Status: Completed!

Caught up Between Two Loves

Chapter Nine

I woke up late the next day seeing that I had the day off. I looked around to see that I was alone in the room. I took a quick shower then got dressed. I came down the stairs to see Fernando about to leave.

“Hey where are you going?” I asked him before he stepped out.

“Oh, I’m glad you’re up. Coach called and he said that he needed to talk to the team about something.” He said and I tried to read his face to see if he was hiding something. And me knowing him well, he wasn’t lying so I smiled.

“Ok, when will you be back home?”

“I won’t be long, just a couple of hours. I’ll let you know when I’ll be back.” He said then kissed me before he left.

I sighed then turned around at the empty house thinking of what to do. Then I remembered Cristiano telling me that Sir Alex wanted to ask me something. I grabbed my cell and dialed Cris’s number. After a few rings, he picked up.

“Hey, Rach.”

“Hey Cris, how was last night?”

“Great but would’ve been more fun if you were there.”

“Yeah, I’m sure.” I said sarcastically.

“No, it’s true. So how’s lover boy?”

“Better than yesterday, I guess. He just left telling me that the coach wanted to talk to him? Anyway, when and where are we going to meet up?”

“Hmm, well I’m at the hotel right now and will be staying here till tomorrow… You can come by now I and the guys are free.”

“Great. I’m on my way…Wait which hotel?”

He gave me the name of it and I knew where it was. So, I grabbed my purse and left the house. The hotel wasn’t that far so I arrived in a few minutes. Then I remembered that I didn’t know which room he was staying and that I was sure that the hotel manager won’t tell me. I mentally slapped myself and sighed loudly. A few seconds later, I feel myself being lifted up and swung in the air from behind. I screamed then when I saw who it was I calmed down.

“Cristiano Ronaldo, don’t ever do that again!!!” I yelled at him and punched his arm.

“Ok, ok, sorry. I just got excited seeing you that’s all.” He said and I smiled and hugged him.

“Sorry I couldn’t come yesterday. But now that I’m here.....What to do?” I asked him then saw Wayne, Rio and Nani joining him from behind.

“Hey guys.” I said and they greeted me with hugs.

“Hey Rach, we just came back from talking with Sir Alex. He said that he’s ready to see you.” Wayne said smiling.

I still was confused as to what he wanted. I shrugged and they led me to where he was. He was sitting in a café drinking something. They pushed me to walk up to him while heading over to him beside me. When Ferguson saw us he smiled then got up to shake my hand. I sat down then felt that the guys were still behind me.

“You lads can go now I would like to talk to her alone.” Alex said.

They just nodded and patted my back letting me know that everything will be fine.

“Don’t worry, you’ll do fine. He’s not as scary as some people think.” He whispered then
gave a quick peck on my cheek and left. I laughed a bit at what he said.

“I see that our player has an eye on you.” Ferguson said grinning.

“Oh, no we’re just friends I’m actually taken.” I said and blushed a little.

“Right, well I’m sure you have no idea why I asked to talk to you.” I nodded my head and waited for him to say why he asked for me.

“Well I heard and seen how you take good care of the Liverpool players. I’m impressed that not too many have been injured…Since we, Man Utd, have many injuries recently and I would love if you could work for us. You seem to get along with the lads and certainly know how to take care of them. What do you say?”

‘He didn’t just ask me that?’ I thought. I can’t believe he’s offering me to work with The most awesome club in England. I wanted to say yes but something made me think about my answer. Fernando…How would he feel if I accepted this?

I looked up to see that Sir Alex was waiting for my answer so I said “Thank you, Sir Alex for the offer. I’ll think about, I’m not sure what my answer will be yet.”

“I understand I’ll give you 2 weeks to give me your answer.” He said getting up and shook my hand.

“I hope you’ll accept my offer. Goodbye.”

I sighed and sat back down trying to think about it. My thoughts were cut off by Cris, Nani, Wayne and Rio who were running towards me with a smile on their faces.

“So, did you say yes like I hoped?” Wayne said waiting like the other eagerly for my answer.

“Well, no. I said that I’ll think about it and he told me I have 2 weeks to accept or decline his offer.” I said getting up and walking out of the café with them following behind.

“Don’t tell me you’re gonna say no cuz of Nando.” Cris said which made me get angry.

“What’s with you and him? He’s a great guy once you get to know him. So don’t say anything you don’t know about.” I said now facing him.

“So, you’re willing to give up your dream job for that little prick?”

That’s when I lost it; I slapped him across his cheek then ran out of the hotel not caring who was calling me from behind. I got into my car and drove home.