Status: Currently thinking up a Sequel!

About a Girl

Choices Of Chances

I hailed cab and made it to the PI’s office in record timing. My mind was racing like a speeding bullet. I didn’t know what to expect – if I should expect something, anything at all. What was Detective Mack going to say? I was biting my lip as walked into the foyer of the agency; immediately the secretary bought me into Mack’s office where he was sitting going through a file.

“Ah, Mrs. Gaskarth, I’m glad you got here so quickly, I had some important news,” He looked from the file he was going through and set it aside. “William is fine – More than fine actually, I got a hold of his medical records – apparently his tumor is completely gone.”

“What?” Detective Mack handed over the file he had been going through. I flipped it over to see pages of medical records from, not only Johns Hopkins but from the Cleveland Clinic and Cedars Sinai. The most recent scans – from Cedars Sinai showed that the tumor was completely gone. From the combined efforts of Dr. Derek Shepherd and another Doctor, a woman named Jo Ellen Lee – they had gotten it all. Will was going to live.

I flipped the folder closed, “So, what does this mean?”

The Detective put his serious face on, “Your thoughts about him being in Santa Monica had been right – but he’s on the move, yesterday financial records showed that he bought a one way plan ticket to Paris-“

I interrupted him, “France?”

“Yes. It also showed that he bought a townhouse in the art district,” He reached out his hand for the file, I gave it back. Mack flipped through it until he reached what he was looking for and then gave it back to me, “Here’s where it is, I’m guessing that you’ll want to leave straight away if you want to meet him there.”

The thought actually hadn’t crossed my mind until the Detective had said it but now that it was in my head – that was exactly what I wanted to do.

I nodded, “Right, thank you so much. You’ve been a great help to me.”

I stood up and shook Mack’s hand and walked out.

[>>>]

I was packing my bags when Alex walked into our cabana room. I had already called and arranged a non-stop flight to Paris that left in two hours. Through I knew that I was going to leave; it had constantly been on my mind what Alex was going to say or do when I told him that I was leaving.

Alex sat on the bed and watched me for a while until I zipped up the final bag and placed it by the door, “You found him, didn’t you?”

I sat down next to Alex and grabbed his hand; it was his left hand. I looked down at it and played with his ring, “You have to understand, Alex…”

He sighed and pulled his hand away from me. Alex stood up and walked around the room for a bit. I waited for him to talk, which didn’t take that long, “Damn it, Addison. Why can’t you let him go? Honestly after all the fucking bullshit he put you though – heartbreak after heartbreak, you’re still going to go running after him? He said he didn’t want you anymore.”

My mouth gaped open, “He never said that –“

“Quit lying to yourself or how about you quit lying to me?” Alex turned around and walked towards me. He kneeled down in front and looked me dead in the eye. “I mean do you even love me?”

The sudden blunt question took me by surprise and it made me just want to stare at Alex, because honestly, what did he want me to tell him? No, I don’t? “Of course I love you, Alex – Do you think I would marry you if I didn’t fucking love you? I can’t believe you would even ask me that.”

Silent tears had apparently been streaming down my eyes for sometime since, suddenly I felt warm wet droplets fall on to my arms. I stood up and grabbed my bags from the floor; on a second thought I dropped them again and walked back over to Alex who was now sitting completely on his ass on the floor. I sat down next to him and kissed his cheek, “I’m going to Paris – If you still love me.”

I got back up and walked to the door. As I picked my bags back up and opened the door to walked out, Alex hummed and started to sing,

“Left bank café,
Strolling the quays,
Watching the boats on the Seine
come back again.
Where is that girl I met,
That girl that made me get those
Paris blues and wonder?
Why did I have to roam?
I was so much at home,
Ev'ry lovely evening
in a cozy café,
Sipping champagne
along the main boulevards.
She was so fine,
just like the wine.
Now ev'ry day is black.
Please, someone, send her back
so I can lose those Paris blues.
♠ ♠ ♠
Badda Badda Ba ba da Oh Dakota.
Sorry - I soooo have ARTTM stuck in my head.
<3