The True Horror Began On Friday 13th

Thirty Eight

I rubbed my eyes tiredly, practically falling asleep on the dining room table as Gerard sat back in his own chair, flipping through letters like they were nothing. It was a damp Sunday morning, Charlie had been up most the night and was now sleeping soundlessly in bed, leaving me and Gerard alone for a change

“Bills, taxes, Bills, Mortgage, more goddamn bills,” he muttered, chucking each letter back on the table, “Fucking hell, work is a fucking pain in the ass –I can’t pay all these,” he muttered, taking a gulp of coffee whilst opening one of them up.

“It’ll be fine, don’t worry so much,” I said cautiously, swallowing my own mouthful of tea.

“I can’t not worry Doll…” he trailed off, his lips pursing. His eyes flickered over the paper and he gnawed on his thumb, “Listen Doll, I gotta go pick a package up from the post office –I’ll be back later,” he said, folding his letter up and shoving it in his back pocket, “Be a sweetheart and entertain my brother today,” he asked, swallowing the rest of his coffee.

“How long are you going to be out for? Should I invite him round here now? –why-?” he cut me off by pressing his lips to mine quickly, swallowing my words.

“Just get him round here,” Gerard began, kissing me again, “Keep you company for the day,” he said, punctuating it with another kiss.

I scowled at his weird acting, only to receive yet another wet kiss.

“I thought we were gonna spend the day together though-“ Another kiss.

“Yeah later, I’ll be about three hours, I’ll come back,” Another kiss, “And we can finish where we left off from now before I go to work, yeah?” he grinned, squeezing my hip, “Mikey can just keep you warm for me,” he murmured, pressing his nose to mine for a second before leaving the room.

I sighed and leant my head back on the table, flicking toast crumbs from my place to his.

“Bye!” Gerard yelled from the door, “Ring Mikey why don’t you?” he added, the door clicking shut quietly.

“Bye,” I muttered, stretching upwards before reaching for the phone. I dialled Mikey’s number and leant back in my seat, tucking my hair back behind my ears. After a few rings, Mikey answered.

“Hello?” Mikey asked, the obvious sound of him being out of breath filling the phone

“Hey Mikey, it’s me, It’s Ren,” I said, switching the phone to my other ear.

“Oh hey! I’ve just come back from the gym,” he chuckled.

“This early? I haven’t even got dressed yet,” I said, yawning a little before crossing my legs, “Do you wanna meet up? Gerard’s gone out for the day? He said I should give you call,” I murmured, getting up and walking complacently into the lounge.

“Sure! I’ll come to yours -yeah? When’d you want me there?” he asked.

“Whenever,” I shrugged.

He came by fifteen minutes later, his car parked neatly in the space across the street. I left the door on the latch whilst I went to check on Charlie. He was dead to the world, only snoring lightly and twitching his foot occasionally.

“Ren, where are you?” I heard Mikey call from the bottom of the stairs. I quickly tip toed out of Charlie’s room and closed his bedroom door, “Hey, I let myself in –the doors on latch,” he said, smiling, “I see you’ve ceased to get dressed then?” he grinned, indicating to my worn out snoopy night shirt.

“It’s too early to be getting dressed,” I said, edging past him and walking downstairs.

“It’s quarter to twelve,” Mikey said, cocking his eyebrow whilst settling down his messenger bag, “I brought Dawn of the Dead with me. I know you must have seen that movie a zillion times by now, but, it’s a pretty good time passer,” he shrugged, slotting it into Gerard’s DVD player, “Sheesh, this thing is fucking old,” Mikey muttered, banging his first down on the top of it for a few seconds.

I sat up and propped my legs up, balancing my chin in the crook between my knees. Mikey settled himself down on the old armchair in the corner, moving all of Gerard’s old sketches out of the way so he could sit down.

“I’m contagious now?” I asked, only kidding but Mikey looked like he’s insulted me dreadfully.

“No, god no! I just thought that maybe-“

“-Mikey I’m kidding, you can sit over there if you like, I’m not going to deeply offended or anything,” I chuckled, watching as he awkwardly nibbled on his lip, drawn between both seats. I couldn’t help but laughing at his lost sheep look, “Mikey just sit down,” I laughed, hooking my foot around his knee so he fell forward towards the sofa, “I’m not gonna eat you.”

“Mm… I wouldn’t be so sure of that,” he said, pulling his own legs up and tucking them underneath him, he looked embarrassed for a second, “Sorry, that sounded totally perverted-“

“-Mikey shut up, I know what you meant –what’s with you today?” I chuckled, leaning my head on his shoulder.

Mikey was like a block of iron for half an hour, he hardly breathed throughout the film. He twitched and let out long shaky breaths, but I could tell he wasn’t comfortable. Eventually, luckily, he relaxed against my cheek, his shoulder slumping a little.

“So where’s Gerard gone?” Mikey asked.

“Uhm,” I chuckled, “I’m not sure actually. He said he was going to pick up a package, you know how he is,” I replied.

“Yeah, I guess… what time do you think he’ll be back?”

“I’m not sure… I just… he rang me last night,” Mikey began, “He said he heard me apologising for… for what happened in the kitchen-“ I interrupted by shooting up and staring at him, “That’s all he said… Ren don’t look so shocked-“

“Mikey! You know what he’s like! He’ll act all okay like he understands and then he’ll take it out on one of us –I knew he was up to something this morning-“ I began, chewing savagely on my bottom.

“Ren, just calm down, he’s fine with it. He was totally cool,” Mikey said shaking his head, “Seriously, he’s fine, he said he’s okay with it, he doesn’t mind,” Mikey probed, “Honest.”

“Oh come on? When has he ever been okay with anything? Let alone me kissing you-“ Mikey cut in again.

“I kissed you!” he said urgently, his eyes widening. I pushed my chin back into my knees, scowling down at my feet aggressively, “Okay, I kissed you, you pulled back, who cares? Gerard doesn’t so lets just leave it,” he nodded, “Come ‘ere, don’t worry about it –okay?” he soothed, enveloping me in a hug against his chest, “He said was over it...” Mikey nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two more chapters left of this one.
The last chapter pretty sick, I don't know where I get my ideas from honestly, but hey, whatever.
I think I might take a break before I continued with the sequel, sequel. But then again I always say that and doesn't last too long, but I might wait until I gets a couple more starss, cus it bugs me out that people read and then stay quiet.