Status: Complete

You Are My Favorite Joke

Chapter 27

Ashley’s P.O.V

It has been 7 months or so, I can’t remember exactly. I still have the JOK scars and a scar in my leg, those were my memories. Where am I right now? Bruce Enterprises, I’m the new boss from the design floor. I’m the architect who sees all projects and takes all the problems that people create around me, yes it’s a stressful job.

I’ve been with Bruce for all these months. I feel amazing to be honest but I’m just afraid of admitting that I love a badass psycho? My father notices my lack of spirit but he doesn’t want to disturb me, he knows me better then that. Bruce is still the same, the hero who never sleeps at home.

“Ashley.” Bruce said placing his arm around my waist

“Bruce.” I smiled leaning him to kiss him.

“Let’s go, it’s late and you look terribly tired.” Bruce said examining my face

“Yes please. Dinner and bed.” I said grabbing his arm walking by his side with him smiling proudly.

I live with Bruce and Alfred. I wanted to live alone but after what happened with the Joker nobody wants to risk my life. The Joker… I don’t believe he is dead, he’s too evil to be. A simple fall from a building couldn’t kill him, he faced a lot worse with guns, dangerous chases and explosions.

When he feel from the building right in front of my eyes, he disappeared. Gotham is a very quiet city now just small gangs nothing special though Bruce keeps wandering at night, he’s stuck to Batman and there’s nothing I can do. Harvey hasn’t given any signs of life but nobody found him dead either and Jim is just enjoying his recent glory, everyone loves him now but none of us forgets how much he was criticized when he couldn’t save me.

“Alfred!” I yelled happily going into the kitchen.

“Jeremy was here Ashley he wanted to talk to you about some movie.” Alfred said

“Thank you Alfred.” I said picking my phone to call Rose. Jeremy had 9 years old and his interest in movies had been growing but Rose doesn’t have much time for him so I go with him, at least he doesn’t question me about The Joker and how it was for me to be around him.

Journalists and media have been asking me to write a book, give interviews and all that kind of things but I don’t want to expose what happened, it’s not a thing I can remember easily.

“Hi Rose. How are you?” I asked

“Hi Ash! Well I’m tired but that’s usual and you?” Rose replied

“Stressed out, I just need some sleep.” I said smiling while opening my scratch book.

“Can I talk to Jeremy?” I asked. My eyes darted to a draw I had never seen, a little portrait of The Joker. I didn’t remember doing it but it really seemed my style.

“Sure. Wait a sec.” Rose said while I stood still trying to remember when I had done that draw.

“Ash!” Jeremy yelled happily on the phone

“Hi J!” I giggled turning the piece of paper

“So movies tomorrow?” Jeremy asked.

“Yeah!” I said but then all my happiness fell. ‘With Love, Jokie’ was written on the back of the drawing.

“J, I’ll pick you up tomorrow at the usual time ok? See ya tomorrow!” I said hanging up.

I stood up with the draw in my hands. I observed it and I smashed it fear growing inside of me. This could be a joke, his joke. I can’t feel fear that’s what he wants.

“Dinner!” Bruce yelled from downstairs. I sighed and I went downstairs.

“Ley there’s something I want to ask you.” Bruce said locking his eyes with mine.

“What?” I said placing my fork and knife on the sides of the plate.

“We are together for 8 months now and I love you so much. When I leave every night I wished I didn’t have to, I can’t lose you, you mean so much to be. Ashley Fox will you…” Bruce started. He stood up, he walked towards me and he gave me his hands pulling me to my feet.

He kneeled on one knee and he took a silver ring with a giant diamond stone on it.

“Will you marry me?” Bruce asked

My brain imploded. MARRY BRUCE? I wasn’t expecting it, Bruce didn’t seem the type of man who wanted to marry someone specially being the Batman.

“So?” Bruce asked

“God! I do!” I said kissing him passionately while he placed the ring in my finger.

“Bruce what about Batman? I want to marry Bruce Wayne not the Batman” I said

“I’ll figure something for him.” Bruce smiled

“I love you.” I said

“I love you too babe.” Bruce said kissing me deeply while picking me up bridal style

“Now let’s celebrate.” Bruce said smirking playfully making me laugh at him.

I woke up the next morning to find the room full of flowers. Bruce was really happy.

“Good morning Alfred.” I said admiring the house, it looked so fresh.

“Good morning Ashley. Master Wayne wanted to celebrate, I’m glad you said yes. You have no idea of how much he practiced.” Alfred said making me giggle.

“Well breakfast was delicious like always my love but I have to go.” I said waving at Alfred, he smiled and I left.

I worked until 1 pm and then I left to pick up Jeremy. I took him to the park where we loved to go and there we ate some hot dogs.

“Look Ash! A kite!” Jeremy said standing up to run towards the boy who had a kite

“Is he your son?” A man asked sitting beside me on the grass

“No, but he’s an amazing kid.” I said

“You’re that girl aren’t you?” The man asked his voice getting excited

”What girl?” I said not taking my eyes from Jeremy

“The girl HE is looking for.” The man said darkly

“Who are you?” I said looking at him with wide eyes

“A little friend.” The man said standing up leaving. I turned my head to look for Jeremy and he was gone.

“Jeremy?... JEREMY?” I yelled desperately running everywhere.

A little friend the man said. Last night a Joker draw, I wasn’t being stupid. He is back, The Joker.

“Jeremy? Please madam did you see a boy medium talk, light brown hair and green eyes, he was playing with a kite over there.” I asked desperately with tears already forming on my eyes.

I took my cell phone from my bag and I called Jim

“Jim? For God Sake HELP ME! Jeremy is gone! Someone took him!” I yelled hysterically, tears running down my eyes

“Wait Ashley I’ll put my man on the way to search him.”

“Quick!” I yelled hanging up

What have I done? I lost a child.

“Why so serious angel?” A voice asked from behind me. I sobbed and closed my eyes. I can’t be him, it can’t be him I repeated over and over on my head

“I’m back!” The Joker said laughing like crazy

“You’ve been a bad girl. WHAT’S THIS?” The Joker yelled raising my left hand in the air examining my ring

“Congrats to Miss Wayne! Now it’s gone.” He said darkly taking the ring out throwing it behind his back.

“Where is Jeremy?” I said

“Who said I had him?” The Joker said licking his lips

“I’m sure you do. Who else?” I said

“Well I can’t see him.” The Joker said

“Please just let him leave.” I said

“You should really learn that begging never works.” The Joker said cupping my face in his hand

“Such beauty…” he said while tears went down my face

“Ow shh shh my angel.” The Joker said pulling my face to his kissing my lips roughly. My tears reached his makeup leaving me all marked my him.

“Now you really look more like me.” The Joker said

“Let’s go home!” The Joker said

“NO! Let him go first.” I said

“Grr alright already! Kiz leave the kid on the police station.” The Joker groaned

“Happy now?” The Joker said laughing

“You bet.” I said sarcastically while The Joker kept dragging me behind him.

"Ash!" I heard Jeremy's sweet voice call

"Go Jeremy, he won't hurt you." I said

"Don't her you stupid clown!" Jeremy yelled

"What?" The Joker said laughing like crazy.

"Say that again." The Joker dared pointing a gun at Jeremy's head

"No Joker, he's a kid." I said

"Take him Kiz, NOW!" The Joker yelled

"Ashley!" Jeremy yelled

I turned my head to look at him but The Joker forced me to look at him.

"I've shared you for too long, now you can only focus on ME." He said grabbing my arm pulling me to walk in front of him to the hideous black van.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for taking so long but I needed ideas for this one ^^

Please comment I Love comments :D
Thank you to all the subscribers
Thank you to all the readers
Thank you to everyone who comments