Status: Complete

You Are My Favorite Joke

Chapter 19

Jim Gordon’s P.O.V

Not a print, the clothes are specially made for The Joker, no DNA that can prove anything. It seems like if he doesn’t exist but he does and he hurts people for his pure pleasure.

I left the police station to pick up Ashley. I didn’t like this idea but I had to bring her to the police station and she would have to witness the Joker’s interrogation, she might know something or remember by hearing him but I’m also afraid that she might block. Dr. Rain said that it was better for her to face him and not run away.

Ashley’s P.O.V

I woke up and I still couldn’t believe it. I was at home, no beating, and no evil laugh, nothing. I missed it for some odd reason and I wanted to see him badly. Its official I’m getting insane but The Joker sounds so desirable and so… I shook my head at these thoughts.

I can’t possibly be getting in love can I?

“Miss…” Amelia said opening my bed room’s door.

“Rose is here with Jeremy.” Amelia said, I smiled happily at least they made me happy.

Jeremy ran into my room and he jumped into my bed hugging me.

“Jeremy!” I said tickling him and then Rose appeared.

“Look Jeremy what do think about eating a slice of Amelia’s cake? It’s delicious.” I said and Jeremy nodded leaving me alone with Rose.

“Oh Ashley, I’ve been so worried. Did he hurt you badly?” Rose asked.

“Not more than I’m hurting myself.” I said.

“What do you mean?” Rose asked.

“My feelings for Bruce are fading… to grown for another person. Someone I want to hate but that I can’t.” I said ashamed of my own words.

“Are we talking about The Joker?” Rose asked worry all over her face.

“What am I supposed to do? If I run he’ll catch me, if I stay he’ll come for me, if I try to kill myself he will stop me.” I said.

“Don’t worry. There’s someone who can protect you.” Rose said.

“Who?” I asked her.

“Didn’t you ever wonder why Batman protects you so much?” Rose said but before I could say anything Bruce came into my room.

“Bruce.” I said in a not very happy tone.

“Ley.” Bruce said kissing me sweetly, like if he had to prove something with that kiss. I was surprised. Bruce never needed to prove anything to anyone, I looked at his arm and he had a bandage on it.

“What happened?” I asked him.

“Nothing special.” Bruce said looking down, he was lying.

I didn’t push the subject, I didn’t have the head to. A while later everyone was gone and Jim came, I had to be with him just in case but when he told me that I would be seeing The Joker, I flinched. Where these people mad? He had kidnapped twice and he threaten to take me again and they want me to be there standing in front of him? They’re really pushing me to love him, maybe they’ll have a surprise.

“Are you ready?” Jim asked, I put my hoodie on, my eyes on the floor and my arm around his. I didn’t want to look at him I just wanted to pass unnoticed but it wasn’t that easy.

“Blue eyes you came for a visit.” The Joker said whistling at me, I didn’t do anything besides walking away.

I was taken to a room where Jim and some inspectors where standing, I looked at my front and we could see an interrogation room. The door to that room opened and The Joker was thrown inside. He looked directly at the part where I was though he couldn’t see who was there from his side of the glass.

Jim talked to him though he only joked and then Jim left. The lights went on and the Batman appeared smacking The Joker’s head making his face collide with the table in front of him. I jumped in shock this was really getting into me. I was actually hurt to see him being beaten up, like he did to me.

“You have nothing to threaten me with. You know why? Because I have both of them, both the people you love.” The Joker laughed while supporting on the floor to sit.

Blood was dripping from his forehead and his makeup was fading.

“Well you didn’t hesitate did you? In the party you ran to save Harvey’s bunny and you didn’t even care if I would kill or take Ashley.” The Joker said.

Jim’s arm went around my shoulder, The Joker was talking about me like if it was normal.

“She’s right there isn’t she? I know what you did before I took her, I know you spent hours at night observing her everyday. But she’s mine now.” The Joker said smirking.

Batman groaned in anger and he punched The Joker again, kicking him in the stomach. The Joker just kept laughing, he really enjoyed it. It was so weird for me to see that.

I looked at my side and a young woman, was shivering but smiling. She had some traces on her face looked a lot like Harley’s. But this woman was blond and she was wearing a police uniform. She caught me looking at her and she smiled. I was about to freak when everyone went crazy. The Joker had just told them where Harvey and Rachel were. Suddenly the woman pushed me back and nobody noticed because they were running to the addresses The Joker had given to them.

“Don’t worry cutie pie it’s me!” Harley said, I looked at her in surprise.

“You’re blonde…” I said in a shocking voice, Harley smiled and helped me up.

I was still looking at her when Harley shoot the glass, breaking it into pieces and The Joker smiled at me fixing his hair.

“Angel!” he said opening his arms, maybe expecting a hug. I stood in my spot fighting my desire to run up to him and hug him.

“Maybe later.” The Joker winked grabbing my arm and pulling me to the room where he was.

He dressed his purple coat and he put his muscular arm around my neck with a knife in his other hand pointing at my face.

“Someone has got to be the bait angel.” The Joker said smiling into my neck and biting it.

He gesture Harley to go behind him and then he started walking with me still serving has a shield in front of him. All the cops took their guns out and pointed at us.

“It’s not very polite to point a gun at lady right boys?” The Joker said resting his head in my shoulder.

I was trying to keep by breathe normal while everyone around me panicked, almost for sure because Jim left and they were supposed to keep an eye on him.

“What do you want?” one of the policeman yelled at The Joker.

“I want you to take your asses out of my way!” The Joker yelled putting the knife closer to my neck and in a matter of seconds I could feel a warm liquid, I touched it with my fingertips and he had made a little cut, nothing deep. Surprisingly enough it didn’t hurt.

Harvey Dent’s P.O.V

“Anyone!” I heard Rachel’s voice yell. I opened my eyes realizing that I was tied to a chair. Around me a lot of gasoline barrels and a tiny device, with a clock on it.

“Rachel?” I called her name.

“Harvey are you okay?” she asked me.

“Don’t worry they most be coming to save you first.” I said trying to keep her calm.

“Alright.” Rachel said

I started to move around searching for something to help me cut the ropes but I fell to the ground bringing a barrel with me. The barrel opened and gasoline went everywhere.

“HARVEY!” Rachel yelled.

“I’m ok Rachel. Everything’s going to be fine.” I assured her lying.

“I know my answer.” Rachel said in a crying voice.

“It’s yes!” Rachel said but before I could reply Batman burst into the room where I was.

“NO! You should be saving her not me!” I yelled in shock and horror.

“Rachel! RACHEL!” I yelled and in seconds the building went into flames.
[
Ashley’s P.O.V

The Joker had just made some random call and this was my lucky shot. I might be attracted to him but I had to run away and keep my sanity even if it means coming back to my life, back to my living lie.

With The Joker everything was simple, no rules. He does what he wants and that’s want I should had started to do for a long time. I always kept myself too much inside, not expressing everything like I did to the Joker. I said everything to him with some fear but I did, while Bruce was someone I loved truly though this entire mind games where starting to put him behind leaving him in my past.

The Joker turned his back to me and I stood up, running away. This gave me so much adrenaline that it made me want to laugh just to imagine his face when he realized I was running again.

“ANGEL!” he yelled while gun shots filled the air.

When I was about to turn, an oversized pain took over me. I feel to the ground and everything started to spin.

“You idiot!” I heard The Joker’s voice and his hand travelled to my face.

Then everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment or give me ideias :D