Dream Breaker

Chapter Twenty

Pulling up to Zacky's house he saw that Adrianne was outside playing with little Jake, getting out of his car he waved at her slightly. Adrianne looked at him and blinked.

"I didn't expect to see you today." She told him.

"I had nothing better to do." He said as he was attacked by Jake.

"Hi, Bri!" He said with a bright smile on his face, "Play?"

Brian looked down at the little boy clinging to his legs, he shook his head. "Maybe later little man, alright?" he told him.

Jake let out a sigh and let go stepping back, "Pomise?"

Adrianne looked at Brian and then at her son who was staring up at him. Brian nodded and ruffled his hair.

"I promise." Brian said.

"Jacob, go inside and wake up daddy okay?" Adrianne said with a smile. Jake nodded and walked up the stairs slowly walking into to the house leaving his mother and Brian alone. Adrianne walked to the front steps and took a seat patting the empty spot next to her, "Take a seat." she said.

Joining her on the front steps he looked at his hands, "So, you said that you wanted to talk?"

Adrianne nodded, "That I did, I heard that you and Audrey went out to dinner last night."

"Where did you hear that?" He asked.

"From my sister,"

"Oh...well yeah we did." He said as he took out a smoke from his pack, "You don't mind do you?"

Shaking her head, "No I don't mind," she told him. "You seemed stressed."

Stressed was only part of his problem, he felt guilty. "You could say that I am stressed, yes." he told her honestly.

"You know Brian," She said letting out a sigh. "I want to say that I am sorry."

Looking at her out of the corner of his eye he lit his smoke, "You have nothing to apologize for. We have already been of this. I was the one that did wrong, I hurt her." he admitted.

"I am apologizing for being such a bitch, you may have hurt my sister but that doesn't give me the right to treat a friend like that." She told him.

He let the smoke out from his lungs and looked at her. "You know to be honest I am amazed that I still have friends. Every one is pretty pissed at me." He told her honestly taking another long drag.

"Can you really blame them Brian? Audrey is a little sister to everyone in the group, and the way did it wasn't the smartest way either."

"How about the fact that the real reason I broke up with her was that I'm not ready to be a dad?"

Adrianne stayed silent, "That is actually something I really want to talk to you about."

"What? How I'm not ready to be a dad?"

She nodded, "Kind of. I know that the idea of being a dad is scary, but it is more scary for Audrey being a first time mother."

"I understand that Adrianne, honestly I really do.." He told her softly taking a drag. "When she and I went out to dinner we talked, I knew I really hurt her."

"She still loves you,"

He sighed and rubbed his face. "I know,"

"Can you be honest with me?" She asked him.

"I guess," he told her.

Adrianne looked at him and rubbed her face; she was trying to think how she was going to ask this next question, “Do you think that Audrey…should move on?” She asked him.

Brian looked at Adrianne with a pure look of confusion on his face, “What the hell type of question is that? Should she move on, of course she should.” He said taking another much needed drag, filling his lungs till they burned. “It’s not good for her to dwell on the past.”

Adrianne only nodded looking up at the clear blue sky, “I have to agree with you on that.”

“I would hope so, I mean I moved on.” He told her.

“I know you have Brian, and I’m for you and Shauna.” Adrianne said tasting something bitter in her mouth as she spoke that false statement. She knew that it was because she said she was happy for Brian and the bitch.

Brian flicked his ash, Adrianne was happy for him huh? Funny for some reason that thought of Shauna right now made him sick.

“You are at least going with Audrey to her doctor’s appointment right?” Adrianne asked hearing Zack’s voice from behind the closed door.

“Um…I’m not sure about that yet; when I had dinner with I told her that I didn’t think Shauna would like it to much.”

Rolling her eyes she looked at him, “It’s the least that you could do you know, it doesn’t have to be for Audrey. Do it for the baby.”

“Shauna doesn’t even know I went to dinner with her. How do you think she is going to react when I start spending more time with my ex girlfriend then her?” He asked.

“Well,” Adrianne said calmly, “If I was Shauna I would be glad that my boyfriend is stepping up and being responsible,” Shrugging she continued. “But I’m not her, and thank god for that.”

Brian put out his smoke in the ash tray sitting to him.

‘And besides,” Adrianne said, “What she doesn’t know won’t hurt her right?”

Brian stayed silent.

“That’s what you always used to say.”

“Alright, I will go with her on Friday.” He told her.

Adrianne smiled and patted his leg, “This is the Brian that I know, one that isn’t afraid to bend the rules. Not the asshole that I bitch slapped.”

He looked at her with a blank express on his face that was un-amused. “Or hit in the face with a water bottle.”

“You deserved that and you know it.” She told him.

He nodded and looked at his watch and sighed, he really should be going, and then thinking to himself. “Go home and do what? Oh ya drink away my emotions.” Then the two of the noticed that Audrey’s car was pulling into the drive way, Brian raised his brow as she got out of the car. Normally she would be just getting to the day care.

Audrey walked up the stone path and saw Brian and her sister sitting on the porch.

“What are you doing home?” Brian asked, trying to hide his concern. Adrianne stood up and hugged her sister, “Morning sickness hitting you hard babe?”

Audrey only nodded. “You have know idea.” She said as she leaned her head on her sister’s shoulder.

“Yes sweetie, I know exactly what you mean. Jacob didn’t fall from the sky.”

“I want it to stop…” She pouted. Adrianne ran her fingers through her sisters hair and kissed her head softly.

“It will soon enough.” Adrianne told her.

Brian watched as Adrianne comforted her, his stomach in knots. “Is there anything that will halp make it a little more bearable?” he asked.

Adrianne nodded. “There is.”

“And this thing would be?” Brian asked Adrianne with a tiny hint of annoyance in his voice.

“Ginger tea, I ran out a few weeks ago.” She told him.

“I can ran and get some if you need it.” He said standing up.

“No,” Audrey told him, “I’ll just sleep it off, it’s not a problem.”

Adrianne smiled softly at him, “That would help her, yes. Thank you.”

Taking his keys out of his pocket her nodded, “I will be back.” He then walked passed the two girls getting into his car he sighed.

Audrey looked at her sister with confusion clear as crystal on her face. “What did you do to him?”

“I didn’t do anything,” Adrianne told her with a smile. “He is being a grown man, that’s all.”

“Brian’s middle name is Peter Pan.” Audrey said.

“No that is Jimmy’s name.” Adrianne said walking her sister in the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well guys,
Here is another update for you!
Thank you so much for all the lovely comments, they really make me smile.

For those who really like Nicole, she is in a new story called No more Tea Parties. Go check it out.