Status: Complete

You Are My Favorite Joke

Chapter 25

[The Joker’s P.O.V]

“You idiots you LOST HER?” I asked wincing in pain while covering my bullet hole with a bandage.

“We were being attacked by every side and when Harley went to the forest to find Ashley she wasn’t there.” Red said trying to make up a stupid excuse.

“Damn it. I can’t trust any of you on anything!” I yelled standing up.

“Where did the Batman go?” I asked.

“With Gordon.” Sca replied.

I stayed silent, killing all of them mentally. Because of them Ashley could be dead, kidnapped or she simply ran away from my tight circle, I hate that.

Ashley’s P.O.V

Why is the Joker taking so long? I know I seem desperate but being with Harvey is not good especially now that he is totally crazy.

“Ashley did he tell you?” Harvey asked from the corner of the room.

“He doesn’t tell me anything.” I said trying to breathe sense the ropes that were tying me to the chair were too tight and choking me.

“He killed Rachel.” Harvey said suddenly his voice turning dark.

“I don’t know anything about that Harvey. I was in the police station and the Joker had me with him. Then I got shot.” I said with tears running down my eyes.

“Liar! You know everything! You think I don’t know what’s happening? First you are all over Bruce and now so close to The Joker, I knew it. You love him.” Harvey said with hate in all of his words.

“I don’t know anything!” I said holding the tears, this creature wasn’t Harvey

“Look what you did to me Ashley! LOOK AT MY FACE.” Harvey yelled making me look at the burning side of his face, it made me cry.

I liked Harvey, I always did. But now he scared me, more than the Joker himself.

“Let her go.” A very deep voice said. My hero from months ago, the Batman.

“What are you doing here?” Harvey said not even turning to him.

“It’s not her fault. Don’t blame her for your lost.” The Batman said

“It’s all her fault! Because he wanted her, HE WANTED ASHLEY and he wanted Gotham. And look who won.” Harvey said

“Harvey Gotham needs you.” the Batman said

“No they don’t.” Harvey said pointing a gun at the Batman and shooting, Batman easily avoided.

Batman ran towards Harvey sending him to the floor.

“Please don’t! He is out of his mind.” I begged.

The Batman came towards me, he cut the ropes and he picked me up.

When I was set on the floor I was on a rooftop, on Bruce’s penthouse rooftop. I widened my eyes at the height of the building when Alfred appeared.

“Alfred?” I said happily then I looked at my side and the Batman was still there and that was strange he used to save me and then disappear.

“Ashley!” Alfred said hugging me carefully and then looking at my face, I really should look awful. Then Alfred helped get inside of the penthouse.

“It’s time.” The Batman said from behind me, Alfred’s eyes widened.

“Ashley…” The Batman began and his gloved hand went towards his head taking the mask off revealing his identify to be of Bruce Wayne.

“Bruce?” I said gulping looking like stupid at him.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you sooner.” He said. I looked at Alfred and he seemed quite satisfied that Bruce had finally told me.

“You knew Alfred?” I asked him a bit hysterical

“All along.” Bruce said approaching me

“Why didn’t you ever tell me before?” I asked him

“First I couldn’t risk your life and second I like to save you.” Bruce said leaning in and kissing my lips sweetly which incredibly made me go gloser to him. I know I told the Joker that I loved him but do I really?

“But that means that The Joker kidnapped me because I was related to you?” I asked him

“I don’t know, nobody can figure him.” Bruce said smiling at me.

Bruce giggled and he took me inside his room. I went to the bathroom and when I watched my own reflection I wanted to scream. I seemed like the Joker but a female version. I had white makeup in some parts of my face, a lot of lipstick on my lips, my hair all crazy and dirty and bruises, burn marks and scars everywhere.

He had carved me forever. 'Son of a bitch' I thought smiling. I knew it wasn’t over, I knew he was destined to kill me he grew too attached but he was the one. The one I knew that had the guts to do it.

The Joker’s P.O.V

Next day

‘Police reports that Ashley Fox was once again saved by the Batman from the Joker’s hands. The Joker disappeared last night without a clue for where he went.’ The reporter announced.

I punched the wall furiously. THE BATMAN! I thought.

“Damn it.” I mumbled.

This is not the end I thought. Both I and Ashley knew it. Batman can’t just come and take my new partner of crime like that. She can be so much more than everyone thinks. She isn’t just prepared yet but when she is Batman will have much more to handle.

I laughed picking Ashley’s picture. She can’t just run like that, she’ll see.

Ashley’s P.O.V

I woke up the next morning, feeling different. I didn’t know what it was like to sleep for some days. I turned to find Bruce’s side of the bed empty and untouched.

“Good morning Ashley.” Alfred said.

“Where is Bruce?” I asked him.

“In his second job.” Alfred said smiling at me and then observing my face.

“That neck… I’m going to get some medication.” Alfred said going downstairs while I got up.

I went to the bathroom and in my neck I have several enormous dark purple bruises. They didn’t hurt but they seemed very bad. Alfred came back minutes later and he helped me clean all my cuts and threat all my wounds properly. Then I went downstairs where the table was set for breakfast.

“Want to join me Alfred?” I asked him.

“You’ll have company soon.” He said smiling and then Bruce appeared.

He approached me and he kissed me playfully while smiling.

“I’m sorry, I had to go and help Gordon.” Bruce said looking down

“Don’t worry. I slept like a rock.” I said laughing

“I really missed your laugh, your eyes, everything.” Bruce said smiling intently at me while I blushed.

“I missed you too. I didn’t know, Harvey told me yesterday that…” I couldn’t finish my words because the tears weren’t letting me talk.

Rachel… Why? Why did he do that? To turn Harvey like him?

“How is my father?” I asked Bruce.

“Anxious to see you.” Bruce said.

I smiled and I looked at Bruce and he seemed nervous.

“I have something I want to ask you.” Bruce started, my attention went fully to him

“Would you..?” Bruce started.

“Master Wayne! Hurry the news!” Alfred interrupted coming from the living room.

Bruce signed but stood up and ran towards the living room with me following.

‘The Joker has just threatened all of Gotham. Saying that the city is his and that everyone who tries to run will have a surprise. The police haven’t spoken yet sense all the population entered in chaos.” The reporter said

I shivered. What was the Joker planning?

“I have to go. Ashley call Lucius and tell him to go to Wayne Enterprises.” Bruce said kissing me and leaving.

Alfred handed me the phone and I immediately called my dad.

“DAD! Oh god. Please go to Wayne Enterprises Bruce needs you!” I said panicking I was so afraid of what might happen to my father, Bruce, Rose and Jeremy.

“Ashley! Oh my god. Yes I’m going, don’t panic sweetie.” My father said with a happy tone but then it went away with the situation.

I looked at Alfred.

“Call miss Rose.” Alfred advised me.

“Hello? Rose? It’s me, Ashley. I’m safe don’t worry. Look where are you?” I asked.

“Ashley I’m completely lost, I’m going to pick up Jeremy from school but I don’t know what to do.” Rose said.

“Listen come to Bruce’s penthouse. Trust me.” I said and then I hang up the phone.

“Alfred I have to stay calm but I fell an anxiety growing inside of me faster and faster.” I said holding my chest.

“Ashley trust in the dark knight.” Alfred said.

'The Dark Knight?' I thought smiling at Alfred.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright this one took me some time but I hope all the readers like it :D