Would You Come With Me or Just Leave Me?

Two.

“Okay so when did you figure this out?” he asked not disturbed by what I just said.

“Well I’m not gay but…” I took a deep breath “I think I may like a guy?” my statement sounded more like a question.

“That’s it?” he asked.

I nodded.

“That doesn’t mean you're gay Ryan,” he laughed.

“What?” I gasped. This coming from the guy who’s had a girlfriend since sixth grade.

“It’s normal for a person to be attracted to someone whose the same sex as him. It doesn’t mean you're gay. Most teenagers go through it.” he spoke clinically.

I stared at him in disbelief.

“How do you-?” I started to ask him but I remembered his mother was a famous psychologist or something, so he knew about that kind of stuff.

“Yeah I kind of read one of my moms books,” his cheeks tinted a little. “I get bored sometimes.”

“Hmm” I nodded still processing this new-found information in my head.

“So did you ever make it to the office?” Spencer changed the subject.

“Oh! Yeah,” I grabbed the crumpled paper I stuffed in my pocket. “We no longer have every class together.” I handed him my new schedule.

“Damn,” he read the paper “I heard that they’re just picking random people and screwing up their classes. This makes no sense though, we’ll be out this school in four months anyway.” he looked back down. “At least we still have music together,”

“And Physics, Calculus and Social Studies” I added pointing at the paper.

“Yeah but I just sleep in those classes,” he waved my hand away. “And look they put you back in Creative Writing”

“Best. Elective. Ever.” I smiled.

“Sure,” he handed me the paper.

The warning bell rang.

“Well I’m off to the best class ever,” I threw my bag over my shoulder.

“Have fun!” Spencer waved as he walked in the opposite direction of me.

G101

G103

G105


I counted the rooms as I passed by them

G107

I stopped walking. I stood by the open doorway motionless. My palms sweating and my breathing hitched.

“Get a hold of yourself.” I whispered out loud, closing my eyes.

“It’s just a fucking class. You’re not getting married or anything” I imagined Spencer telling me and laughed to myself.

“Ryan?” someone called me.

I opened my eyes “Brendon?!” I was moments away from jumping on him.

“You’re in this class?” he asked smiling, from my reaction I guessed.

“Yeah.” I suddenly felt shy “I just switched in” I waved my schedule in the air.

“Nice,” he walked in the room, me right behind him. “I was getting pretty lonely,” he turned around. “No one wants to sit next to the gay kid.”

My mouth made the ‘o’ shape as I continued to follow him to his seat in the front of the room.

“Careful,” he gestured toward the chair next to him “There may be cobwebs”

I laughed and sat down as soon as the teacher walked in.

“Partner up!” was the first thing he said.

Everyone began moving around and chairs were screeching against the floor.

“Partners?” I looked at Brendon and he nodded.

The final bell rang and the teacher went to stand in the front of the room.

“I see we have some new students, my name is Mr. Collins for those of you who don’t know. But you guys can call me David” he ran his fingers threw his dirty blond hair.

He looked maybe three years older than me, if that. I wondered what he was doing teaching a twelfth grade writing class.

“He’s kinda hot, huh?” Brendon whispered.

“What?!” I turned to him.

Did he see I was checking him out earlier?

“Chill out, I was just kidding. Well not really I mean he is hot but I know you don’t think so…” he seemed entertained by my freaking out.

“Alright were going to try something new today. Were going to go around the room and each person is going to stand up and tell us your name age and one thing about yourself that you find significant.” Mr. Collins explained to us. “I’ll start -Ahem- My name is David Collins I’m twenty-three years old and I find beauty in the most irrelevant things.” he gestured to me “Your turn”

I stood “I go by Ryan. Ryan Ross-”

Brendon chuckled and I couldn’t help but laugh also.

“I’m nineteen years old and uh, I’m a Virgo” I sat down.

“How very James Bond-ish of you,” Brendon teased standing up. “So yeah the name is Brendon Urie. I’m eighteen and I’m obsessed with the plays Les Miserables and Rent” he sat back down.

He went around the entire room which seemed to last longer than I hoped it would and he gave us our first assignment of the semester. I looked at the clock and saw that class would be over in less than five minutes.

“So what do you wanna do it on?” Brendon asked, noticing my glance at the clock.

I shrugged “I dunno”

“Uh,” he looked around. “Maybe we can talk about it after school” he suggested.

“Sure,” I nodded and was about to propose that we meet up at the library, because were definitely not going to my house, when he came up with something better.

“We could meet at my house? Maybe,” his face was bright with anticipation.

I wide grin spread across my face. “Sounds great”

“Awesome, let me see your phone,” he held out his hand assuming I had a cell phone, and I did.

I pulled out my phone and handed it to him, he handed me his.

“Here’s my number,” he started typing into it and I followed his lead. “I’ll text you my address” he smiled and handed me my phone back.

The bell rang, way too soon in my opinion and everyone stood. Including Brendon.
“Here’s your phone,” I reluctantly gave it back to him.

“Thanks” he began to walk toward the door “See you later Ryan” he turned around and smiled before exiting.

And I swear my heart just skipped a beat or two.
♠ ♠ ♠
Argh so old and hard to read
I can't believe I wrote this stuff
Jon comes in soon!
Oh and I just made a Panic layout!
Now I just gotta make a Panic story...hmm