Status: Completed

Bottom of the Blackest Hole

Butt Ugly

Image
Thank you (:

“Hurry up!” Josh’s voice rang from outside the door.

I bit my lip in concentration as I zip the suitcase with a huff. Then I hurriedly carried it with much work over to Josh.

“Done!” I gasped out, heaving in and out. Josh stared blankly as I was bent over on my knee trying to catch my breath.

“You are such a girl,” he stated before grabbing my suitcase himself and strolling out of the hotel room. I snatched my tote bag on the floor and ran to catch up with him. I slipped through the elevator just as it was about to close.

I followed him quietly through the throngs of people at the busy airport, apologizing as I pushed past them. When we checked in our belongings and the people took them, he grabbed me by the arm and zig zagged our way to the gate.

We sat down right on a bench right in front of the entrance and waited until our flight would arrive. I sat in boredom as Josh took out his iPod and listened to his music. He didn’t even asked me if I wanted to listen. Such gentlemen.

Right across the room, I noticed, was a five year old boy sitting by himself, bawling his eyes out. I glanced around lazily to see if his parents would notice. Thing is, I couldn’t see any other adults around him. I turned to see if Josh noticed this but he was bobbing his head and drumming his fingers against his thigh as music blasted through his ears. He stared at nothing in particular.

I kept staring at the little boy and my eyes would occasionally wonder around to see if I could find his parents or someone. Nobody noticed him at all. Finally, after five minutes of pointless actions, I got up abruptly off my seat, startling Josh, and briskly walked across the room. I stopped right in front of him and kneeled down.

“What’s your name?” I asked softly, as to not scare him. The boy sniffed then looked at my face.

“Bobby,” he said in a small voice then hiccupped. I smiled. He was just so adorable.

“Well, Bobby. I’m Bailey.” He looked up at me with his red rimmed eyes.

“Where’re your parents, Bobby?” He rubbed his eyes furiously as his eyes began to pour.

“I don’t know,” he sniff then looked hopefully up at me, “Will you help me find my mommy?” he looked at me with the bluest, widest eyes I had ever seen. I resisted the urge to coo and pinch his baby cheeks.

“Of course I will,” I replied. I furrowed my eyebrows and asked a security guard. “Excuse me but have you seen anybody with him earlier?”

The security guard shook his head then walked away. “Gee, thanks for the help,” I muttered just as I saw Josh walking over.

Bobby had stopped crying and now he was staring around the airport curiously. His eyes landed on McDonalds as he saw someone ordering a cone. I pursed my lips.

“Bobby,” I said slowly to get his attention, “this is Josh.” I pointed toward the older male as he sat next to the young one. Josh smiled at him; Bobby did too, revealing two front teeth that were missing.

“I’ll be right back,” I whispered to Josh. I skidded towards the McDonalds, “Hi, can I get a cone, please?” As I waited, my eyes looked around the place to see if anyone looked similar to Bobby.

“Miss, here you go.”

“Thank you,” I said with a grin. I held the cone and turned around the corner to see Josh and Bobby in deep conversation. Bobby was making hand motions and giggling here and there. They looked so cute. I wonder… I shook my head and continued making my way towards them.

When the boy saw what I was holding he gave me a huge smile. “Is that for me?” he asked excitedly.

“Sure is,” I handed it to him happily. I saw Josh’s lips quirked up.

“What? None for me?” he asked. I rolled my eyes. I sat next to them as they talked more. Bobby’s mom had to be here somewhere. She’d have to come for him around here, right?

“Oh my goodness! Is this your son? He looks adorable!” a middle aged woman exclaimed.

“Uh, actually he’s not ours.” I said.

“Oh,” she mumbled then walked away. I turned to look at Josh and Bobby. Josh was ruffling Bobby’s dark brown hair and smiling. He seems to be good with kids. He must’ve noticed me staring because his eyes flitted to look at mine. I quickly averted my gaze to stare at Bobby’s back instead.

“Bobby? Bobby, is that you, baby?” a woman that was the exact replica as him cried. His eye’s brightened at the image of his mom.

“Mommy!” he got up and hugged her on the leg.

“You took him away didn’t you?!” she pointed an accusing finger at me. My eyes widened in horror.

“What? No! I was just-” she didn’t let me finish before glaring at me and walking away. Bobby waved his small hands at me in a good bye gesture. I weakly waved back.

“Sweet kid, huh?” Josh asked, “Bitchy mom though,” he finished in amusement.

“Flight to New York City is now arriving,” the intercom announced.

“C’mon,” Josh took my hand and guided me to the gate.

--

“Josh?” I asked when we were seated in a comfortable way.

“Hm?”

“What do you think our kid will look like?”

Josh opened his eyes slowly. They stared at my stomach, which was starting to get noticeable, by the way.

He shrugged, “I don’t really care if it’s butt ugly. I’ll still love it. But I do hope this baby has your eyes.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This took me four hours to write o.O
I knew what's going to happen, I just couldn't quite...write it.
Anyway...midterms are over so hoorah. Haha.
Oh! And please (infinity) comment. I haven't had many of those.
:P