I Could Always Make You Smile

No, no. It Wasn't Who You Thought

I sat in the room Harry had provided for us and thought about how I was going to get Malia away from Dean. I couldn't even imagine Dean going off and leaving school or his home to kidnap her.

It was so close to Christmas and I knew Malia wanted to see her family, it all made me so upset. I didn't know what the hell was going on anymore, why all of a sudden my mother wanted to go crazy and marry me off and why Dean wanted to go crazy and kidnap Malia. It was all so frustrating; I just wanted my best friend back. All I wanted was to sit here with Malia and eat a box of Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans while watching some muggle movie, drooling over some guy we don't know.

"You okay?" Draco walked in, a small bowl of soup in hand. I was at the desk, pieces of parchment crumbled up everywhere I just wasn't sure of what to do anymore.

"No. I don't know what to do first." Draco gave me a small smile and placed the soup in front of me.

"Eat, love. You need your strength if we're going to get Malia and I know you haven't been sleeping so you will take this." Draco placed a small vile next to the soup. I saw the color and instantly knew what it was.

"A sleeping potion?" Draco smiled and kissed my head.

"Hermione made it. Take it when you're done eating. Think of plan tomorrow," I glared at him shaking my head.

"We don’t have time." I pushed away the soup and potion and began writing a letter. This time I knew we would need the help of the headmaster. He would gladly bring Malia and Dean back, making sure Dean could never practice witchcraft or wizardry again.

"Selene-"

"Hush. Let me write this and then I'll relax, okay?" Draco looked at me and sighed. He knew I was going to be stubborn about all this and no matter what he said or did he couldn't stop me.

"Alright love. I'll see you in bed." I gave him a brief smile and a kiss on the lips. I returned to the letter quickly finishing and then sending it off to Hogwarts with Draco's owl.

After that I couldn't sleep. I didn't know how to. All I could think about was the letter that would be returned to me saying that they would safely retrieve Malia. Sadly, the next morning, that letter never came.

"Selene, the letter!" Draco walked in, Blaise waiting anxiously behind him. I smiled and opened the letter. However, to my dismay it wasn't the letter I was expecting.

"Well, what does it say?" I looked up at Blaise shocked and confused.

"Dean never left the school. He went home with his parents today." Blaise ripped the letter from my hands and looked it over.

"He could have snuck out! He has her!" You could tell Blaise was upset. He wanted Dean to have her because if Dean had her we would know where she was. If Dean didn't have her, then we really had no clue who did.

"No, he doesn't. Think about it, what did we just do?" Draco came forward that strange look on his face he got everytime he was about to say something smart. A rare occasion indeed.

"You rescued me." I said not seeing where this was going. Blaise stood beside me knowing these moments, staying quiet to wait and see what Draco was going to say next.

"Who came up with the plan, Selene?" It then clicked in my head. It all made sense. They figured it out. They found us out and now Malia was kidnapped for saving me. I fell to the bed my mouth dropped. Blaise looked at me and then at Draco who ran his fingers through his hair.

"It's my fault. It's all my fault and now Malia may be in serious danger. How could I be so selfish!?" I scolded myself aloud. I couldn't believe this was happening and no one could tell me otherwise that it wasn't my fault. Although. Draco did, coming over to me, silent tears falling from my eyes.

"No, it's not. If it's anyone's fault it's mine, Selene." Draco tried to comfort me but I didn't listen. It wasn't my fault? How could it not be? I was the one who wanted to be with Draco so badly and risked everyone's lives.

"Selene, it's not your fault. We'll think of something, okay?" I looked up at Blaise who I would tell was trying to stay strong. I nodded my head and stood up.

"Can I be alone?" Draco and Blaise looked at each other and then nodded their heads.

"All right. I'll see you later, love." Draco kissed my forehead and walked out the room with Blaise. Once I was sure they were away I locked the door and got to thinking.

It was my fault, meaning my mother was probably involved with all this. She knew Malia was one of my weaknesses and she was going to play that for as long as she could, especially if it was to get whatever she wanted.

"No one else. Just me this time." I took a deep breath and wrote my letter. My life would never be the same after this and I knew that. But that was fine with me, as long as everyone else was safe.

Dear Draco and Blaise,

I am so sorry for doing this but I have to. This may be our only way to get Malia back safely. When she is back don't come after me, don't look for me, and just forget me. If you don't who knows what they will do to you and I can't risk that. I can't risk your lives anymore, I won't put anyone else in danger for myself. Malia is the last person I wanted to end up in this situation but sadly she did so I'm going to get her out. I love you all and that's why I'm doing this. Please I bed of you don't come after me.

- I love you, Draco with all my heart. You don't know how much it hurts to leave you to know I may never see you again, please try to forget me. Know that I won't ever forget you.

Yours Forever,
Selene
♠ ♠ ♠
I am SOOO SORRY for delaying the writing process everyone! forgive me! It was all me not africanxangel give her major props on getting out thirty three! I know thirty four should be coming out soon and please comment! Comment OR we won't give you guys a sequel!

xD