The True Horror Began On Friday 13th

Twenty

to Donna, who was currently pecking Gerard’s fore head over and over again, leaving a pink glossy mark each time.

“Yeah, mom I’m fine,” Gerard murmured, “Dolly’s pregnant by the way,” he added quickly. Donna pulled away from him and shook him, actually shook him. I think Mikey must have told her out in the kitchen, apart from shaking Gerard she seemed calmer than I expected.

“What were you thinking? She’s seventeen, a little girl. Steve, don’t you think Gerard was extremely irresponsible!” Donna said, Steve opened his mouth about to reply, “No, actually don’t reply. I’m in the middle of lecturing him. I can’t believe you did this to me Gerard! Two months? Two whole months and you didn’t call! Two whole months and I’ve thought you’ve been bloody dead!”

“I know! I’m sorry!”

“And look at your hair! Look how long it’s gotten! And you’re too skinny!-“

Steve suddenly patted my shoulder and nodded his head towards the lounge where Mikey was heading. I followed him through and sat down awkwardly, trying to think of some conversation starter.

“So… pregnant,” Steve clarified, “If you and Gerard need any financial help or a place to stay, I have a nice flat on the edge, next to Clifton. Two bedrooms. I’d be happy to let you stay there budget free,” Steve offered, also offering me and Mikey a chocolate form an expensive box of French liquors.

“Oh, thanks. That’s really nice of you. I think Gerard and me were talking about changing his spare room into a baby room,” I smiled, “But thankyou.”

Donna and Gerard came in, Gerard looking shiftily at the floor as Donna sat down daintily on the sofa. Gerard went and sat down next to me, shoving me up a little so I could perch on his lap. Mikey scratched the back of his neck and swallowed, waiting for someone to start saying something.

“Well, Ren, let me look at you,” Donna smiled. I stood up and smoothed down my shirt, smiling awkwardly. Luckily Gerard got up and stood behind me, resting his chin on the top of my head and clasping his hands round my stomach, “You’re a very pretty girl.”

“Thank you,” I said, blushing a little.

“We were talking about boy names the other day. We both want something with ‘Y’ on the end. You know like, Mike-y, Rick-y, Johnn-y, Robb-ie-“

“I like Robbie,” Mikey piped in.

“Well, I think that’s a nice idea,” Donna smiled, “I was surprised when Gerard said two months. Big baby,” she chuckled, “They say it’ll be a boy if it’s bigger,” she clarified.

“I want a little boy,” Gerard muttered in my ear. I smiled, “Mom, can I have a sandwich?” Gerard asked, Donna nodded her head towards the kitchen, “Can’t ou make it for me?” he asked innocently, “I can’t make them very well,” he added quickly. Donna sighed but gave in, saying she’d fix us all lunch.

“I think I’ll go help her Gee,” I told him quickly, taking his hands from around my waist, “Talk to Steve for a bit, I’ll go smooth things over properly with your mum,” I told him, quickly pecking his on cheek before joining Donna in the kitchen.

It was pretty big, an island in the middle with dark wood and light walls. Quite modern really, apart from all the old fashioned china and ornaments.

“Would you like any help?” I asked as Donna stated avidly buttering slices of bread.

“If you don’t mind dear, the men boring you back there?” she chuckled, beginning to chop cucumber up in a quick fashion, I was surprised she didn’t cut herself.
“Oh no, not really. Just thought you might’ve wanted some help. I’m sure Gerard could make his own sandwich, he just chooses not too,” I chuckled, picking off cress away from the stalks for her. Donna smiled and we continued to make things in silence, luckily it wasn’t too awkward because Gerard kept pushing his head round the door to ask if it was ready yet.

“Gerard just go and lay the table!” Donna ordered, passing him five cups which he took, grumbling about slave labour, “I really don’t know how you two are going to cope,” Donna chuckled shrilly, “What have your parents said about the situation?”

“Uhm,” I cleared my throat, “I haven’t really told them yet,” I swallowed, having a feeling onna was not to be happy. Donna’s face tightened and she stopped washing a chopping board, “I don’t really know how to, my friend Ricky said he’d go for father if they ask, as not to get Gee into trouble,” I replied nervously.

“Alright…” Donna started, “Would you excuse me for a second,” she stated, leaving the room and walking up stairs. Gerard poked him head round again, changing his attitude when he saw what had happened.

“Hey!” he exclaimed soothingly, “Don’t cry, she’s just worried is all,” Gerard cooed, stoking the back of my hair, “Steve!” Gerard called. Steve wandered in with Mikey, receiving instructions to go and sort his mum out. Gerard left too, to go and talk to her, leaving me and Mikey in the kitchen.

Mikey leant over and ripped of some kitchen roll, handing it too me shiftily. I scrunched it up and wiped my eyes quickly, feeling stupid for making such a big thing out of it.

“I feel stupid now,” I muttered, more tears spilling over the bridge of my eye. Mikey sighed and hugged me comfortingly, patting my back reassuringly, “I’ve fucked this up,” I snivelled, sounding muffled from the confine of my hands and his shirt, “My parent’s will be so angry when they find out. Why didn’t I just tell them from the start?” I cried, pulling away and wiping at my eyes again.

“Come on, it’ll work out. Everything will be fine. You can always stay at mine for a night so they can get used to the idea,” I murmured as Gerard scooted breathlessly back into the room.

“Mom’s kinda,” Gerard waved his hand above his head, “Crazy right now, so I’d leave her. She’s not taking it in very well,” Gerard sighed, nibbling his lip, “I think we should go in other words,” he finished, clicking his tongue. Mikey nodded and gave my back one last pat before heading towards hi jacket.

“You guys go, I’ll stay here,” Mikey sighed; Gerard nodded and hugged Mikey quickly.

Gerard and I got back into the car, I could help crying horribly then. I felt so guilty for some reason. I had successfully managed to fuck up the whole of his family in the short space of five minutes. I hitched my legs up and bent my knees, pressing my forehead into the dent whilst scrubbing at my eyes with the back of my hand. Gerard pulled up outside his house and scooped my tangled hair behind my ear.

“She’ll get over it,” Gerard murmured, “Come here,” Gerard sighed, leaning over the gears sticks and hugging me into his chest, ending up plucking me up and landing me on his lap, “Please, don’t cry, I hate it,” Gerard sighed, rubbing his hand up and down my neck.

“I just think I should tell them now, before it gets too far,” I muttered, “And I mean tell them everything. Tell them that it’s yours-“

“What if they call the cops? I can’t have cops on my ass Doll,” Gerard intervened quickly.

“Then… then Steve was talking about this hose he has, up by Clifton. We could stay there for a little while? Maybe they won’t even call anyone. I can’t keep hiding it forever though! They’re gonna find out, I have to have my first ultra sound soon. They’ll find out through my doctor then,” I told him, pushing my nose into his neck.

“That’s true. It’s best hearing it from the horses mouth I suppose,” Gerard sighed, “We should do it now, right now. Just go in there and tell ‘um,” Gerard said, sounding a little more confident, “I’ll be right there, everything will be fine.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I gave you guys a retardedly long update yesterday ^^ Comments please.