Dream Breaker

Chapter Twenty- Five

"Brian?" A quiet voice called his name, "Are you okay?" the voice asked him again. Brain's eyes slowly focused on the two figures looking down at him, he held his head and a groaned.

"What the hell..happened?" He asked as he started to sit up.

"Slow down there Mr. Haner. There is need to rush things." Doc Devon told him.

Brian ignored her and sat up looking at Audrey and to the Doctor, "Why the hell was I on the floor?"

"You passed out," Doc Devon told him.

"I passed out? Why did I pass out?" He asked.

"Because," She smiled at the two of them, "You guys are having twins."

Brian looked at the older woman and then looked at Audrey, he closed his eyes and rubbed his face.

"Are you serious?"

Audrey took out a copy of the ultra sound and held it out so he could see the two peanut shape figures.

"You're the father of twins." She told him with a smile.

Brian took the picture from her hand and looked at it then looked at Audrey, he was going to be the father of twins? Twins, how the hell was this going to work out? He was seriously fucked royally, this was going to be another thing he was going to get bitched at from Shauna and he knew it.

"You have your pre-natal's right Audrey?" Doc Devon asked her as she stood up holding her hand out to Brain, who of course didn't take it. He stood up and stuck the picture in his back pocket, looking at Audrey he flashed her a smile.

"Yes ma'am I do," She smiled, "I will see you next month."

"That you two will, am I right?"

"Yes ma'am, right Brian?" Audrey asked looking at him with hopeful eyes.

Brian looked at Audrey and nodded slowly, "You'll see us."

"Good," Doc Devon smiled, "I will see you two next month, same time."

Brian and Audrey said their goodbyes to the doctor and walked out of the building, he took a his smokes and sighed as he lit up his smoke.

"Well.." He let the smoke from his lungs, "That was interesting."

"Shocking more like it," Audrey replied.

"Uh huh, twins.." He said softly.

"Oh trust me, I know. You aren't going to be the one carrying them for nine months."

Brian nodded and took another drag, "Did you send your sister a text?" he asked trying to change the subject.

"No, I'm not telling anyone yet." She told him.

Brian looked at her with a confused look on his face.

"If you're not telling anyone yet, how come I am here?" He asked her.

She crossed her arms over her chest and looked at him.

"You're the father Brain, you kind of have the right to know about your kid. Well kids," She told him as she pulled her sun glasses out and placed them on her head. "Besides, we are friends aren't we?"

Brian nodded and took another drag, she was right they were friends. Then the sound of his hone went off and broke the semi nice conversation that was going on between Brian and Audrey.

"You better get that," Audrey said to him, "It might be Shauna." She said as she walked over to her car.

Watching as she walked off her looked at the phone in his hand seeing that of course it was Shauna who was calling. His eye still locked on Audrey who was getting into her car, he then hit the talk button once she got in the car and closed the door.

"Morning beautiful," He said taking a long drag, letting the nicotine hit him as hard as it could.

"Where are you?" Shauna asked, it was clear to Brian that she had just woken up.

"Out with Matt, we are heading over to the studio to work some. Why what's up?" He asked as he watched as Audrey drove passed him not even making eye contact.

"Nothing, I just missed you that's all. I don't even remember getting a good bye kiss from you." She told him.

Brian said that he was sorry after her whine for a minute or two about how she woke up in a cold bed he sighed.

"Babe, we are ready to start. I have to let you go. Okay?"

"Oh, alright." She sighed, "I love you." She said.

"You too." He then hung the phone up.

~At Zack's house~

A hour or so later had passed and Audrey pulled into the drive way, getting out of her car she grabbed the bag from the local craft store and walked inside seeing Matt and a very familiar red headed girl sitting on the couch.

"Hey Nicole what are you doing here?" Audrey asked as she took her flats off and walked over and took a seat next to Matt, "Oh and hi Matt." She said with a smile as she places a kiss on his cheek.

"I see, Nicole is back and you just ignore me huh?" He sighed, "I see how you are."

Audrey playfully hit his shoulder.

"I just gave you a kiss,"

"So one kiss, I don't even get hugs anymore," Matt sighed, "How sad is that?"

Nicole then wrapped her arms around him and smiled. "I will give you hugs Matt, and kisses if you want them."

"You two are so cute!" Audrey smiled.

Nicole then placed a kiss on his cheek and turned her attention to Audrey.

"Adrianne said that you were going to the doctor, is everything alright?"

Audrey nodded.

"Everything is okay, I just needed to go for a checkup that's all,"

"Oh..okay," Nicole smiled, "What is in the bag?"

"I am in the mood to do crafty things, would you like to help?" Audrey asked as she stood up.

"Sure."

Zack then walked out with Jacob close at his heels, he smiled at Audrey.

"Hey, Auds." He said as Jacob ran over to where Matt was sitting and took a seat next to him.

Audrey smiled and waved, "Nicole and I will be upstairs okay?" She told him as the two girls walked up stairs leaving Matt and Zacky alone.

The two girls then made their way up the stairs walking into Audrey's room. The two of them took a seat on her bed.

"What are the cards for?" Nicole asked as she tugged on her snake bite.

Audrey looked at her and smiled softly.

"You know that we are having the get together tomorrow right?"

Nicole nodded, "Yes, but what does that have to do with making cards?"
"I have a surprise for everyone,"

Nicole smiled, "I want to know!" She told her happily.

Audrey stayed quiet for a few moments and then took a one of the ultra sound pictures, handing it to Nicole. Nicole took it in her hand and blinked looking at the picture in her hand, ultra sound pictures never really made sense to her.

"These things have never made sense to me, who is this?" She told her as she looked at it closer. Then her eyes went wide and looked at Audrey who was already starting to decorate the front of one of the cards.

"My babies," Audrey told her as she walked over to her desk taking out her color pencils.

"Babies? You mean there are more than one?" Nicole asked looking at the picture in her hands closer.

Audrey laughed and walked over to her friend, she took the picture in her hand pointed to one of peanut figures.

"That is one of them," She then pointed to the other, "That's the other."

Nicole's eyes went wide looking at her friend she rose her eye brow.

"Who is the father?" She asked, "I mean since you and Brian are no longer together."

Audrey sighed and kissed her head.

"Brian is the father, Nicole. Even though we aren't together." Audrey told her.

Nicole nodded and leaned against Audrey's shoulder taking her hand in her own.

"Aud- ball, is that why Brian left?"

Audrey let out a soft sigh and reached over and grabbed her dairy from the bed side table, flipping through some of the pages she sighed as she handed her the diary.

"This explains it all." She told her softly.

Nicole took the diary from Audrey and read the entry, her eyes went wide from what she was read in her best friends diary. After a few minutes she wrapped her arms around Audrey not saying a word, she kissed her cheek and then pulled away.

"I love you Audrey," She told her softly, "Very much."
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you go guys!
I hope that you are enjoying the story!
I am going to be updating No More Tea Parties soon,as well as Dreams Never Come True.

Please read and subscribe to those two stories.