Status: Complete

You Are My Favorite Joke

Chapter 17

Ashley’s P.O.V

I opened my eyes groaning with each blink. My head hurt as so as my right wrist. I looked at it and I had a new scar in a ‘O’ shape, this was frustrating. I sat up and my vision was dizzy, like if I was drunk.

“She lives!” I heard the Joker’s excited voice coming from a corner.

The room was dark so I couldn’t know where he was and that wasn’t pleasing. The Joker grabbed me by the arm and he dragged me to the hall which I couldn’t remember anything off, maybe because I always passed it running.

“Puddin’!” Harley screamed jumping on The Joker’s back, in my eyes it was quite funny.

He wanted to pull her away but she seemed to be glued to him, I tried to not laugh but this was so idiot that I had to. I laughed and then the 3 of us stood there in silence. The Joker’s eyes came from Harley to me. He threw her against the wall and then he stared at me with a smile on his face.

“What was that?” The Joker said.

“Nothing.” I said shocking my head.

What the hell happened? I had laughed! Am I getting like him? Or was this simply funny?

“You laughed angel.” The Joker said laughing himself.

“Ah I told you I would put a smile on that face.” The Joker said motioning for me to smile again but he was freaking me out and I couldn’t just smile like if nothing was happening. After this awkward moment Harley was my ‘babysitter’ again but only one thought ran thrown my mind run or not to run.

“Harley…” I said. I felt bad for her, she was actually the only person that talked and cared for me and she was so blown away by a man that didn’t even look at her twice.

The Joker pushes her away but she never gets the message. She can be better than this, I know she can.

“Yes cutie pie?” Harley said giving me a glass with some kind of green liquid

“Drink it is good for your body for the continuous blood loss on the right wrist.” Harley said.

“What did you do before you joined him?” I asked her trying to drink the liquid.

“I was a doctor on the Arkham Asylum.” Harley said.

I stared in shock at her. How could a doctor end up helping The Joker commit crimes?

“I can’t understand.” I said.

“I fell in love with puddin’ after our first session. He has something so fascinating on him.” Harley said staring at her food.

She thought he was fascinating? I thought he was a freak with an obsessive disorder on chaos and disaster. She fell in love with him, that’s what he made her think. The Joker corrupted Harley’s mind so much that he changed her true feelings just to get what he wants but now he has a type of ‘fan girl’.

“ANGEL! You’re on TV.” The Joker yelled pulling me to the supposed living room where all of his henchmen were. There was a new one and he was staring at the floor, I had never noticed him before.

‘The Joker did it again. Ashley Fox was kidnapped again by the sociopath that has been terrorizing Gotham. Ashley was the only hostage escaping with life until now. Police confirms that Ashley was taken during the assault on D.A Harvey Dent’s speech in which gun shoots where heard and the commissioner was injured.’ the reporter said.

I turned to The Joker

“What happened to Jim?” I said staring at the TV.

“Probably dead but they don’t that it is very nice to announce that on National TV.” The Joker said smiling watching my expression change.

Anger started to fill me up. That bastard had killed him on purpose, almost for sure and now he was laughing at it! I wasn’t a revenge person but with The Joker everything changed in my mind.

“You killed him!” I said grabbing his tie and pulling him against the wall though he was much stronger than me.

He started to laugh, that maniac laugh. The laugh that showed that he was having fun with this.

“Come on angel, hit me. HIT ME!” The Joker said placing a gun in my right hand. Then he took my hand in his and he pointed the gun to his forehead.

“You know you want to do it.” The Joker said.

“I’m not like you.” I whispered and I released him looking him in the eyes.

I was about to back away from him but he hold me tight by the arm and he pinned me to the wall pressing his body against mine with a knife in his hand ready to cut my throat and end my life. I stopped breathing, I was scared, I was angry and I was desperate.

“But you will be angel, you will be just like me.” The Joker said making a little cut on my neck. I flinched and tears started to burn on my eyes, I looked around the room and everyone was staring at me.

Lucius’s Fox P.O.V

I was sitting on my desk on Wayne Enterprises, Bruce hadn’t said anything yet.

“Mr. Fox.” I heard Bruce’s voice, I turned with my eyes full of hope that he would tell me where Ashley was.

“The address was a trap.” Bruce said looking at the floor.

“NO!” I yelled punching the desk.

This wasn’t supposed to be like this. Why Ashley again?

Bruce’s P.O.V

After leaving a desolated Lucius on his office I left to my ‘hideout’ where Alfred was also anxiously waiting.

“Master Wayne.” Alfred greeted in his British accent which Ashley loved.

“I couldn’t save her Alfred. For instants I thought I would do something right but… She never asked me anything besides safety and now she was taken away again because I was saving others.” I said sitting on a chair.

“Batman doesn’t have a loved one.” Alfred said.

“I’m going to tell the world who Batman is.” I said.

“You can’t do that, you’re the hope of Gotham.” Alfred said.

“Innocent people are dying, the person I love was kidnapped by the second time what do you think I can do?” I said.

“Endure Master Wayne. Ashley was always a fighter, and you master are also a fighter. She doesn’t know but don’t let her down.” Alfred said.

Though Alfred was right it wasn’t fair. Ashley was being used so The Joker could get what he wants has usual. I’m not letting this go any further.

Ashley’s P.O.V

After that little ‘battle’ between me and The Joker I was locked inside his room. I examined my wrist, how did he do that? He did the scars so perfectly that the marc with the letter is noticeable.

I started to cry, my father, Bruce, Jim Gordon. All of them tried to protect me, one of them died and the others might be in danger. What can possibly go wrong next?

“Angel! I have a surprise for you.” The Joker sang kicking the door open and leaning in towards me.

Our foreheads were touching when I heard a ‘click’ sound, I looked at my hands and they were handcuffed.

“Hey! What is this for?” I protested still sitting on the floor.

“I’m just making sure that you will not run away again like a bad girl. Now be a nice girl when we’re out.” The Joker teased.

“Oh and if you try to unlock the door you’ll turn barbecue!” The Joker said laughing and locking the door behind him.

I guess that the door had some kind of bomb on it. Damn! I can’t do much with these handcuffs anyway. I locked around the room, yes it had some light this time because it was dark outside. I didn’t like being in the dark, and The Joker didn’t mind at all to leave me in the dark but I managed to get some light on.

I stood up and I opened his ‘closet’. Inside nothing special a lot of the clothes that he used but all the same, spotted ties, green vests, purple coats, purple trousers and snakeskin long sleeved shirts. I was about to close the door when I noticed a little red box on a corner.

I pulled it closer to me and I opened it, inside it had some draws and pictures of a baby. I knew that baby because that baby was me? Okay now this was getting strange. The Joker had pictures of me has a baby? Where did he get this stuff? And coincidence of not it’s the same picture that my dad has, the one with a boy holding a baby girl.

I closed the box and put it back on its place, still thinking about the pictures. What could this mean? My dad knew The Joker, highly improbable so in this case why were this pictures here?