And She Made the Shape of My Heart With Her Hands

The Wizard of Oz & Hoes

I heard a knocking on my hotel room’s door. I called from the bathroom as I got out my small makeup bag, “It’s open!”

I heard the door click open, then feet shuffling in, and then the door click shut. I stayed in the bathroom, knowing it was most likely going to be someone from the band, and not some scary rapist.

“Cara, you better not be naked.” Oh, worse. It wasn’t a rapist, it was my brother.

Heh. I’m only kidding. I loved my brother like a fat kid loves cake. And yeah, I know that one’s overused, but I don’t really care.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. Of course I wasn’t naked! Yeah, I had just gotten out of the shower, but I had the common courteously to not run around in the nude!

“No, Garrett. I have clothes on. See?” I stuck my leg out of the bathroom, revealing my faded skinny jeans and neon green converses.

“Well that’s a relief. If we all wanted a peep show, we would’ve just gone down the street to that bar.” I rolled my eyes while putting on light cover up to just hide the few light freckles I had across my cheeks. I heard a few laughs. Obviously Garrett wasn’t alone.

“Hey Cara, pancakes or French toast?”

I pursed my lips in thought. “Um, pancakes,” I answered Pat while continuing to rim my eyes in a thin line of dark eyeliner.

“Ha! Pancakes!” I heard Pat say. I didn’t know what he was talking about, but it didn’t really matter. I started putting on shades of eye shadow on.

“Hey Cara, guess what some girl gave me down in the lobby,” Garrett called.

I could have answered that question in so many different ways, but I just decided with, “AIDS?” I heard a couple howls of laughter while I applied my dark mascara to my long eyelashes. I smiled coyly.

“No! A yo-yo, you idiot!” I snickered. “And I’m pretty damn good at it, too,” he added.

I heard a few snorts. “Yeah, he sucks at it,” Pat remarked.

“Well I’m better than you,” Garrett replied.

“Maybe, but you still suck.”

I chuckled softly while adding the finishing touch of a bit of clear but glittery lip-gloss. I took one last look in the mirror. My dark brown hair was neatly straightened and my bangs lay perfectly to the right side. I was finished.

“Alright, I’m done,” I called, while walking out of the bathroom. When I turned into the room, I saw the whole band lying across my bed or up against it on the floor. I laughed. “Tired?”

They all shrugged while staring at me. I furrow my brow in confusion and backed up a few steps to see myself in the mirror again.

There was nothing on my face and there wasn’t anything really wrong with my hair. Why were they staring? I took a glance down at my attire. Nope. Nothing wrong with that either. Hm. Weird boys.

I heard more feet moving and the door click twice again. They must have left.

I walked out of the bathroom with my view to the floor, when suddenly my head snapped up. John and Pat were still lying on my bed.

“I thought you guys left,” I stated, grabbing my Sidekick and shoving it into my back pocket. The thing barely fit, but it managed to stay put. Well, sometimes.

Pat sat up and looked at me from head to toe quickly before explaining, “They have no patience. John and I do. ‘Cause we’re cool and all.” I laughed softly and shook my head a little.

Then John sat up and did the same thing Pat did; he looked me up and down, only a little more slower. I blushed a little.

“Ready to go?” He asked me. I nodded my head yes, while I noticed Pat taking a couple pictures of himself.

I laughed out loud. “Pat, you’re such a camera whore.”

He shrugged while smiling. “Yeah, I know.”

***

We were walking down the hotel with me in the middle of John and Pat. Pat was only a little taller than me, but John, well, he was a bit taller than both of us.

Suddenly, at the same time, Pat and John linked their arms with mine.

I laughed quietly and looked up at them both. “What the hell? I feel like I’m Dorothy from the freaking Wizard of Oz.”

“Yeah. And I’m the tin man,” John exclaimed with a smile.

“I think I’d be the… the lion. Yeah. Courage and stuff like that,” Pat said with a small smile. I smiled back at the both of them.

***
We arrived in the lobby like that, some people staring a little bit. We only smiled at them or just simply ignored them completely.

“You look like a pimp, Cara,” Jared stated, studying Pat, John, and I. I chuckled softly and shook my head back and forth.

Garrett turned around and observed us. He nodded his head approvingly and then said, “Yeah, and you two make lovely hoes.”

I decided to play along. “Oh, don’t they?”

“Alright hoes, it’s time to get the stuff put away and then off to the concert,” Tim said. Everyone shook their heads in agreement.

I only smiled in excitement. I couldn’t wait to see not only my brother’s band, but other great bands, as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh. More of a sillier chapter, I suppose.
Anyway, comment if you're reading this story. [: