Roof-Top Romance

YOU'RE NOT FAT, YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL!

Elena got up and quietly walked to the other side of the bus where the guys were. She jumped because she saw Ray asleep on the couch. She thought everyone was downstairs but Ray crashed out on the couch. She walked slowly so that she wouldn’t make any loud sounds to wake anyone up. But someone’s shoes were in the middle of the floor and Elena tripped. She fell face first and landed almost a foot away from Frank’s face. She stared at him for a moment. She was afraid to move because her left shoulder was hurting really bad and she didn’t want to wake him or anyone else.
She slowly got to her knees. Her shoulder cracked but she was okay. She just hit it wrong. Everyone was still asleep. She slowly left them and walked back to Gerard. She looked back as she was walking. She felt her face getting hot again. She sat back down next to Gerard.
“Everyone’s out,” She told him.
“Okay and Dayton is 25 miles away. Does that help?” He asked her.
“Yeah. We are basically in Dayton now.”
“Well cool. We’re almost there then.”
“Yep. You get to see what my city is all about. Wait, you’ve been here before!”
“Well yeah, you wouldn’t be here if I’d never been to your town.”
“Wow, I feel stupid.”
Gerard laughed. “It’s okay, it happens.”
“I have no idea what was going through my head. I felt like you have never been around here.”
“Well I don’t know my way very well. But I have been out here.”
“Well okay. And by the way, you have to take this ramp over here,” She told him and pointed just ahead of them.
They went around the curve and were heading north.
“We are so close, this is so cool!” She exclaimed.
“Do you want to call your mom and tell her you’ll be home soon?” He asked.
“Nah, its only 2:45. I’m sure she’s awake. Besides, it’s Friday. She’s probably drinking beer with Bob and kickin’ it out back. Maybe Shelia is there.”
“Who is Shelia?” He asked.
“Shelia is one of her best friends.”
“Well that’s cool. Do you want to wake the guys up?”
“Nah, I’ll wake them up as soon as we pull up to my house,” She told him.
“Okay then.”
“See those lights over there? That is my area. If you look really good, you can see a McDonald’s and an Arby’s sign.”
“I see the McDonalds, but no Arby’s.”
“Both of those are so close to my house. We have 2 hotels, DP&L, Bob Evans, Arby’s, and McDonalds close enough to walk to. Then across the street are some other big places. It’s so awesome,” She told him.
“Do you go out a lot?”
“Look at the fat. There’s your answer.”
“You’re not fat! I have seen some fat people. You are beautiful.”
“Thanks, but I feel fat.”
“Well, you shouldn’t. Feel good about yourself. You are fine, trust me. You have nothing to worry about.”
“Whatever you say and my exit is the next one on the right,” She told him.
“Okay,” He said and he merged his way into the far right lane and got off on exit 36.
There was a small ramp and a red light.
“Go left toward the gas station,” She told him.
“Well speaking of, I’m gonna stop for some,” He said.
“Okay, well I’ll wake them up while you’re doing that.”
“Sounds good.”
“Well no wait, you should watch! I’m going to mess with them.”
“Nah, it’s cool. Go have fun.”
They left each other shortly after. Gerard went to pump gas and Elena went to go wake up the guys.