Status: Completed

Bottom of the Blackest Hole

We're Getting Married

“I-I…,” I stuttered as Josh paced around in front of me.

“Are you stalking me?” he hissed out.

“I work here!” I yelled, feeling confident suddenly.

“Yeah, I’m sure you do,” he muttered sarcastically.

“I do!” I confirmed him.

“I didn’t say you didn’t!” he shot back.

I groaned in frustration. “You know what? I don’t have to deal with this. My boss is going to be mad if I’m not out there.” I walked to the door knob only for my hand to be knocked away.

“God damn it. Why the hell can’t you leave me alone?!” he yelled.

“I’m not doing anything!” I tried to get out again, but he blocked me, “Get out of my way!”

“No,” he said stubbornly. I tried pushing past him but he was too strong. I glared at him, him doing the same.

Suddenly, I felt my breath hitching up. My throat tightened and I could almost feel my lunch coming up from my stomach. Ew.

I covered my mouth suddenly with my hand, breaking eye contact. I started turning away to run to the sink but Josh wouldn’t let me.

“Where do you think you’re going?” he said harshly. I didn’t say anything. I was too afraid that if I did, my lunch will be all over him, not that I minded.

One of his hands was balled into a fist around my shirt, causing it to wrinkle. I tried calming my breathing; maybe I could stop myself from vomiting?

My hands tightened themselves around my mouth just when I tasted a repulsive, nasty taste coming out of my mouth. I dropped my hand and I could see the same things I saw for a couple of days coming out of me and flying to the floor.

“What the-” I caught him off my running towards the sink. He had such a firm hold on my shirt so that when I snatched myself away, my buttons flew open. I didn’t care at that point.

I started retching on the sink feeling so sick. When I was done, I felt myself slipping down slowly and sitting on the floor. I was breathing heavily and my head felt a little woozy.

I slowly got up, completely forgetting about the other person in the room, got a glass of water, filled it up, and drank.

I let out a long sigh, my eyes glanced at my shirt and I felt my cheeks reddening. I quickly pulled it together and fold my arms to hold the shirt closed.

Just then, I heard several poundings on the door.

“Bailey! Are you in there?” it was Jonathon.

I looked at Josh and saw him looking at me with a blank stare, “Yeah, I’m here.”

“You okay?” he was still banging, “Why won’t you open the door? Why’d you lock it?”

I walked across the room to the door and opened the door. Lights blinded me and several people were talking at once.

I felt someone tugging me from behind, Josh. He pulled me so that I was behind him. I peeked in front and saw that these were the press. They were taking pictures of Josh and I. This was not good.

All the other guests were looking interestedly at our situation. I could see the Anderson family farthest from here; they were all staring at Josh.

“What is the meaning of this?”
“So it’s true about what happened a couple of nights ago?”
“Why are you two in there together?”
“Are you really pregnant, Miss?”

I hid my face behind Josh, not knowing what to do. All the flash were burning my eyes, I pressed my forehead to his back, squeezing my eyes shut. I noticed that my hands were clutched on his dress jacket tightly.

I want to go home. I want to go home. I thought weakly at myself. I want to go back to the old apartment.

Where was Courtney when I needed her? She’d probably attack all these reporters for me.

I heard Josh trying to calm them down so they would listen.

“You don’t understand. We’ve been seeing each other for a while now, secretly. I guess the secrets out, we’re getting married,” he lied smoothly. I opened my eyes in horror. What does he think he’s doing?