Status: Completed

Bottom of the Blackest Hole

Chemistry

I clutched on his jacket tighter, warning him. If he noticed, he didn’t seem to care. More questions erupted but I saw Jonathon and Karen trying to get them out.

Once they achieved that, everybody in the store turned to us. Well to Josh, technically, since I was hiding behind him.

“You can come out now,” I heard him muttered. I cleared my throat and let go off him, holding my head high, I came from behind him.

I didn’t look at anybody else in the room and ignored everyone’s stare on my shirt; I closed the employee’s kitchen door and turned to looked at Josh darkly.

“We’re getting married?!?” I mocked him.

“What else was I suppose to say?” he asked, aggravated.

“How about, oh, I don’t know…the truth?!”

“Oh yeah, my family will love that,” he muttered sarcastically, “I’ll just say ‘I locked her in here with me so we could have a nice talk.’”

“It wasn’t even a nice talk!”

“Whatever. You should just be happy. You know how many girls would just die to be in the same position you’re in right now?”

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah and I’m about to die just by being in the same room as you,” I muttered darkly.

He narrowed his eyes. “What is your problem?”

“M-my problem? My problem? I’m not the one who took you here in the first place!”

“We can’t back down on our words now.”

“Your words,” I corrected, “And why the hell not?”

“I have a reputation you know. Besides, the whole city knows you’re pregnant. And apparently, it’s ‘mine’.” He used air quotes.

“Ugh! It is yours!”

“I never said it wasn’t.” he returned in a mocking calm voice.

“Oh my gosh. You are so…ugh!” I stomped my foot on the floor.

He took off his jacket and threw it to me. It landed on top of my head so I couldn’t see if he was laughing with triumph.

“Wouldn’t want my fiancé to get a cold now,” I heard him. I tore the jacket from my face to see that he was already gone.

I used his jacket to muffle my screams in annoyance.

--

“I hate that bastard,” I said to Courtney when she opened the apartment door that night, after the art show was over. I gave Josh the silent treatment. It seems he’s been doing the same. And everywhere, people were congratulating us. They looked too happy. And relief? Especially his parents.

“Well, hello to you too, my friend,” Courtney said and walked back to the kitchen, “You hate a lot of people…and things. So who is the lucky so called bastard that you hate?”

“Josh Anderson,” I had said.

“You say it like he’s the devil.” She smiled in amusement.

“Could’ve fooled me,” I collapsed on the couch in exhaustion.

“So, what exactly happened?” she asked as placed a plate of macaroni and cheese in front of me. I took a huge bite before telling her the story.

“He did what?!” she yelled when I told her about how Josh told the reporters that we were engaged and getting married.

“I know! What do I do?” I groaned in my hands.

She scoffed. “You marry him of course!”

“Excuse me?”

“You’re pregnant, he’s the father, and did I mention that he is like, the hottest of the hot men in this city?” she asked in a ‘duh’ tone.

“I can’t believe you’re telling me this. You’re supposed to be my best friend!”

“I am. And from my ears, it sounds like you two have chemistry.”

“Chemistry? Please.”

“You two are so building sexual tension. From the looks of it, by…three more months you’ll be having hot steamy sex in the back seat.”

“In three more months I’ll be a huge elephant! With the bastard as the father!”

“Fine. Don’t believe me. But if my prediction comes true, you owe me five bucks.” With that she walked off to her room.

I shook my head. This is unbelievable!
♠ ♠ ♠
I am typing Time Flew Like a Dove as we speak.
I'm having a little trouble writing the chapter down, but I know what's going to happen.
So it might come out today or sometime this weekend.