Status: Completed!

Caught up Between Two Loves

Chapter Seven

After a while, I looked at the clock and saw that it was 6 o’clock. I sighed thinking how was I going to meet Cristiano without Nando finding out. Even though he’s cool about me being a Man United fan, but he’s so overprotective. Plus Ronaldo’s his rival, he would freak if he sees me with him.

I saw that Fernando was sitting on the couch still watching TV. I walked over to him and said “Hey babe, do you mind if I went out tonight with Jen?”

Actually I lied about the Jen part, but I was hoping that he would believe me. He looked shocked at me then chuckled a bit.

“Why would I mind? Go ahead have fun, but don’t drink too much. I’ll just stay home since I have a big match tomorrow.”

I smiled from ear to ear then got up and hugged him tight. “Thank you, thank you, thank you. Don’t worry I won’t be long either and we’re not going to a pub just dinner and talk about the wedding.”

I told him then went up to the bedroom to get ready. When I was done, I called up Cristiano to let him know that I can see him. He got excited and gave me the name of a restaurant so that I would meet him there. I hung up and went downstairs. I walked over to Nando and gave him a kiss before I left.

I got in my car and drove to the restaurant. I parked it outside then got in. After searching for Cristiano for a few seconds, I saw him sitting in the back. I smiled then walked up to him. His back was facing me so I closed his eyes and whispered in his ear “Guess who?”

He tensed up a bit then when he saw that it was only me he smiled “Oh thank God, it’s only you. I thought it was some crazy fan or something.”

I chuckled then sat down. We ordered what we wanted and the waiter left.

“So, how did you manage to sneak around to see me?”

“Well...I lied and told him that I was going to meet up with Jen. She’s one of the coordinators in the club.” I explained taking a sip from the glass of wine.

“Don’t take this the wrong way, but...why did you want to see me tonight? I mean you have a big game tomorrow. Nando’s even staying at home.”

“You’re right; I don’t usually go out the night before a game. But when would I have the time to see? After the game you would probably stay with Torres and we’re leaving the next day anyway.” He said and I nodded.

We talked for hours and were having so much fun and didn’t realize that it was 11 already. I looked at my watch then said to Cristiano that I should be going home. He offered to walk me to my car. He paid for dinner and we got outside. I was hoping that no paparazzi would be around. They’re always sneaky and take your picture without you finding out.

We arrived at my car. I turned around to face him and gave him a hug. He hugged me back and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

“Good luck tomorrow.” I said and got in the car.

“Thanks, but I don’t need it.” He said and smiled cockily while I rolled my eyes.

I waved at him and drove off. A few minutes later, I arrived at Nando’s house. I slowly opened the door and tip-toed to the bedroom. I glanced at the bed and saw him sleeping peacefully. I smiled at that then changed. I got in bed slowly but that didn’t stop him to wake up. He opened his eyes and saw that it was only me and wrapped his arms around me.

“Did you have fun with Jen?” He asked sleepy.

“Yeah, I did. Good night Nando.” I said giving him a kiss and went to sleep.