Status: Currently thinking up a Sequel!

About a Girl

But Where Were You That Night?

I tried to stay asleep for as long as I possibly could. I didn’t want to wake up because I knew that I would have to face a lot of questions because I didn’t want to answer any last night. So I tried to just snuggle closer against Alex’s side but only managed to fall out of the bunk. I groaned loudly only to hear someone laughing above me.

I looked up to see Jack standing almightily in front of me, “Why don’t you quit laughing and help me up?” I stuck my hand out and waited for him to grab it and pull me up.

“You know, you’re awfully cranky in the afternoon,” Jack laughed again as he took my hand and pulled me up. ‘Afternoon’, I thought, so I guess I did sleep in for awhile.

“Where’s Alex?” I asked immediately as I followed him out of the bunks and into the living room area. I only asked because my boyfriend was no where in sight and after what happened last night, I didn’t exactly like being anywhere without him.

Jack faked a look of hurt, “Well, it’s nice to see that you care so much about me too, Addie.”

“I’m sorry, Jackie… It’s just, you know…,” I trailed off as I planted myself down on the couch and wrapped my arms around my legs. “I don’t know how to get along without him, he always saves me.”

Jack smiled, “I know, ‘Lex has a knack for that, but he’ll be back in a few he had to go talk to the police.”

My stomach turned at the word, “The police, why? It’s because of William, right?”

Jack put a hand on my shoulder cautiously, “Well, yeah. Will was making threats against him last night after Adam and Chizzy got you to separated and then he started to get really antsy and started to talk crazy – But don’t worry security stopped him before he could do any real damage to ‘Lex.”

I knew Jack was making the news easier on me, like he wasn’t even suppose to be telling me it and then suddenly I couldn’t see straight and I guess I started to hyperventilate because Jack was telling me calm down and just to breath and right after that I jumped up and ran outside and just started to run. I had no clue as to where I was going but I knew I was going there fast.

[>>>]

After awhile I stopped in front of Brendon’s bus. I breathed heavily and hugged my sides as I caught my breath. Soon I was knocking on the door as if I was a stranger and my old best friend and ex-boyfriend was opening the door with a shocked expression, “Addie? What are you doing…? You’ve been crying, come in.”

I walked up the very short flight of steps, and soon fell to the floor in another burst of tears. I was tired and had no idea why I had come here. It would have made more sense to go see Adam, he would’ve comforted me and told me that everything was alright and I would believe him because he’s my brother – Brendon though, I had lost all of my respect and trust for. I shouldn’t be here, so why did I come here?

“Addie, I want to ask what’s wrong, but news travels really fast on a tour,” Brendon stated as he sat down cross-legged across from me.

“So then, you’ve seen Alex?” I asked quietly, my voice was still drenched in tears and it flat out hurt to talk, I guess I was still winded from the run. Brendon took his time answering. So I knew Alex’s injuries went as simple as Jack tried to put them, “Just spit it out, Brendon. I’m not a baby and in plain English too.”

He sighed, “He’s just bruises all over and he’s cut up a bit too, Bill took a knife at him – but I swear Addie, it’s not as bad as it sounds. Alex can defend himself really well and security got there in time to stop it before it got bad –“

“Where were you?! Where was Adam? Or Jack? Or Rian or anybody? Somebody should have stopped it before it happened at all!” I shouted at him hoping he would shout back and argue with me but all Brendon did was nod his head.

“I know but Will picked the lock Adam had set on the bunk door and left after hours and called Alex, apparently. Why Alex went, nobody here knows, but the fact is it happened and now Bill’s in the county jail.”

I just breathed for a while as I studied the bus that I used to live in. It’s funny to say that actually, we’ve been on this tour for a month or so and while I was supposed to spend the entire thing on this very bus I barely spent the first day on it. I don’t even think I’m mad at Brendon anymore – more like I’m thankful to him, maybe that’s why I came here.

“Thank you, Brendon,” I said after a while.

He looked startled, “For what?”

“Breaking my heart,” Before he could as what I meant by that I continued. “If you hadn’t cheated on me then I never would have spent that entire first day of tour with Alex and eventually the past month and so I have to thank you because I love him and if you hadn’t done what you did then, well, I wouldn’t be here now.”

Brendon smiled slightly, “Well I guess you’re welcome, because you know, Addie, I’d do anything to make you happy. But I never cheated on you.”

“Brendon, don’t lie to me; I saw it with my own two eyes,” I stated firmly.

He sighed out and then took a deep breath to begin what he had to say, “I think I know what you might’ve seen, which was me and a girl coming off of the bus separately, right? That was definitely not what you thought it was, it was an interviewer from Alternative Press – I have a copy of the interview right here.”

Brendon stood up and walked over to the where the coffeepot was and picked up a magazine before walking back and sitting down next to me once more. He showed me the cover, which was Alternative Press with him as the artist on the cover. I could feel my mouth drop open in shock and utter disbelieve, “See, Addie, I would never do anything to hurt you – and that night when me and Will got into that fight and Alex had to break it up, I was coming to tell you but you had already made your decision and I respect it as long as you’re happy.”

I could hardly speak; I had made such a mistake, “Oh my Billie Joe, Mike and Tre… I’m so sorry Brendon! I’ve just had such a bad experience with guys and cheating…”

“I know, and like I said, you’ve made your decision and its okay with me as long as you’re happy with Alex.”

I threw my arms around his neck, “Gah, you’re such an amazing guy, Bren.”

“I know,” I could hear the smile and laugh in his voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
My middle name is "Must-Add-Drama"
Haha.
Guess what? You know how I lost subscribers?
I got some back!
That add Paramore tickets go on sale saturday
I'm a happy person.
<3