Second Chances For Failed Romances

Chicken Parmesan

My face was covered by the menu. I wasn’t sure if I was ready to make eye contact yet.

“So, Noel, how do you deal with this whole thing of people calling you different names? Like, we call you Noel,” Jack pointing at himself and at Alex, “but L.A. people call you Audrey.”

I looked away from the menu for a split second to look at Jack, “no one really calls me Noel.”

“Oh,” he said. Question answered, no need to push the subject.

Elyse cleared her throat, “so, Alex, how’s the whole lyric writing process going?”

He looked at her for a second and replied, “it’s going very well. Thanks for asking.”

I tried to remove myself, mentally at least, from their conversation and tried focusing on food. Chicken Parmesan, my favorite. What I always picked.

Soon enough, the waiter arrived, “so, is everyone ready to order?”

“Yeah,” Jack nodded, “I just want a pizza margherita,” he shrugged, handing the menu to the waiter.

“Make that two,” Elyse spoke, “I want one also.”

“Alrighty,” the waiter nodded as he jotted down their orders. “You two?”

“I want the… Chicken Parmesan,” Alex said, handing the waiter the menu.

I narrowed my eyes at him and shook my head, trying to calm down. “Fuck it,” I said handing the waiter the menu, “make it three pizzas,” I forced a smile.

“All the same?” he asked.

“Why not?” I replied, once more plastering a fake smile on my face.

“I thought you’d order-” Elyse began, but I cut her off.

“Well, you thought wrong. I thought it was time for something different,” I replied.

“Cheese pizza different? Sure,” Jack said as I glared his way.

I reached for my phone and texted Elyse, letting her know I wasn’t happy. You fucking set me up.

Soon enough, I got a reply, please calm down and give it a try? For me? I took a deep breath and tried to relax.

“So,” Elyse began, breaking the ice, “wanna tell Jack and Alex how your line is going to launch?”

I took a deep breath once more, “sure,” I began. “Well, the other day Natalia called me to her office and pretty much gave me the gist of it. We’re going to start working together, designing and what not, and we’re hoping to be able to launch a line for next season,” I smiled as I told the story.

Alex chuckled while Jack actually replied, “congrats, that’s really good for you,” he smiled genuinely.

“I know,” I smiled, “like things were going so bad that week-” I caught myself mid-sentence as Alex looked up at me, “because I had this… diarrhea…” Somehow, I always came up with the worst excuses. I paused and continued my lie, “it was terrible, I wouldn’t want to ruin your dinner by telling you about it.”

Alex laughed, once more, getting on my last nerve.

“You have a problem Gaskarth?” I directed my word at him as I heard Elyse mutter a low “oh boy.”

“No,” he snapped his eyes from his phone to me, “not at all. Do you have a problem Braddy?”

I narrowed my eyes at him, wanting to gauge his out, “yes, actually, you are my problem,” I began.

“Here we go again…” Elyse began while eyeing Jack.

“Well, Braddy, that sounds like a personal problem. Why don’t you take it to a psychologist or something, after all, we all know you’re crazy and you should get that checked out.”

I scoffed, “well, if I were you I’d be directed to the hospital at this instant to check myself for AIDS, since you sleep around so fucking much. I mean, it is no secret.”

He laughed, “well, funny, because our initial problem was that I wouldn’t sleep with you. Once more, sounds like you are the problem here.”

“Waiter,” Jack began calling the waiter, possibly wanting to leave.

“Well you know what Gaskarth, I am so glad we never did fuck because you are pathetic. I mean, you can’t even order your own plate of food,” I raised my voice.

“What the fuck are you talking about?” he slammed his hands on the table, causing a glass of water to fall.

“Waiter!” Jack called louder this time.

“You know what I’m talking about! You ordered my favorite plate of food Alex!” my voice was growing progressively louder.

“Well fuck me! It’s my favorite plate of food. You need to find a new hobby,” he glared at me.

“I said, I wouldn’t fuck you in a million years. And I’d much rather be alone like I am than to be like you!” I stood up.

“What the fuck is that supposed to mean?!” he asked as he stood up as well.

“I saw you with that blonde the other day at the restaurant. Don’t even try to fool me Alex.” I said in a lower tone this time.

“That blonde! That blonde was nothing!” he said, his voice still raised.

“Oh yeah?! Nothing?! Well, I don’t need your lies anymore. Just know that I tried. I was at a bar and I met a guy and I couldn’t – I couldn’t even kiss him, and do you know why?!” I raised my voice once more.

“No, fucking enlighten me!” he laughed as a couple of waiters walked towards us, asking us to calm down or leave.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh boy~
cliffhanger i know.
but, once more, dont act like you dont know what's coming x)

anddd i'm extending this like another chapter or something. not sure yet. blahblahblah! (:

hmmm i love awg? y/y?
you knew that.
and i love you for reading this and leaving me comments and subscribing and all that other delicious stuff.
i truly love this story. only story i'm into (as far as writing goes.)

i love you guys

xoxo
Pansy