‹ Prequel: Where's the Heart?

Love is a Two Way Street

One More Sad Song

Edwin’s P.O.V.

I didn’t want to talk to Jayden, but I just couldn’t keep in my excitement anymore. I had to tell someone and I couldn’t tell Jade because it was a surprise, Nathan because he was in his room and probably busy, or Quinn since she was the one Nathan was busy with. Not to sound crude or anything.

So I was sitting in the living room with Jayden as he sat, bored. I didn’t care if he didn’t want to listen, he was going to!

“So I think I’m going to tell Jade I’ve booked our wedding. And our honeymoon. We’re going to where she was born, Marseille. She’ll be so surprised! I bet she doesn’t know that I know she used to live in France. Our wedding is in three weeks, so I think I’ll tell her today that she needs to get a dress. And soon we’ll have twenty little kids running around.” I smiled at the thought. Jade was going to be such a good mom.

“Whatever. Well, she certainly likes Monique enough. God, she wouldn’t let me take the girl home unless she came with me!”

I got a little nervous there. She broke my one rule?

“Wait, she was alone with you?” I whispered, my happiness dropping by the second.

“Yeah, why? She told me she was going with me or else! God, the nerve of some chicks. Then, you know, I kinda try to kiss her because you know me and well...”

“Well what?” I think my heart was starting to beat again I was so fucking scared!

“Well, I didn’t want to tell you this, but she didn’t push me off. I had to stop her before we had sex! I figured you’d find out and murder me or trust me, I would’ve fucked her.”

Jade...

“She...She tried to...She cheated on me?” The love of my love didn’t love me anymore? Oh God. I just wanted to crawl into a hole and die. Jayden patted my shoulder.

“I’m so sorry, Edwin. I really am.”

“Eddy?” I heard Jade call from the stairs. I stood up and she threw her arms around me. I was too stunned to even hold her back. Did she really plan on not telling me? “I’ve been looking all over for you!” She had this huge smile on her face and it only mad me angrier. She was a dirty, filthy whoring liar!

“Jade,” I stated sternly, glaring at her to keep my voice from breaking as my heart had. She looked confused and I knew she was playing stupid. Well, she was playing Jade.

“What’s wrong?” she whispered. Her hand fluttered to her stomach and I could bet she felt like she was going to puke just like I was.

“When did you plan on telling me about yesterday?!” I screamed at her, grabbing hold of her delicate shoulders. She winced and her small body started shaking. Obviously my tough guy act was working.

She glanced over my shoulder at Jayden and sighed. I wanted to wring her pretty little neck!

“He told you, naturally. Look, I’m sorry I know you told me to stay away, but I wanted to take Monique home. She was so sad that she had to go alone and she cried, so one thing led to another and I went with him. I’m sorry. Are we okay?” She couldn’t be that stupid to think I was a moron, could she?

“We are not okay!” I told her, shoving her away. She managed to catch her balance, which was a first for her.

“Don’t push me!” she yelled at me, glaring. “I fucking love you, so why are you acting like this?”

“How should I be acting, hmm?” I asked, deciding to try a Jade answer. Both of her hands went to her stomach now and I could have laughed. She had good reason to be that nervous. “Should I be happy that my fiancée doesn’t love me anymore and that she’s a fucking whore?!”

“I am not a whore!” She looked so hurt, but I kept my glare. “What on earth are you talking about?”

“I’m talking about you and your lover, Jayden! How could you cheat on me?” I felt my lower lip tremble. I couldn’t take much more of this.

“I didn’t cheat on you! I—” She suddenly looked past me and to Jayden. “You!” She pointed at him. “How dare you tell him that!”

“I thought a dear friend deserved to know his fiancée is a slut,” he told her. Jade opened her mouth again, but I lashed out, backhanding her across the face. She stumbled and crashed into a wall before sliding to the floor, tears streaming down her face. I had to look away for a second or I knew I’d cry, too.

“What...Eddy, why did you...?” She started crying and it was almost more than I could take, but she fucking ripped my heart out, so she deserved it! “I thought you loved me!”

My heart broke in two, but she didn’t need to know what she’s done to me.

“I thought I did, too.”