Status: Currently thinking up a Sequel!

About a Girl

What A Tangled Mess

I was strangely aware that my mouth was hanging open and that I was staring at the wall directly in front of me. What just happened? I don’t think I can even begin to process it in actual words. I mean I should’ve known that above else Will would still want me, but marriage? I always thought the idea was ludicrous and meant for people that were beyond insane. But as the words, ‘Will you marry me?’ repeated themselves over and over again in my burning out mind – I was falling for the idea of white gowns and thousands of flowers all over the places with a row of tortured bridesmaids to the side and my handsome fiancé waiting for me at the alter. The big question though…

“Who’s waiting for me?” Said out loud and just as Alex came into my peripheral view. I could see his confused expression and my face immediately fell. Alex probably never even dreamed of asking me in the next year; let alone today.

“Are you talking to yourself now?” He asked as he set down on the floor next to me. I could see that Alex had a bag from a carry-out in his hands. Mm, food; I haven’t eaten all day – This guy knows me too well.

I nodded, “I think so; I have to tell you something, Alex.”

‘Lex stopped in the process of handing me a take-out container from Wong’s – our favorite Chinese place and sigh, “What is it? Just spit it out.”

I took a breath because I wasn’t so sure how Alex was going to take this, “Will asked me to marry his – As his dying wish.”

He snorted and rolled his eyes, “His dying wish?” Standing up, he finally handed me my food and stalked off down the hallway.

“Alex! Where are you going?!” I called after him but it was useless; he ignored me and was gone. I sighed and picked the bag of food off the ground and went back into Will’s room that was now empty since Will had to go down for some tests to see how everything was working since his last surgery.

I sat up on the sill next to the large bay windows eating slowly for about an hour just thinking about what I was going to do; Say yes to Will? Who was I to deny a man his last wish? My thoughts were interrupted when there was a knock on the door. I looked up to see Alex, dressed to the nines with a bouquet of daisies in his hands.

“’Lex, what are you doing?” I asked as I put my chopsticks down. Alex simply shook his head as he walked towards me and handed me the flowers. I burrowed my noses in the delicious smell that I loved so much. I could see Alex beaming brightly just in front of me. “Now are you going to tell me what has you bringing me pretty daisies and dressed up like a fool?”

“Well, babe, I’m a fool for you,” Alex then proceeded to get down on one knee. My eyes shut themselves automatically as the tears flooded the corners. “Addison Marie Siska, will you do me the honor of spending your life with me by being my wife?”

A tiny black box had materialized in Alex’s hand when my eyes opened. I couldn’t believe this – What girl gets proposed to twice in one day? Me. I am the only girl that this happens to! I shook my head and ran out of the room until I found an elevator to take me away from this floor and hopefully to a coffee shop where I could think.

Two hours later I found myself in a corner booth at Starbucks, alone, sipping a caramel frappe with no enthusiasm at all. Aren’t you supposed to be thrilled, excited, happy beyond belief when you’re proposed to? I sighed and stared at my finger and imagined the ring that Alex had was on it right now. It was beautiful – probably his grandmother’s; Alex would do something traditional like that. My brain had been outthought-out today. I want to give Will his last dying wish but Alex… I want to marry Alex.

It then dawned on me how this can be a Win-Win situation.

Just, how was I going to get everyone to agree to it?
♠ ♠ ♠
Told you I'd get it out before Friday!
<3