Dream Breaker

Chapter Twenty- Four

~The Next Morning~

Brian woke up to the sound of his phone going off with a continuous ring tone from Adrianne. Grumbling he leaned over the edge of the bed and slowly grabbed his phone, hitting talk he held it to his ear.

"Hello?" he grumbled.

"Are you on your way?" Adrianne asked, "Because Audrey is already at the Doctor's office," She told him.

"What the hell are you talking about? Why is she at the Doctor's office?" He asked.

Adrianne sighed and turned off the water in the back ground, "She is going for her first check up, that's why she is at the doctor's," She told him as Brian heard little Jake in the back ground splashing away happily, "Remember you told her that you were going to go?"

Brian looked at the alarm clock sitting on the night stand next to his head and sighed as he rubbed his face, "Sorry Adrianne, I slept through my alarm, tell her that I will be right there okay?"

Agreeing she then hung up the phone, Brian did the same and rubbed his face looking over seeing Shauna was asleep with her back to him. Getting out of the bed he walked over and grabbed a clean change of clothes before grabbing a quick shower. Once he was dressed he looked to see the Shauna was still asleep, good. He really didn't want to have to explain to Shauna where he was going, walking out of his bedroom he grabbed his things and got in the car.

He took out his phone and dialed Audrey's number, hitting talk he waited pulling out of his drive way.

"Brian where are you?" Audrey asked, "I thought you were going to come with me?"

"I am, I just woke up late. I didn't hear my alarm go off, I will be there soon." He told her, once the two of them said good bye Brian was on his way to the doctor office that Audrey told him earlier.

The drive only took about fifteen minutes, he got out of his car and took his shade s off and walked into the office seeing Audrey sitting on one of the chair's filling out paperwork. "

"Hey," He said as he took a seat, "Sorry that I'm late,"

Audrey shrugged, "I was just worried that you wouldn't show up, that's all." She told him honestly, she then finished the last sheet of paper work and walked over to the counter handing them to the nurse who had a warm smile on her face.

"Doctor Devon will be with you two shortly," She smiled and started to put Audrey's information in the computer.

Audrey then took her seat next to Brian and looked at her phone, seeing there was a text message from her sister.

"Adrianne is a little slow on relaying messages," Audrey told him.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"She just told me that you would be here,"

Brian laughed and shock his head, looking over to the door that lead to the examination rooms he saw a older woman with slightly graying hair walk out.

"Audrey Abendroth?" The woman said with a smile.

Audrey looked up from her phone and stood up her bag over her shoulder, "That's me," She said.

"Wonderful. It is a pleasure to meet you, I'm Doctor Devon," She held her hand out to her, "And is this the father?" she asked.

Audrey looked at Brian and nodded, "Yes, this is Brian."

"It's nice to meet you," The Doctor said as she held the door open so they could go in to the back. Brian only nodded and followed behind Audrey and the doctor who were chatting away with one another. The three of them then stopped at a door, Doctor Devon opened it and let the two of them walk a head of her.

"Audrey," She smiled at her, "If you could please take your seat on the bed and just get comfy we can get started."

Audrey nodded and climbed on top of the bed and leaned back like she was told, Brian smiled as he saw her pat her tummy softly.

"Excitied?" He asked her.

"You can say that," She smiled at him.

Doctor Devon started asking Audrey question, along the lines of what is her day to day life consist of. Her diet and other things that she would need to know about the young girl. Audrey answered to the best of her ability and looked at Brian every once and a while for a little bit of help.

"Alright," She smiled, "Let's hear the little one shall we?" She smiled.

Audrey smiled and nodded as did what she was instructed and lifted up her shirt revealing her small baby bump, Brian's eyes darted to her tummy and smiled softly. He saw the belly button ring she had in.

"Wow," He laughed.

"What?" Audrey asked him.

"You haven't taken out that belly ring?"

Audrey looked down at her tummy and tugged on it lightly, "I haven't taken it out since I got it done, and I won't take it out." She told him.

Doctor Devon looked down seeing her belly ring, "Well," She entered some more of her information in the computer, "I hate to burst your bubble sweetie, but you are going to have a maternity ring in." She told her.

Audrey sighed and looked around the room that was sitting in. Doctor Devon smiled and hit enter.

"Alright, you ready?" She asked Audrey with a bright smile.

Audrey nodded happily.

"What about you Brian are you ready to hear your baby?" She asked him.

Brian nodded slowly and kept his eyes on the screen, he then felt Audrey take his hand in hers and watched the screen as well.

Audrey squirmed slight feeling the gel go on her tummy, and smiled as Doctor Devon started moving the wand on her tummy. The three of them stayed in silence for a few minutes, and Doc Devon moved the wand only a few more times and then stopped.

"Do you hear that?" She asked the two of them, "It's a heartbeat," She smiled.

Audrey bit her lower lip as her gaze was still on the screen, "Oh wow.." she said softly. Brian smiled softly and squeezed her hand in reaction to her squeezing his.

Doc Devon moved the wand just a little and stopped raising an eye brow.

"Hmm, that's odd." She said.

Brian's brow raised at the older woman's statement and felt Audrey's grip on his hand tighten.

"What do you mean that's odd? Is everything okay?" He asked.

"Yes, everything is fine,"

"Then what's odd?" He asked once more.

"I hear two heart beats,"

Audrey looked at Brian and then looked at the Doc Devon. Brian blinked and looked at the doctor and then his eyes moved to the screen, watching as the picture moved.

"Aren't you supposed to hear two? Because one of them is hers?" He asked.

Doc Devon shock her head, "No, no. The second one isn't Audrey's, it's the second babies." She said happily, "Congratulations you are having twins."

Brian's eyes went wide as the thought hit him, he was going to be the father of twins. He glanced down at Audrey who's eyes were just as wide. Great. Then everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well here you guys go.
Heehee. Didn't see that coming now did you? Haha.
Well. Hope you like it.

There is going to be a question, and I want you answer the question in your comment.

What should the genders of the twins be?

Now,
To whore out my stories.

No More Tea Parties, Featuring M. Shadows
And.
Dreams Never Come True, Featuring Jimmy The Rev Sullivan.

Comment and subscribe!
Thanks!
<3 Calder