Sequel: Cricket On Tour

All Time Low and Cricket

The Plan Is a Go

“Alright, you can start worshipping me now!” Lanie said grinning when she walked into Jack’s and saw Alex sitting next to Jack. Jack had to find ways to keep Cricket away because Alex was over a lot now, and part of the plan was that Cricket had to think that Lanie and Jack still hated Alex. “If I pull this off, you will forever be in my debt”

“Alright, what have you got for me?” Alex asked.

“A Prince Charming costume!” Lanie beamed.

“Uh, what? If I’m gonna be a Disney dude, I need to be Aladdin.”

“Don’t be dim.” Lanie said disdainfully. “Cricket’s going as Cinderella. So, therefore, thus hence, you will be Prince Charming.”

“Oh, that is a good plan. Does she have a mask? Do I have a mask?”

“Duh, the plan won’t work if you don’t have a mask. She’ll see it’s you, and then won’t even give you a chance.” Lanie explained.

“Yeah. Good plan, I like it!”

“Alright, I’m calling her and telling her I found her a date. One of Jack’s friends, who’s in town for the holidays, she won’t question it. It’s Cricket, she’s the most gullible, naïve person I know.”

“Hey girl!” Lanie said into the phone. “I have awesome news! Yeah, no, I found you a date for my party! No, he’s way hot! His name’s Will, he’s Jack’s friend. He’s in town for the holidays. Thanksgiving. He gets like a month off. NO! It’s gonna be a blind date! You’ll know it’s him cuz he’ll be dressed up like Prince Charming. Oh, I know I’m a genius! Alright, I’ll talk to you later!”

“Operation Masquerade is a go!” Lanie said when she clicked her phone shut.

“Yes!” Alex whooped. “Lanie, this had better work, or else!”

“I can’t believe she actually fell for that.” Jack said.

“Never underestimate the power of Cricket’s gullibleness.” Lanie chided. “You weren’t here when I had her thouroughly convinced that I was going to join the circus. I told her I was going to take Blue and Beaver and join the circus cuz I didn’t want to sell them. She was calling her mom to tell her she wasn’t going to college when I had to tell her the truth.”

“She really believed that?” Alex asked.

“It’s kind of awesome, actually.” Lanie mused. “I mean, how many people do you know who are that optimistic and willing to believe anything can happen.”

“Yeah, well, that’s kinda why I fell for her.” Alex said rolling his eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha, okay, so this story might be coming to an end, BUT
there may or may not be a sequel in the making.... you never know.