Status: Currently thinking up a Sequel!

About a Girl

You Wouldn't Want This Anyway

I think that they think I was playing a game with them. Sitting in Will’s hospital room on the window sill again just looking between the two of them with both of the engagement rings in my hands; I had taken Alex’s off and placed in my right hand and put Will’s in my left. Even though I knew I already had them hear and told them they had to listen to me – or I wasn’t marrying anyone; I had a high suspicion that Will could have a hit man take Alex out or vice versa. Or they could just act like kids and not listen to me.

But how to make the best argument? Be blunt, “I’m marrying Will – first.”

The looks on their faces screamed; What? How could you? Thank god and of course the traditional, Wait a damn minute. Nicely though, they were so shocked out that they couldn’t speak so I just kept talking.

“I’m sorry, Will,” But I have to be honest to him, Alex and most importantly here – myself, “I hate to be rude or mean to you because I do love you but you’re dying; and I want someone that can grow old with me. I’ll give you you’re last dying wish and stay with you by your side until the day you do die. Like a proper wife – but I won’t ever stop being with Alex.”

Alex came and stood by me, so I knew he was in. I should have never second guessed his thoughts about it – it was something that I had decided to do. He would support me until after the end of time itself. I watched Will’s face as he breathed slowly.

“You’ve always spoken you’re mind, Addie,” His face turned up in a crooked smile. “I love that about you and I never wanted you to be unhappy. And if you’ll be happier with… Gaskank, then I won’t bother you anymore.”

My eyes widened and my mouth fell open. What was going on? It was never like Bilvy to just, give up, “What?”

“Go on get out of here – You don’t want to get married in a hospital room anyways,” Will’s face crunched up in a laugh.

No, the hospital room wasn’t quite what I had pictured when I had been lost in the land of white dresses and flowers and tortured bridesmaids. But as I continued to stare into Will’s face I saw him start to unravel and crumble under my gaze.

“GO!” He yelled at me. And startled, I grabbed Alex’s hand and we ran out of the room. I grabbed Alex’s hand with my left hand. I was so aware of that; the fact that I opened my left hand and latched onto Alex’s hand. I heard Will’s ring fall and make a tinkling sound as it hit the tiled floor. It wasn’t until we were in the elevator going seven floors down to the lobby that I slid down to the floor and hugged my knees; my eyes fixed to the floor and tearing up.

Alex sat down next to me as the elevator stopped at the four floor, “What’s wrong, Addie? Will-“

“That’s just it, Will,” I sniffled as I felt the gaze of the other elevator occupants. “I keep breaking his heart. No matter what I try to do and now his dying and, and…”

I just couldn’t speak. My tears overtook me and I curled into Alex’s body. He shushed me and say that in the long run everything will be okay. By the time Alex got me to the car my face had dried stains of make-up and my mind was heavy but I wasn’t exactly sad anymore and was far from crying.

“Besides,” Alex said as he turned onto the highway. “You can’t stay sad if you’ve got a wedding to plan.”

I looked over at him to see he had a big grin on his face which was so infectious I started to smile. It began to come across my mind that Alex had really asked me to marry him. No joke and not just because Will had. He genuinely wanted me – forever because, that’s what marriage is, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
So - is no one commenting on this anymore?
I'm not going to update anymore if I don't get any comments.
I'm sorry, 'cause that's just no fair to me.
I want feedback.
<3