Are You Insane? No I'm in Love!

A Family Feud Can Lead to Allies

Jennifer Lee's POV

As the weeks progressed, Jonathan and I have become really good friends. Almost everyday we go out and have coffee together and it’s really sweet, he always insists on buying.

Now why can’t there be more guys like Dr. Crane in the world?

“Seriously guys, I’ve found out so many things about him. For instance, did you know that before he worked at Arkham, he was a professor at Gotham University? He’s also specialized in the psychology of fear! How cool is that?!” I asked the girls once again in the cafeteria.

“Hmm, on my scale of cool, that’s about as cool as... nothing” Tilaina said while fiddling around with her dumplings.

I paid no mind to her insult, “What really bugs me though is that he said they kicked him out of the Gotham U, but he never told me why.”

“He must’ve gotten a bit frisky with another student” Ali giggled.

“HEY! He did not, he’s too smart to make a move like that!”

“Jen, you’ve been doing nothing but praising his intelligent ass for the past week” Tilaina threw her hands up in the air. “Face it, you like him and he really, really, really likes you! Why do you think he’s been buying you coffee all this time?!”

“He doesn’t like me and I don’t like him. We are just good friends, that’s all.”

“That’s how it always starts,” Beccy piped up, “then it leads to very good friends, and that leads to… ‘Ooh, ahh, Jen! Oh Jen, fuck me! Yeah baby!’” Beccy fake moaned, making the others burst out laughing.

“Shhh! Shut up and keep your goddamn voices down we‘re in at school for God sakes!” I hissed, making them instantly stop.

“Hey, do… do your parents even know you’re seeing this guy? Having sexual relations with anyone over the age of eighteen is illegal you know” Tara asked making the entire table go silent as all eyes turned toward me.

“For the last fucking time,” I banged my fists down on the table as I stood up, “I. Am. Not 'seeing' Jonathan! He’s a good friend and that’s all it will ever be! God, why can’t you guys get that through your thick skulls?!” with that, I got up and walked away from the table.

“Oh JenJen common, we didn’t mean it!” I heard them call out.

I just flipped them the bird as I stormed out of the room.

*******************************************************************************

I didn’t feel like riding the bus cause that meant running into my friends, whom I did not want to see at the moment, so I just walked home. As soon as I let myself into the house, I immediately ran up to my room and slammed the door shut.

“For the love of God, just give me a break people!” I cried, burying my face into my pillow, and I stayed that way for thirty minutes before falling asleep.

When I woke up, I looked over at my alarm clock. It read: six thirty.

Fan-fucking-tastic.

As I hopped down the stairs, I skipped into the kitchen, where I saw my family eating dinner.
I offered a smile as my little brother looked up at me, “Jen!”

“Oh there you are hunny! Common sit down, sit down! You look starved!” my mom gestured me to my chair as she began to fill up my plate.
My dad, who was usually talkative during dinner as well as the loudest, remained quiet.

“Um, so, how was school today hun?” asked my mom.

“Oh, um… it was okay.” I could feel my dad staring at me, but I didn’t care. I knew I did nothing wrong and continued to eat while chatting with my mother and brother.

*******************************************************************************

“Okay guys, I gotta go and finish up some homework.” I stated as I finished clearing the rest of the table.

“No, you’re not. Your mother and I need to talk to you. Sit down.” my father said in an unusually harsh voice. I just went along with it and sat down.

“Okay, what’s the problem? I’m getting straight A‘s, I’m not getting into trouble, and I’ve been doing my chores. There cannot be anything wrong.”

My parents just looked at each other.

“Jennifer,” my dad began, “you remember what I said about not leaving the building? Well, I happened to find out that they you were with Doctor Crane in a coffee shop.”

“Exactly how did you find out?”

“The people at security sent me an envelope full of pictures of you two, and I’m not pleased one bit” he crossed his arms.

Damn security!

“Um, okay?”

“Jennifer Lee Blackwell, you deliberately disobeyed me! After I told you not to do something, you went ahead and did it anyway! That is extremely disrespectful and I will not tolerate it!”

“Dad! It was just freaking coffee! Plus, it was right across the street!” my voice started to rise.

“It’s not the coffee I’m concerned about… it’s Crane.”

I stared in disbelief, “What are you talking about?”

“Jen," my mother spoke, “your father is just a little weary of you being around this young man. You are fifteen and he is… and he’s… well, men of that age… when they see a beautiful young woman like you they... they sometimes can't control themselves. They-”

“Hold it” I stopped her, “Are you trying to tell me that you think Jonathan is a conniving pedophile and that he‘s after me? If you are, you both are sorely mistaken.”

“Listen here young lady, I’ve never had a good feeling about this guy. He has always been isolated from everyone else, and occasionally does some small talk; but now that he’s taken a massive interest in you, I cannot risk your safety.”

“You know what dad, just because this guy always isolates himself, that mostly likely means he’s shy or he was picked on in school and doesn‘t want to be the subject of mocking in the work place.” I gritted through my teeth.
All of a sudden, my father grabbed a hold of my shirt and pulled me over to him until I was an inch away from his face, “I have heard enough from you young lady, you are to go to your room and you are to get into bed. You won’t be going to work for the next two weeks!” he let go of me.

I just couldn’t take it anymore.

“SCREW YOU!” I screamed with tears in my eyes as I bolted out the front door.

“JEN! JENNIFER, COME BACK!” I heard my mother yell.

But I continued to run down the driveway with my tears streaking my face.

*******************************************************************************

Third Person POV

After awhile, Jen finally slowed down to take a breath. She knew she was far away from her home, but she could tell she wasn’t in a nice part of the city.
“Crap” she muttered looked around, deciding to head down a narrow alley.

As she was walking, Jen could help but feel she was being followed. Trying to act as casual as she could, Jen took a quick glance behind her, only to see a few teenage boys. Knowing immediately what would happen if she didn’t do it, Jennifer started to run.

“After her! She’s getting away!” one of the boys yelled. This only makes her run faster.

But not fast enough.

They caught her and held her down by her limbs. “Did the little bitch think she was gonna get away?” the main boy said as he threw a punch to her stomach, “Well, that ain‘t happening!” he yelled as he delivered a hard kick to her head, making her gasp in pain. They all continued kicking her until she had stopped groaning all together.

“Well since the whole gang is here, I say we throw a little party, and you’re the guest of honor.” another boy snickered. “Yeah, you wanna have some fun baby?” the leader was just reaching for the zipper of her jeans, until…

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

Jen’s eyes widened with shock as she saw all four boys fall to the ground, dead. She could see that they all had been shot in the head, and now were beginning form small pools of blood.

Jen tried to get up and walk but all of those blows to her head made her feel dizzy and it was hard for her to see, so she just lied there on the pavement. All of a sudden, she could see what appeared to be three men looming over her.

“H-help me… please…” she stammered, reaching her arms up to the men, before she slowly closed her eyes.

Before she lost complete consciousness, Jen heard a voice that whispered in her ear, “That’s it toots, go off to dreamland, like the good little girl you are.”

After that moment, Jennifer Lee Blackwell, would never lead the same life.
♠ ♠ ♠
And here... we... go.

*sighs* Another chapter up!
Enjoy!

XOXO | J

P.S- The Joker endorces Subway!