I Could Always Make You Smile

Sweet On The Inside

Things were finally looking up. Selene had finally snagged her man and I have never seen her happier. Me, well, tonight I was feeling confident and dare I say it, sexy. Selene had painted my eye lids with a shimmer yellow, which on my skin looked like a yellow-orange.

She added black eyeliner and mascara to my already onyx eyes. The hair I did myself, simple pigtails, which I recalled that Blaise liked, with which I styled in Shirley Temple curls.

I strutted down the hallways, Selene by my side. And we definitely turned heads. But who could blame them, my candy corn apparel was rather appealing if I do say so myself.

It consisted of a white petticoat, black corset top dress, attached to a white and orange skirt, which was connected with black garters to the yellow bows of my orange and white striped thigh high socks, along with my simple black flats.

“Oh where are they?” Selene sighed. “Why are they always late?” She questioned, aggravation dripping with each word.

I let out a little chuckle. “Selene, just calm down, I’m sure they’ll be here soon. Its Blaise and Draco we’re talking about. You know they have to be fashionably late.” I joked, earning a laugh from Selene.

“Zabini, I think you better watch the mouth on this one.” Draco’s arrogant voice rang in my ears. I turned around to see him and Blaise standing side by side.

Their mouths were wide as were their eyes. I exchanged a glance with Selene and traipsed over to Blaise. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him into a light kiss.

“So what do you think?”

He opened his mouth, but only air came out. “Wow Malia, I think you’ve managed to make Zabini speechless.” Selene fooled. I looked back toward her and chuckled.

I turned to face him again, still smiling. “Have I really made the big bad Blaise Zabini astounded?” He slightly glared at me, but still there were no words spoken. I sighed playfully and backed away swiftly. “What was it really, the ensemble, or is it my new found confidence?”

Blaise rolled his hazel eyes and jabbed his hands into his pockets. “Alright woman, we got it! Now can we just get on with it?” Draco’s annoyed voice called.

I turned around and sighed. “If we must.” Selene smiled at my answer as Draco snaked his arm around her shoulders and the two began in front of us. I felt Blaise envelop around my waist.

“Why Miss Harewell, is your costume implying something?”

“Now slow your role Blaise, I’m definitely not that confident.” I watched a laughing Blaise with question. “I’m not fooling, trust me.”

“Malia, I would be a fool to believe that you would allow anyone to shag you before marriage.” He stated, holding the sides of my face, as I smiled.

“I’m glad.” He placed a gentle kiss on my forehead.

“Okay you two lovebirds, are you done?” Selene asked.

“One last question…” I gave Blaise a look, saying open ears and he went ahead. “Is this new attitude of yours permanent?”

I smirked. “We’ll see.” I smiled her way and gave her a small nod. The four of us stood adjacent to the other. I gave Selene one last smile before the doors opened to unveil us.
♠ ♠ ♠
You're probably wondering why the chapter is title Sweet On The Inside. Malia's dressed as candy corn, get it now? Haha, I'm a dork who makes no sense. Thanks to all of you readers who read this, we love you and we're back!