I Could Always Make You Smile

Lets Quit This Two Step Game

I glanced over to Blaise with sorrow in my eyes. He sighed and grabbed my face with ease. “Malia, calm down, everything will be fine. Draco will forgive you as soon as you explain the plan to him.”

I shook my head. “No, he won’t forgive me, I wouldn’t forgive me.” I slid down the accent wall of Hogwarts and laid my face into my hands. “Oh God, what am I doing? I should be hugging Selene right now, telling her how happy I am to see her, still with Draco.”

“Malia, you can’t do that unless you apologize to Draco first, although you shouldn’t have to,” he mumbled the ending. “The point is that this is the only way this is going to work, or at least the only way we know how to make it work.”

He held out his hands to help me up and with one last sigh I accepted. Lifting me to my petite form he placed a peck on my lips, giving me a surprising burst of confidence. He grabbed my hand and we began our way toward Slytherin table.

As we approached Draco we were halted by Crabbe and Goyle. “What are you doing with the filthy likes of her?” Goyle questioned. I took a silent breathe, everything would work, we would all get through this.

Blaise’s face twisted into a mix of anger as he stepped closer to the git. “If you ever talk about my girlfriend in that manner I promise to hex you,” he snarled. “Now move, for your safety at least.”

They didn’t budge. Blaise sighed and shook his head disapprovingly, tsking them. He only reached for his wand when they move aside, unveiling Draco. His face had gotten brick red with frustration as he violently combed his platinum hair, searching for something.

Blaise nodded, smirking in triumph. “Good decision boys.” He glanced at Malia, giving her a look reassurance, and the two paced themselves toward the concerned boy. “Draco,” Blaise called.

He looked up and his face twisted into disgust at the sight of me. “Zabini, what is she doing here?”

“Ask her yourself.” He stated, pushing me forward slightly. “Now I’m going to have a little chat with Crabbe and Goyle.” Blaise gave my shoulder a little squeeze and small smile before heading off.

“Draco I want to apologize.”

“Save it Harewell, you made it pretty clear that you have no interest in saving my girlfriend, your supposed best friend. Why don’t you just shove off?”

Okay, that’s it! “Draco that’s enough!” I shouted, echoes sounding all over the Great Hall. Students immediately focused on the two of us. “I care for Selene just as much as you, maybe even more! She’s like a sister to me and you honestly have the nerve to lower my love for her!”

“No one loves Selene more than I do!”

“I’m not going to turn this into a contest, not when my sister’s happiness is at stake! Grow up Draco!” The glare that had been burning my skin had given me quite a thrill. I scanned the Great Hall, searching through the shocked face of students.

All of them were seeing the ugly side of Malia Harewell. My chocolate eyes inspected Draco’s face to find nothing but anger still. I rolled my eyes and got up. “I’ll be thinking of a way to get Selene out of all of this. When you feel like rescuing her we can talk.”

I began walking away from Slytherin table when Blaise reached out for my hand. I quickly swiped it away from him. “I just to be alone right now.”

“Malia, I don’t think that’s the brightest Idea right now.”

“I know what’s beast for me Blaise.” I glanced at Draco, whose face seemed to be slightly more relaxed. I glanced at Crabbe and Goyle, who stood behind Blaise.

“Malia…”

My dark eyes diverted back to Blaise. “Seems as if apologies aren’t enough these days.” And shaking my head I traipsed out of the Great Hall.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's my fault the chapter hasn't been out, blame me not Naked_Freedom. She's been very awesome with her patience, as well as you guys. I'm also the reason tfor the wait on chapter 24. Sorry, I guess I just can't keep up as well. So sorry again and don't blame Naked_Freedom. Hint: comments=motivation.! :)