The True Horror Began On Friday 13th

Twenty Two

I dipped my foot into the bath, testing to see if it was too hot or cold. Gerard kissed my shoulder whilst struggling out of his trousers in the most un elegant way, his elbow whacking into the wall. I chuckled, rubbing my sore eyes tiredly.

“You’re mom will be fine soon, you’ll see,” Gerard sighed, plopping himself into Mikey’s bath first. I followed in suit, laying my head down on his chest, “God, my mom and your dad make a pair don’t they?” he chuckled, “Talking of my mom she rang Mikey apparently. She’s getting over everything and she said you were a very mature young lady for telling your parents,” he sighed.

“Mm… good,” I murmured, tracing the purple bruises on his thigh, “I can’t believe he kicked you,” I muttered.

“I think he was going for the nuts,” Gerard chuckled, trying to make light of the situation. I sighed again, feeling Gerard trying to wash his hair whilst patting my back.

“Gee, it’s not going to work,” I told him, too drowsy to explain why.

“It will,” he muttered, “My hairs getting to long to wash now, I can’t reach it,” he grunted, dropping the conditioner with a plop into the bath water, “Oh shit, I used conditioner first. I never use conditioner. Why the hell does Mikey have conditioner?” he muttered, sinking down to try and wash it off.

“Get up, turn around, I’ll do it for you,” I yawned, picking up a random coffee mug from the side and washing it out.

“I haven’t had my hair washed for me since I was about five,” he murmured. I chuckled and kneeled behind him, rubbing proper shampoo into his scalp to get rid of anything else in his hair, “I feel weird with you washing my hair. It’s kinda making me wanna have sex… but maybe I don’t?”

That cracked me up, I had to apologise though. He got all snotty, like when you laugh at a cat. They end up peeing on you or something, I wouldn’t put it past Gerard to pee in the bath if he got annoyed with me.

“Gerard, are you still ignoring me?” I asked, a grin set on my face as I poured more water onto his head. When he didn’t answer again I rolled my eyes and leant my cheek on his back. I closed my eyes, strangely comfy.

“Gerard, where are you?” Mikey suddenly yelled, pulling me out of my sleep.

“In the bath!” Gerard yelled back, moving around a little so he was leaning back and I could sleep properly on his chest.

“Where’s Ren? I thought she was having a bath?”

“Use your brain idiot!” he yelled back, closing his eyes again and wrapping his arms around my back. I drew my hand round my stomach, prodding it a little. I didn’t really understand how woman started to get so teary over the whole baby joy ride, “Stop poking the kid,” Gerard yawned, “It’ll just get you back when it grows arms,” Gerard snorted.

“It’ll also get me back with the hours of painful labour,” I muttered, pressing my finger tips into his lower back absentmindedly.

“Will you stop poking me! You’ve got like a poke fetish today!” Gerard said, sinking down in the water whilst grabbing my hands. There was suddenly a knock at the bathroom door and Gerard scowled, “What?”

“Mom said she wants to go to dinner tonight. All posh like, suits and shit,” Mikey called, “So hurry up ‘cus I need a shower before we go.”

Gerard for some reason was extremely fussy with what he wanted to wear. He took ages. I didn’t have any dresses suitable for ‘posh’ dinners so I settled for a grey summer dress I had when I was about fifteen. There was some kind of bow just across my ribs so it didn’t make me look too pregnant.

“Gerard hurry up,” Mikey said, pushing his head round his bedroom door, “We got half hour tops and you know mom’ll shit if we’re late,” he added as Gerard pulled his jeans up quickly, frowning at the rip that ran across both knees, “Do you have a clean shirt here?”

“No, but I don’t care,” Gerard sighed, pulling on a white shirt from his suitcase that was abandoned in the corner.

“Gerard, you can’t wear that, it reeks. And that bloody jacket needs a wash. You smell like a homeless person,” Mikey said, collecting up Gerard’s discarded clothes from around the room.

“So?” Gerard retaliated, tightening his tie around his neck, “You smell like girl,” He muttered, sniffing his arm cautiously, “Doll -do I smell bad?” he asked. I was felt worked up about having to face Donna again. I was sick of having to face parents with things. Gerard leant his forehead against the back of my own head, “She’ll be fine,” he said, “She’s over it, okay? Now stop goddamn worrying.”

I sighed out shakily and nodded. I tried to calm down, I really did, not for my sake but I could tell Gerard would probably snap at me if I continued to stay worried.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've decided that if I get good response after I've finished this whole story up, I'll do another shorter sequel thing after this, about how everything properly turns out.
Also if you comment can you add whether you'd prefer a sad or happy ending? I can't decided and seeing as you're reading this then it makes sense to ask.
(If it is a sad ending, it won't be your usual 'everyone dies' saga, it'll be kinda like the ending on X-men three, with Magneto. Obviously without super powers though.)