And She Made the Shape of My Heart With Her Hands

Excitement & Surprises

** Third Person’s Perspective**

Cara hopped up the steps oblivious to what was going to happen next.

“So, um, Garrett? Is your mom okay yet?” Jared asked quietly.

“Not exactly.” Garrett sighed and closed his eyes for a second or two.

“Should your sister even be here with your mom like this? I mean like, is it safe enough for her?” Jared questioned. Garrett shook his head slowly while shrugging.

“She should come on tour with us, Garrett. It’d be better for her and I’m sure she’d like it, too,” John suggested. “And since you two are just like this, Garrett,” he joked and crossed his held up fingers, “you also should just love it.” Everyone smiled a little.

“Yeah! Cara should so come on tour with us!” Pat energetically agreed.

“So is everyone okay with Garrett’s sister coming with us for the summer?” Jared asked the band slowly. Everyone shook their heads, Garrett’s being delayed until the last second when everyone looked at him.

John smiled and said, “Good. Then I guess Cara’s coming on tour with The Maine for the summer.” Pat grinned from ear to ear.

Kennedy finally spoke up. “Well, Garrett, you better go tell her to start packing her things and get ready to be in a van crowded with guys for a whole summer.” Everyone chuckled.

“Wait! I want to go tell her!” Pat got up off the couch and started towards the stairs.

“I’m coming too!” Jared called, getting up as well.

** Normal Point of View **

I was lounging back on my bed listening to my iPod when I was startled half to death by Pat and Jared busting down my door rather loudly. I gasped. “Oh my gosh, you two freaking scared me!” I laughed and they smiled like two idiots that knew something I didn’t.

Pat hopped up on my bed like an excited little kid. I bounced along with the mattress. “Guess what!”

I looked like I was deep in thought. “Garrett’s gay?” I looked innocently at the two while I guessed. Pat smiled and Jared laughed. I smiled, too.

“No, but you’re close,” Jared said. My faced dropped. The two laughed hysterically at my reaction. I got the gist that Jared was kidding so I smiled again.

“You’re going on tour with us!” Pat said in singsong voice.

I was frozen for a moment and then smiled from ear to ear. “Are you serious?”

Pat nodded vigorously and Jared shook his head yes as well. “Yeah, you better start packing and stuff.”

“And get ready to have the time of your life with a van full of loud guys,” Pat commented.

I chuckled. “Are you sure everyone’s okay with this? I mean, I can’t imagine Garrett agreeing with-”

“Garrett’s okay with it and so is everybody else in the band,” Jared explained.

“Well… When do we leave, boys?” I sheepishly asked them with a matching smile.

I had absolutely no idea what I was getting myself into.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sucky title. Short chapter. /:
But you know what? i'm gonna post another in a few hours or so.
So comment, yo!
[: