Status: Complete

You Are My Favorite Joke

Chapter 24

After controlling my anger and putting it inside of me I decided it was time to get to know my brother.

“Red?” I said going towards the basement where Red was sitting.

“Oh Ashley.” he said starting to get up to leave but I put myself in front of him to stop him

“I want answers and I know you have them.” I said.

“Well…” Red said sighing deeply.

“I’m 10 years older than you. Our parents were having problems on their marriage so they decided to have another child to give their marriage a new start but after you were 3 years old our mother took me away from you and dad.” Red said stroking my hair.

“Our mother? Your mother, I told you I have no mother. And your mother is heartless, do you have any idea of how hard it was for our dad to raise me?” I said widening my eyes and turning my hands into fists.

Bringing all this back, hurt. When I was little my memory wouldn’t let me remember but now I knew the cold truth. My mother left me and she took my brother along. My father put the past behind his back and only I mattered.

“So I guess your name is Rafael?” I asked him.

“Family meeting is over! You have to come with me Ashley.” The Joker said harshly coming into the basement

“But I was..” I said.

“Now!” The Joker said putting 2 guns and 2 knifes in his pocked and carrying a gun in his right hand.

I looked at Red and he was also putting guns on his pockets.

“Mistah J!” Harley yelled happily going down the stairs and staring at me.

“The van is ready!” she said still staring at me and then leaving with sudden jealously in her eyes.

The Joker grabbed my wrist and he started to walk with me behind him towards the van.

“Take this. I don’t know what will happen so I want you to have some balls and protect yourself.” The Joker said giving me a gun.

I stared at it and then I looked at him. What was going to happen?

“What is this all about?” I asked him taking the gun in my hands and feeling it.

“Your dear mommy told the Chechen where my hideout is so they were planning on trapping us but I’m simply ahead of the curve.” The Joker said smirking, he was in fact very intelligent.

“For what?” I asked gritting my teeth.

The Joker expression changed into disappointment.

“She wants you.” The Joker said.

“I hate her.” I mumbled.

“I know and that makes me hate her more.” The Joker said.

I was having a normal conversation with him, or actually a part of a normal conversation. Is this ok? Suddenly the van came into a brutal stop and The Joker kicked the back door open. We were in a bridge and we were surrounded by cars. On one side police and on the other the Chechen.

“Holy shit.” I heard Red say.

“Mistah J… ” Harley said trying to grab the Joker’s hand while he slapped her hand away.

I slowly got out of the van and I noticed that everyone’s eyes were probably looking for me.

“Joker give us Ashley!” I heard a male voice say on the megaphone.

My heart started to shrunk. It might seem incredible but I didn’t want to go.

“Angel.” The Joker said turning to me and embracing me.

“Do what you do best and run.” The Joker said taking his lipstick off and marking the corners of my lips making my smile like his.

“But…”

“Don’t let the cops get you, or you’ll come back to Ashley Fox. Don’t let the Chechen catch you or he’ll turn into some kind of money machine.” The Joker said

“You are still mine. Never forget it.” The Joker said smirking, grabbing my face and kissing me roughly.

“LET HER GO!” the same male voice yelled.

“What about you?” I said when we broke apart.

“I’ll do what I do best.” The Joker said.

“Now stop losing time!” The Joker yelled.

I hold my breath and I looked everywhere. I couldn’t run or someone would catch me but I could swim.

“I…” I mumbled clumsily.

“You what angel?” The Joker said teasing me even in a time like this.

“I love you damn it!” I said blushing and then running to the side of the bridge.

Before I jumped, I looked back one more time and I saw the Joker throwing me a large smile and then with a tear in my eye I jumped without fear to the dark river.

Red’s P.O.V

“Did she jump?” the Joker asked.

“Yes she’s safe.” I said.

“Let’s get this party started.” The Joker said laughing loud and taking two guns out and starting to shoot at every cop he would find.

Then everything happened in a flash. I saw the Batman appear out of the darkness and he started fighting the Joker. I kept my eyes on the cops when The Joker started to back away with a hand in his chest. He was bleeding and it wasn’t the Batman it had been my mother!

“That’s for taking my baby from me!” she yelled.

“You bitch!” Harley yelled angrily shooting my mother 4 times killing her.

I felt no regret, she wasn’t a mother to me anyways. The Chechen started to run away and the cops were starting to run towards us.

“To the van NOW!” I yelled carrying the Joker into the van.

Ashley’s P.O.V

The Joker got shot. He was invincible but he bent down. I was shocked but I had to run away. I got to the side of the river and I ran silently.

“It looks like a little mouse got lost.” a very deep voice said. I shivered and I started running faster.

“You can’t run from me Ashley!” the voice said and then someone grabbed me by the neck.

I looked and in front of me stood Harvey Dent.

“Harvey?” I said almost without breath.

“Now is Two Face Foxy.” Harvey said coldly smirking.

“Let me go! I can’t breath.” I said almost loosing my vision

“That’s the point.” Harvey said covering my mouth.

I tried to kick him but all my strengths left me and everything turned black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment :D

Unfortenately I have to tell you that the next chapter is going to take time because I'm very tired and I have to put my ideas together before I write more, but THANK YOU for the support