Status: Complete

You Are My Favorite Joke

Chapter 21

Ashley’s P.O.V

I opened my eyes lazily. I was lying on a bed in a pitch black room.

“Angel I have a present for you!” the Joker's voice shouted when he opened the door. I looked confused at him

“And look you’re all awake and pretty.” the Joker said.

I didn’t know what to answer so I just waved.

“Come on.” he said letting the door open. I got up and I walked cautiously expecting some punch, kick or something like that.

“You’re not going to protest?” the Joker asked with a confused look on his eyes.

“I’m under the effect of the drugs they gave me so I can’t move much.” I said putting my hand on the hallway’s wall so I wouldn’t fall.

The Joker smiled and picked me up bridal style as I had said, I wasn’t strong enough to protest. We entered a room I had never been in and he sat me on a chair. I looked and in front of me, another person was sitting on a chair with his arms and legs trapped to the chair and a giant black cloth on their head hiding their face.

“You have a visit.” the Joker whispered in my ear making me shiver while Red without looking at me took the cloth to reveal that the person was Lenny.

“LENNY!” I yelled putting my hand on my chest because my heart was beating too fast and I was starting to get out of breath.

“Lenny!” I called him again but without an answer, I looked at the Joker who was laughing.

“What did you do?” I asked him standing up but Red’s hand was quickly placed on my shoulder making me sit back.

“I brought you a friend.” the Joker said walking towards Lenny.

When he reached him, Lenny started to move and a smiled spread across my face.

“Ashley?” he said when his eyes locked with mine.

“Lenny.” I said more relieved and smiling at him.

The Joker smirked at me and he went behind Lenny with his knife pointing to Lenny’s neck and he started whispering things to Lenny. When he stopped he was about to slice Lenny’s throat.

“No! Wait! I’ll do whatever you want.” I said looking to The Joker who looked at me and then punched Lenny’s face.

“Would he do the same for you?” the Joker asked walking towards me.

“Yes he would.” I said confidently.

“And if a certain someone told you that all of the things that he told you about his life are pure lies?” the Joker said.

“I wouldn’t believe them.”

“Don’t you DARE!” Lenny yelled making me look at him.

“Oh Mr. Leonard is getting angry.” the Joker said laughing.

I looked at The Joker with wide eyes.

“Give me the cloth. Come with me blue eyes” the Joker said and Red handed him the cloth. Then he grabbed my hand and pushed me into another room, a bathroom.

The Joker soaked the cloth in water and he began to wash half of his makeup. I was stunned, he had been very secretive around all the makeup and tricks and he was going to show me his face? Some minutes later The Joker turned to me and anger filled me.

“You are his…?” I said starting to cry.

“Now kiss me.” The Joker said approaching me and lifting my chin up while I sobbed and looked at his face. He was so handsome even with the scars. He was beautiful. The Joker smiled and leaned against me planting a soft kiss on my lips.

“Now go and face him I know you are dying to.” the Joker said turning to the sink and starting to apply his makeup again, I stormed out of the bathroom.

“You’re HIS TWIN?” I said pointing at the bathroom while crying.

I was crying maybe because of all the lies or maybe because The Joker had just kissed me and I hadn’t done anything to stop him.

“How could you Lenny? HOW?” I said looking at him angrily and breathing fast, while tears still came down my eyes.

“I couldn’t tell you. You would go away and all of my sanity would too. I really care for you that wasn’t a lie.” Lenny said.

“Lenny all this years you have been lying to me! You lied to me, you are The Joker’s twin! The same man that is turning me into something I’m not!” I said and then I turned to the bathroom from where The Joker was coming.

“Bad Leo you are making my angel cry.” The Joker hissed with hate towards his twin brother.

“I don’t understand. How could you be so sweet, so protective and have this crazy man has a twin brother?” I said.

“I’m not crazy, I’m not.” The Joker said pulling me to his side.

“He has been working for me sense I started and well he’s not so much different he’s even worst. He has killed with no regret.” The Joker said.

“Don’t listen to him Ash! He’s lying!” Lenny yelled desperately.

My mind was spinning, who should I believe in? My common sense told me to believe Lenny but he had lied to me.

“Let’s make a deal.” I said coldly at The Joker.

“I’m listening.” The Joker said.

“You let Lenny go and I’ll do whatever you want. Oh and he must be unharmed.” I said demanding.

“Kiss me.” The Joker said provoking me

I glanced at Lenny and his face was of pure horror. I signed and closed my eyes. I leaned forward but before I could know what was going on I heard a ‘click’. I opened my eyes to see The Joker laughing his ass off. I looked at my hands and I was handcuffed again.

“It’s a deal.” he said excitedly dragging Lenny to the van.

“Can I just?” I asked when we were about to leave Lenny in Gotham’s suburbs.

“Go.” The Joker said staring at the road. I got out of the van still handcuffed and I hugged Lenny

“Promise me that you won’t let him hurt you.” Lenny said.

“He didn’t before. I swear I would never guess. How didn’t I ever notice, your voices are not even looked alike!” I said still shocked at what I had found out

“Now don’t even try to come to get me. I’ll figure something.” I said.

“Your just becoming like him. It’s incredible but you’re still Ash.” Lenny said caressing my cheek while I hugged him tight.

“ANGEL!” The Joker yelled looking at me pissed, I waved at Lenny and I went towards the van to hell.

I still couldn’t believe it. Instead of running away I was going with The Joker to save someone’s life, someone that lied to be for years. Someone who had a double life, someone related to the same man with unhealthy obsessions. I was confused, if Lenny worked with The Joker sense they are twin brothers but one is pure evil and the other is good around me and evil sometimes, why did The Joker let him leave? Was he going to kill him?

Before the van had even started to work The Joker put his head and his arm outside the window and he started shooting a gun. My eyes widened and I turned to see Lenny lying on the ground.

“Lenny!” I yelled opening the van’s door, while it was moving and jumping falling badly on the ground.

I ran to Lenny’s bloody body and I started crying.

“Kid come on.” Red said in the saddest voice I had ever heard come from his mouth.

“No! No! Why?” I said analyzing Lenny’s face and then remembering The Joker’s face with the scars on the lips.

“Because you turned him sane and in love.” The Joker said.

I turned to him in disbelieve, was he saying that he did it because of me?

“We made a deal” I said almost without breath.

“I made no promises Ashley.” The Joker said kneeling down and putting his knife in the right corner of Lenny’s lips.

“No please, don’t do it! He’s already dead, leave him!” I begged grabbing The Joker’s arm.

He pushed me back and looked at Red who grabbed me by the arms and made me see what The Joker was about to do. The Joker cut the corners of Lenny’s lips making his smile bigger.

“Now we’re the same.” The Joker said grabbing my arm strongly and pushing me towards the van.

“You will never be like him.” I said looking down.

“WHAT?” The Joker yelled pulling me to the ground, with him on top and a gun on his hand.

“I can kill you now angel. But thinking again that deal is useful.” The Joker said pulling me up and kicking my butt so I would walk faster.

Hell was about to begin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please let me know if you are shocked, or if you liked it or not