The True Horror Began On Friday 13th

Thirty Five

I was still at the hospital, wishing I could get Charlie and go home but Gerard had to stay in for a night to check he was okay seeing as he had been wobbling all over the place.

I pulled the sponge up my leg, wigglign my damp shoulders a little to try and un-tie the knots in them. I was meant to be having a bath although it was the most uncomfortable bath I had ever been in. It was really white as well, not a speck of colour anywhere apart from the towels.

“Hey –can I come in?” Mikey asked through the door whilst knocking, “I’ve got Charlie.”

“Sure,” I murmured, pulling my knees up to my chest when he came in.

“They’ve cleaned him up properly now, he’s got loads of hair for a baby,” Mikey chuckled, kneeling down in front of the bath so I could see him properly. He was right, Charlie did have tufts of dark brown hair all over the place, “How’re you doing?”

“Sore,” I chuckled “And tired.”

“Well you were in there for a good thirteen hours,” he smiled, “Before hand Gerard gave those nurses a right scare with that backless nightdress. He was walking around trying to find you,” he grinned, letting Charlie clasp onto one of his fingers.

“Oh god,” I chuckled, scratching my head a little, “I thought they pumped everything out of him?”

“Well they did, but to get everything out they had to shove a tube up his you-know-where to get to his stomach. Then he started complaining about how he should have something to relieve the pain, so they shot him with a small bit of morphine -much to his delight,” Mikey explained, “The nurse said you can give Charlie a bath if you want? I can go-“

“Mikey, it’s fine. I think you’ve seen me enough weird situations by now,” I chuckled, retrieving Charlie from his blanket and settling him down on my thighs so he was jus a little bit under the water, “When do you think he’ll open his eyes?”

“Well, Gerard tried earlier, but Charlie just fell asleep on him, the nurse said he’d probably do it when he’s out of the hospital, away form the bright lights and things,” Mikey nodded, looking up when the door fell open and Gerard poked his head round shiftily, mumbling something along the lines of 'you guys can go'.

I swallowed unable to keep a straight eye line with Gerard. I wanted to be happy, I really did but he just kept grabbing all the attention. I stared at Charlie instead, watching him squint around at his new surroundings. He sorta looked like me, not much though. I think he had my eyes and a bit of my nose, he was very Gerard-y though.

“Maybe we should scoot off now, leave Gee to rest for a bit,” Mikey said, looking from Gerard back to me, to Gerard again. I nodded hating that bewildered expression seemingly stuck on Gerard’s face.

“Like –on my own?” Gerard asked his eyebrows knotting together and his eyes filling with tears.

“You’ll be fine, it’s a hospital, they’ll take care of you,” Mikey reminded him, helping me out of the bath whilst holding Charlie. Gerard nodded, his feet slowly becoming in turned from fear.

I once again felt horrible. Along with the fact I felt like pure evil when we had to leave. Gerard just curled into a ball, his feet crossed anxiously.

“Gee, I’ll see you tomorrow okay?” I murmured, kissing his lips quickly. He nodded sullenly and let a small tear trickle out from underneath his eyelid, “You going to say good bye to Charlie?” I asked, he shook his head more tears spilling out, “Okay, I love you,” I said, kissing him again before turning around, allowing Mikey to hook his arm round my back.

I started crying as soon as I heard Gerard roll over and sob into his pillow
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please, I kinda feel sorry for Gerard.