The True Horror Began On Friday 13th

Thirty Four

“I can’t!” I wailed, tears pouring down my face. Mikey squeezed my hand, brushing some of the hair from my face, “Mikey tell them I can’t!” I begged, my chest repulsing at the thought of having to stay up another hour, “I want Gerard –why isn’t he here yet?” I sobbed, suddenly wailing as another wave of pain hit me.

“Darling, come on, few more pushes,” Donna coaxed, stroking the top of my hand.

“Everyone keeps saying that!” I cried, “Where’s Gee?” I sobbed into Mikey who was leaning over me to grab another tea towel.

“He’s in his own hospital room sweetie,” Donna smiled, as I heaved again, “After they’ve pumped all those drugs out of him he can come and see you-“ I suddenly cut in by yelling.

“Owh!” I sobbed, my toes curling into the white sheet, I took three hefty breaths before yelling out again.

“Come on darling, one more push,” the midwife said as I cried.

“What do you think I’m doing! I keep doing one more push!” I sobbed, fisting Mikey’s shirt in my hand and pushing anything I had, “It’s never gonna come out!” I howled.

“Oh god Gerard what are you doing here?” Donna suddenly said, I turned my head away from Mikey, shouting with delight when I saw Gerard hovering in the doorway. He looked terrible, his eyes barely open and he was wearing one of those white hospital gowns.

“Gerard!” I cried, meaning it positively but it came out in some long strangled wail.

He shuffled over and Donna smiled, moving of her seat so he could sit down. I grasped his hand and pulled him up, pushing my face into his chest. I braced myself, squeezing his hand as hard as I could. Gerard perched on the edge of the bed, wrapping his arm around my shoulders whilst murmuring in my ear and kissing my cheek occasionally.

Suddenly there it was.

And, in the arms of the Midwife was a purple, wriggling creature, much like the ones you see on television

It was weird, really weird. You see those mum's crying on television, I didn't feeling like crying because of the 'beautiful situation'. I was just stunned that he was out, just there. I didn't know how to explain it, it just baffled me that my baby was just that purple wriggling thing.

My knees instantly buckled together and I started sobbing again, pushing my head back into the pillow out of sheer release. Gerard grinned weakly, wrapping both his arms round my neck and kissing my temple.

“Here you go sweetie, you have a son,” the midwife smiled widely, passing a white bundle of baby to me. I pulled the blanket back a little, a small watery chuckle emitting from Gerard.

“You did it Dolly, look!” he grinned, putting his arm around mine, “Mom look!”

“Have you thought of a name yet?” the midwife, Shelly, asked.

“Charlie,” I nodded, “We wanna call him Charlie,” I said, chuckling weakly as I gave the blanket a small squeeze before handing him over to Gerard. Gerard locked his arm around my shoulder and grinned proudly, his jaw beginning to tremble conceitedly.

“I-I have a baby,” he said, biting his bottom lip into his mouth. I rested my head on his chest, letting Shelly clean his face up a little.

“Why don’t I take Charlie to be properly cleaned, yeah? Or will your husband not let go of him?” Shelly chuckled, prying the baby out form Gerard’s arms. He looked a little disgruntled but was to tried to kick up a fuss.

I took the chance to lean over and wrap my arms round Mikey’s neck properly, mumbling a genuine thankyou into his neck. He rubbed my side a few time before giving me a dutiful pat on the back. I gave him a small peck on the cheek, squeezing his neck one last time. I pushed myself back onto the pillow, smiling into the confines of Gerard's hospital gown. I kissed his stomach, breathing out shakily as one of the nurses cleaned the bottom of the bed properly, saying that there was a bath being run so I could get cleaned up properly.

I looked up, running my hand up Gerard’s chest once before noticing Gerard was staring guiltily down. Mikey was glaring at him harshly.

“Mikey come on honey, lets leave them alone for a minute,” Donna said. Mikey lifted himself begrudgingly walking around the side of the bed before nearly down in front of me so we were out eye level.

“If he does anything, anything, I’ll be down the hall,” he whispered, kissing my cheek again.

The nurse pulled the thin blue woollen blanket over me and Gerard, passing me a few wet wipes. Gerard took them from her and helped me clean myself up, kissing my face when ever he could.

“When the baby comes back, I want Mikey as well,” I said, feeling Gerard tense underneath me, “He’s done so much for both of us,” I said, smiling weakly when Mikey walked in on cue, “I was just saying that you’ve done so much for us –and I just wanted to say thanks,” I said, holding out my hand for Mikey to take.

“It’s fine,” Mikey reassured, squeezing my hand lightly, “I’ll do anything for you guys, you know I will,” he smiled, sitting down on the edge of the bed, “On that note, -Gerard you gonna say yet?”

“Hm?” Gerard asked, from up above me. Mikey looked up, his bottom lip twitching slightly.

“Nothing.” Mikey replied, shrugging.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so, I'm gonna take this up to forty chapters.
If I get good response, not just from my usual resders (Although they're are hell the best) Then I'll be putting up a sequel.
I know this story hasn't got up to ten stars but eh, I've got some really thoughtful comments throughout which is nice ^^.
I do have a sequel planned and Gerard is just whack, like really bad. he just goes beyond. It's pretty cool though ^.^