I Could Always Make You Smile

Just A Few Cuts And Bruises

I heard footsteps running frantically, but I couldn’t move. They had made sure of that. It was only Lucius and I here and now Selene. I had to warn her, tell her that there was another way.

“Malia, what have they done to you,” she whispered.

It hurt to speak. And as much as I wanted to yell out don’t fall for their trap, I couldn’t; all because of my vomiting. They had force fed me, considering that I was almost certain they would try to poison me one way or another.

Instead, I gathered what strength I could muster and I slowly pulled myself up. “Selene, you can’t do this. You have to hurry before they find you here,” my replica spoke coyly.

Selene was falling right into the trap, I couldn’t believe it. The cleverness of evil was winning and quite frankly it was making me angry. This couldn’t happen. If Selene did this there would be no chance of us getting out safely.

They knew that.

I knew that Selene would try to make a bargain. She would give up herself for me and I just couldn’t let her do that.

Finally, I stood in the old doorway, coughing uncontrollably. This caused Selene to turn to me, her eyes held shock. Selene looked back at the Malia she thought was me and her expression suddenly changed.

Those cold eyes glared back at me, but soon held a smirk. And Selene ran over to me. Looking at myself, I felt ugly. Lucius had said that he had to get the look just right, that if he had gotten this whole replica thing precise that maybe Selene would be fooled.

He was wrong.

I had collected many cuts and bruises on my face, it was disgusting, I didn’t even look like myself. “Malia, are you okay?”

I shook my head. “Malia, I’m so sorry about all of this; none of it was supposed to happen,” her head fell in shame. “You weren’t supposed to pay for my mistakes.”

Surprising myself, I spoke. “You didn’t do anything wrong. You’re mother is shameless.”

The ends of my mouth curled into a small smile. My legs began to shake and I fell to the ground, Selene rushing to make sure I was okay. “What did you do to her,” she questioned Lucius.

He only smirked, now transformed into his self. “Ms. Harewell brought this upon herself. We only tried to keep her alive. Isn’t that right Malia?” Lucius looked down at me in disgust and I wouldn’t blame him, not right now.

“Don’t do this Selene. He’s nothing but a coward,” I spat.

“And here I thought of you as a civil young lady,” he remarked. He looked toward Selene, smiling. “Are you ready to make that bargain Ms. Torres?”

“Never,” I answered for her.

“Careful Malia, remember what I’ve said. You’ll find that I do not repeat myself,” he warned. “Besides, I believe I was talking to your mate here. Don’t be rude.”

Selene looked down to me, her eyes clouded with many tears. Looking back toward the devil, she shook her head. “What did you have in mind?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Heylo! Well Merry Christmas to all! This is our gift to you! But gotta jet cause my little cousin is acting up. Haha, you know little people, always getting on your nerves. So we'll update soon! And once again, Merry Christmas! [: