Second Chances For Failed Romances

You Think You’re Royalty

The next morning I awoke earlier than usual. If I really wanted in or out of anything, I’d have to do something. I’d never been one to do something for someone – to be a good person – but there’s a first for everything. I got out of bed and made my way to Elyse’s room, knowing she’d still be lying in bed.

“I know you don’t want to talk to me,” I said as I walked inside her room. “If I were you, I’d be very angry at me too. You don’t deserve being treated like I treated you or being called any name – especially asshole,” I had moved to sitting on the edge of her bed.

By now, she was sitting up straight against her bed rest, keeping her eyes on me. “And I’m really sorry Elyse, I really am-” I continued, yet she cut me off.

“And Jack isn’t an asshole either,” she blurted out. “He’s a very nice guy, but you wouldn’t know that because you don’t give anyone the time of day. You think you’re royalty,” she said knowingly and defensively.

I chuckled and looked at her straight in the eye, “yeah, that too. I’m sorry Elyse, you know I love you.”

A smile crept on her face, “I love you too, and apology accepted.” She leaned over and embraced me in a hug.

I pulled away and began making my way out of her room. When I was about to close the door behind me, I heard her speak.

“You can leave it open,” she said and I let go of the door knob, smiling her way. “And, Audrey, Jack and I are having dinner tonight if you want to join us…”

I looked at her and pondered the thought for a moment. “I cant, I have this thing to do in this place and I just cant.”

She laughed, “don’t lie to me. You don’t have to worry about being a third wheel or anything – it’ll be fine.”

I sighed and shrugged, “what the hell, sure, I’ll join you two love birds,” I smiled and made my way out of her room.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dress nice. I stared at the full length mirror before me. Strapless, royal blue, dress. One of those made-by-the-hand-of-God dresses that hugged your curves perfectly. After all, Elyse was right, I needed to look good; I needed to find someone, even if it wasn't Alex.

I sighed and mentally approved of the dress. My hair was picked up in a bun, bangs slightly to the side of my face, and long, white gold, earrings that reached half-way through my neck. Make-up ready, hair ready, dress ready. I slipped my feet inside my silver heels and walked out.

"I'm ready," I said as Elyse eyed me up and down from the couch.

"Damn," was all she said. "Let's go, Jacky-poo is waiting," she said giddily.

I laughed at the pet name. Jacky-poo, who would've thought. She looked beautiful in her red dress that complemented her strawberry blonde hair, which she wore in loose waves.

"Let's go," I smiled.

On the way there I told her everything that had happened the past couple of dates. From how I would finally be able to launch my line to the man at the bar. Of course, leaving the whole Alex part out; not sure if I was ready to admit it to anyone.

We entered the beautiful L.A. restaurant, letting the waitress at the front know that someone was waiting for us. As we made our way to Jack, one of my heels somehow managed to get stuck on a woodplank, causing me to trip.

"Shit," I said, getting up and rubbing my head. I could hear Jack laughing from where I was, but as I looked up I saw someone I wasn't willing to see. "Fuck," I muttered under my breath. He just saw me make a fool out of myself, fantastic.

Wearing my pride on my sleeve I stood up and walked to where we were seated, taking a seat next to Elyse, who was across from Jack, leaving me across from Monsieur Alexander William Gaskarth.
♠ ♠ ♠
i promise the next chapter will be a million times better (:
i want to ask for something though
idk if i ask too much of my readers, but i just want to get at least 9 stars before the next chapter?
idk yet if the next chapter is the last.
prolly is.

aaaaaaaaaand...
if anybody wants to make me a banner, feel free *cough cough* lol

i love you guys (:
and i love my bbyboo alexanderwilliamgaskarth
even though he doesn't know he's my bbyboo
he is.
(:

xoxo
Pansy