapid speed. “Give me a long kiss goodnight and everything will be alright
Tell me that I won't feel a thing”
My favourite green day lyrics rang somewhere in the distance bringing me back into the normal world.
“Hello.” I sweetly said in the speaker of the phone.
“Hey beautiful.” I heard Tre’s sweet and calming voice say.
“Oh...hey baby, what’s up?” I tried to drown the echoing noise of beeps and whines of from the machines around me,
“Not much, I was just missing the sound of your voice.”
“Are you still on the plane?” I asked loudly.
“Yeh, 5 more hours to go...where are you?”
I was just silent for a while. I didn’t know wither to just tell him the truth or wait until America to break the news. Wait till America I decided… doing what I always did procrastinating.
“Oh I’m just in mum’s hospital room. It’s empty now because mum is taking her first walk! “
“Don’t you want to be there for that?”
“No.. I just wanted to spend some time looking at my empty finger thinking about how much I want it to have a ring on it.” I said sweet talking him.
“Oh babe you’re just the most beautiful person I have ever met...i cant wait to marry you, Well I’m not really aloud to be on the phone so love you lots and can’t wait till you’re back in my arms!”
“Same to you Tré.”
I hung up feeling guilty but I knew I’d done what had to be done. as I looked around the corner I saw Dr.Witt assisting my mum up and down the hall, he quickly poked his head in side the room,
“Hey Christina, you’re family wants to talk to you… do you think you can handle them for a couple of minutes?” Dr Witt interrupted my thoughts.
“Oh well if it’s only for a couple of minutes…..”
My mum, dad and my sister slowly filed into my room and found space on the empty floor.
“Hello Christina. I have something I wanted to ask you.” My mum’s voice sounded so frail compared to its normally slurred tone.
“Shoot mum, I’m glad to see your back on your feet.” I happily answered.
“Well my near death experience just proved to me I have taken family for granted. I really want to spend sometime with your father… like a second honeymoon. NOW I know you’ve just got back from staying at the beach house. But do you think Jas’ parents would let you stay for another month or so?”
“Are you angry that I lied to you mum?” I sadly asked
“No...I should have seen that you needed a break, I didn’t listen to you and I should of...I want you to go back there and have a REAL holiday.”
I couldn’t contain my happiness.
‘Well I can ask. But I think this is a great idea mum…you guys deserve it.”
Amazing just the chance I was looking for to go back to America and speak with Tré………