Status: Complete

You Are My Favorite Joke

Chapter 22

Ashley's P.O.V

The drive to the hideout was the worst ever. I sat on one of the back seats with tears running down my eyes. I made no sounds, I didn’t move, I just cried. What was I becoming? I didn’t even yell at the Joker I just begged him to not mark Lenny’s face but he did. I can’t do anything useful, not even keep Lenny’s honor after his death.

“Cutie pie come on.” Harley said putting her arm around my shoulder.

I really think that she started to like me and I had the odd feeling that she met Lenny because her eyes were also soaked in tears. I just limited myself to walk and breath nothing else.

“HARLEY!” The Joker yelled from his room.

“Comin’ Mistah J!” Harley said with a smile and walking towards The Joker’s bedroom door. She got in and she closed the door behind her.

I sighed heavily and went towards the living room. I sat on the opposite wall to the door. I sat there with my knees to my chest and my head in my hands. Strange thoughts, crazy ideas and a burning desire for revenge were invading my spirit.

Lucius’s Fox P.O.V

“Jim! How am I supposed to keep calm? That maniac took her!” I yelled.

“Lucius, stop it! You are not helping!” Jim said.

“Commissioner, may I?” Dr. Rain asked.

“Yes come in.” Jim said.

“We found a corpse and it is related to Ashley, her fingerprints are all over the victim’s body.” Dr. Rain said showing Jim some pictures.

Jim’s face changed and he showed me a picture, my jaw dropped. Lenny was dead.

“When? How?” I said horrified.

“This morning and that means that Ashley is still alive and she probably witnessed his death.” Dr. Rain said.

I looked to the window with just one thought in my mind. Ashley will seek revenge.

Jim Gordon’s P.O.V

After Lucius left it was time, something had to be done quick. Ashley couldn’t spend anymore time with The Joker we had been too slow. I had to do something, I promised I would bring her home.

Dr. Rain and I had been comparing Ashley’s behaviors and she seems the same but Dr. Rain fears that spending so much time with The Joker and not getting freedom could break her so deeply that she can become mad for him.

Ashley’s P.O.V

“Come on kid.” Red said giving a plate with some kind of soup in it.

I shook my head and I stared at the floor.

“He will beat you…” Red almost whispered.

“I told you, don’t worry about me. He killed Lenny what else can he do to me?” I said starting to cry again.

“Don’t tell me to not worry.” Red said leaving the plate in front of my feet.

I looked at him and he had his eyes with tears but he quickly wiped them away and then The Joker appeared in the living room.

“Eat angel.” The Joker commanded sitting on the couch observing me. I didn’t move an inch.

“Didn’t I made myself clear?” The Joker said and when I noticed his face was inches away from mine.

I looked at him with hate, his face. All of him, everything remembered me Lenny. I started crying silently still looking into The Joker’s eyes while he just stood there looking at me.

“EAT!” The Joker commanded, forcing the spoon into my mouth.

“I don’t want to eat, leave me alone!” I yelled at him getting up making the plate with soup fall.

“Don’t turn your back on me.” The Joker said grabbing my arm and pushing me against him.

“Don’t touch me.” I said trying to get away from him.

“Say that again angel?” The Joker said.

“Never come close to me again! You killed him and I hate you!” I said.

My mind was floating above my conscience. What was I saying? Did I really hate him? I never expected that Lenny’s death would hurt me so deeply and the fact that The Joker makes me feel different is not helping.

“I love you too Foxy.” The Joker grinned. I looked at him with tears and I ran out of the living room.

“You can’t run! This fucking place has no exits!” The Joker laughed. I kept running down the hall when I bumped into Red.

“Kid?” Red said.

Without a second thought I hugged Red, crying in his chest. His hand was placed in my hair while his chin rested in the top of my head.

“It’s going to be okay.” Red whispered.

“RED! NOBODY TOUCHES MY ANGEL!” The Joker punching Red.

“Stop!” I yelled hugging The Joker’s arm before he could punch Red again.

The Joker turned his body to me and he used his left arm to embrace me tightly against his chest.

“I had to do it. You will understand.” The Joker said leaning closer to me and kissing me passionately, barely letting me breath.

“Cutie…” Harley mumbled. I pulled away from The Joker to see Harley barely standing on her feet.

“Harley?!” I said walking towards her and quickly catching her before she fell to the ground unconscious.

I heard behind my back The Joker laughing hysterically and when I looked up Red was beginning to lift Harley in his arms.

“I’m sorry.” I said looking down while opening Harley’s bedroom door.

“You know what is curious? Harley is right. You are best than her and that’s why he wanted you so badly.” Red said placing Harley in her bed gently.

“I..” I cut myself off.

“Kid, I told you I wanted to worry so don’t be sorry.” Red said caressing my cheek and leaving the room. I covered Harley’s frozen body with her bed covers and I closed the door gently.

“So? Is little Harley dead or what?” The Joker said sarcastically.

“You did that on purpose didn’t you?” I said.

“I did but you liked it.” The Joker said looking at me intently.

“No, I didn’t.” I said obviously lying.

“Oh really?” The Joker said smiling evilly and pushing me hard against the cold wall. I looked at him, trying to push away

“Stop resisting.” The Joker said leaning in again and kissing my lips roughly.

“Stop messing around with me.” I said pulling away. The Joker licked his lips getting excited

“Always fiery, I love that about you.” The Joker said.

I was about to use my arms to push him further but he grabbed them and he put them around my back, turning me around making my face contact with the wall. He placed his body against mine smashing me against the wall.

“Without dear Leonard here, nobody can be sane enough to stop me.” The Joker whispered in my ear laughing.

“Don’t even say his name! You are proud of killing your own brother!” I said trying to turn but The Joker was using his weight to keep me against the wall.

“Do you even know why a criminal like him cared about a girl like you? He loved you! He would do anything to protect you he even tried to kill me. You made him fool, in love and you turned him more human” The Joker said.

“And I’m damn proud of it!” I said rested my forehead on the wall while tears came down my eyes.

Minutes passed and The Joker kept silent.

“They’re salty.” The Joker said, I looked down and he was sitting on the ground smiling. I hadn’t noticed he was gone.

“What?” I asked.

“Your tears, they taste good.” The Joker said smiling wickedly.

I shook my head. Is this the man I love? The man who kills people for pleasure and for making others suffer but at the same time, the man that seems crazy enough to protect me from everything.