And She Made the Shape of My Heart With Her Hands

Awkward Moments & Ketchup Packets

A picture of a really hot guy and Camille popped up on my phone’s screen. A part of Camille’s blonde hair was wrapped around the boy’s tan fingers, his dark eyes staring into her light brown ones. They were both smiling and happy.

I smiled warmly while texting back, ‘Whoa, Camille! He’s a babe!

I didn’t bother closing my phone because only moments later she told me, ‘I know! His name is Carlos and he’s on the cruise with me. He’s also visiting relatives in Spain.’

My fingers were moving before I could even think of what to say. ‘I’m so happy for you. Really, I am. Anyway, I have to go. We’re already in Milwaukee.’

‘Later!’


I looked at the picture one more time, memorizing my best friend’s loving eyes and beautiful smile. Camille really was a pretty girl, there’s no doubt about that. The only thing I was worried about was that she didn’t get too attached to Carlos. I mean long distance relationships were just a pain in the ass.

“Hey! You coming?” Trevor’s sudden voice from the open van made my thoughts dissolve away. I nodded my head before climbing out.

Hopefully this wouldn’t be a repeat of the other day with the Paul situation.

***

“Poppy seed muffins are delicious,” John stated randomly.

I made a face of disgust. “No, they aren’t.”

He shook his head back and forth while smiling. “So naive.” I jokingly frowned a little before smiling it away. “Well, I have to go warm up. Later.” He walked away, leaving me by myself with random crew members quickly walking back and forth, carrying various items.

Suddenly I heard a familiar voice from behind me. “Hi, Cara. Long time, no see.”

I whipped around quickly, coming face to face with Paul. I smiled sort of in a fake way. “Uh, hey, Paul. What’s up?”

He shrugged his shoulders than smiled in a playful manner. “Nothing. Just wondering why I haven’t heard from you yet. I’m sort of wondering if you’re one of those girls that waits like three days before calling a boy or something.” He let out a laugh while looking at me intently, waiting for an answer.

“Uh, well, um, I don’t really know what kind of girl I am,” I said, stumbling over my words. I shrugged meekly.

“I don’t know either, but I want to know.”

I was completely frozen and I didn’t know what to do. I couldn’t just walk away, and I had no idea what to respond with. Oh my God, what the hell do I-

Then suddenly, I felt someone’s soft hand grabbing onto mine gently. I looked down and saw a tan hand wrapped around my fair one. I quickly brought my gaze up their arm and finally met that someone’s face. It was Pat.

“Come on, Cara. We’re about to start real soon,” Pat informed me while slyly and gently pulling me away from Paul’s slightly shocked, disappointed, and troubled face. I turned my head back to Paul and I half smiled at him. Then I let Pat tow me away.

Coming to an abrupt halt in our movement, I softly bumped into Pat’s chest. I looked up and smiled shyly. “Um, thanks, Pat.”

He chuckled and looked down at me with those soft chocolate brown eyes. “For what?”

I laughed. “For saving me!” I pointed out to him with a gracious smile.

He shrugged bashfully while smiling. He looked down, almost as soon as his eyes met our hands, he let go of me at once. He looked back up at me through his brown hair, smiling small and blushing big. I was most likely blushing as well.

“Hey, Pat! You better-” Jared stopped talking when he saw us standing closely with color on our cheeks. He cleared his throat and started, “Um, yeah. You better get out on stage ‘cause we’re about to go on, man.” Jared walked away, probably confused with what he just saw.

“I guess that’s your cue. See you soon,” I told him. Pat smiled at me again and then stepped around me to the opening of the stage.

Why did my stomach feel all jittery and strange?

***

“Cara? What do you want?”

We were at McDonalds for dinner. I wasn’t that hungry but I knew that as soon as I smelled the food, I probably would be. Therefore, I just got something small.

“I want a happy meal!”

“What kind of happy meal?” Tim asked me.

“Uh…”

“Get chicken nuggets!” Pat called out.

I nodded my head in agreement. “I want a chicken nugget happy meal.”

“Okay then.”

After we got all the food and settled out whose meal was whose, we sat down and ate, everyone talking at once. I had eaten all the chicken nuggets but one and most of my fries. I was stuffed.

Suddenly Garrett grabbed my last chicken nugget, apparently deciding that he was going to eat it. “Ewe, you eat these things plain, like without ketchup or anything?”

“Mhm.”

“Yuck.” He looked around the trashed table. “Kennedy, hand me that packet of ketchup,” Garrett said as he pointed to an unopened packet near Kennedy’s elbow.

Kennedy looked down and threw the packet at Garrett’s face, hitting him successfully in the cheek. He smiled triumphantly.

“Nice one,” I congratulated him. I looked over at my brother. He was struggling with getting the ketchup packet open. I rolled my eyes and held my hand out. “Want me to open it?” I offered him.

His eyes flashed up to my face as he ignored me, trying to pry the thing open with his teeth. He sighed as he gave up, handing me the packet. I wiped it with a napkin first, getting his spit off. Then gently, I tugged on the packet a few times, finally getting it open on the third try. I handed it to him silently.

“Thanks,” he muttered.

John and Kennedy snickered. I assumed it was because of the way I just basically took care of my bigbrother. Garrett glared at them.

Out of nowhere, John handed me another packet of ketchup. I looked at him a little confused before taking it. He smiled at me. I slowly peeled opened the small packet and carefully handed it back to John.

“I feel like a freaking babysitter,” I commented. They all laughed.

However, it seemed like I had two pairs of eyes on me the entire time; just silently watching and observing me. I feel it the whole time, but never looked up to see who it was.

Little did I know that there wasn’t just one someone watching me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't really have much to say except thank you to the awesome people that have commented, and please to the ones who haven't.

So yeah. Please & thank you.
[: