Status: Complete

You Are My Favorite Joke

chapter 3

Ashley’s P.O.V

I left my car parked in front of my house's footsteps and I went walking because on the bar area there wasn’t any space for cars so I had to walk. When I reached it, it was already open and with a few costumers. Miss Oliver was on the kitchen and she immediately handed me the orders with a smile. I smiled back taking everything to the tables.

The rest of the morning passed by quickly and on my lunch break I decided to grab some paper, small pieces and just draw whatever came to my mind. Nothing special, nothing very professional just drawing.

The bar kept empty while Miss Oliver went to her room to rest. Suddenly the door opened and five people entered the bar I immediately looked at the man in front of me, he had green greasy hair and his face was painted white, his eyes had black circles around them and his lips had red lipstick. He was wearing a purple coat with big pockets, a dark green vest under it but I’m not sure and a pair of dark purple trousers. The others also had their faces with make up but different from his although all of them looked like clowns. The girl that stood on his right side smiled at me excitedly while they all sat on a cornered table. The man’s eyes never left me while I waited for them to read the menu and then I grabbed a piece of paper, a pen and I went towards them.

“Hello! Have you decided what you’re having?” I asked, the man still staring at me. I didn’t stare back because I felt uncomfortable with it. They all said what they wanted and he kept quiet, I suppose he was waiting for me to talk to him.

“Sir do you want something?” I asked him, trying not to lose time.

He smiled wickedly at me, with his eyes craved on mine. He was so familiar.

“I just want a cup of coffee.” He said. I smiled and walked to the kitchen.

While the food was cooking, I took the drinks to their table and now his eyes were disturbing, he was affecting me and he seemed to like it. Then when all the food was ready I just took it to their table and I went back to the counter. I was just flipping the newspaper pages when a huge picture of The Joker appeared. I tried to not panic but I stop shivering. I closed the news paper placing it all together realizing that I had The Joker on the bar and the clown I saw last night was him.

I glanced towards them and he was still staring at me. He licked his lips making me feel disgust towards him, he knew that I had just 'awaken' and he was having his fun.

The Joker's P.O.V

She walked normally behind the counter, my eyes couldn’t leave her because she had looked in my eyes. Nobody with fear did that before but then I realized that she didn’t know who I was.

I was observing everything she did, she noticed and she felt uncomfortable, How cute I thought grinning. I was already having ideas to torture her. She started reading the newspaper not paying attention to it when a picture of me appeared, she shivered trying to stay calm. I was surprised she didn’t scream or faint, she was quite different.

I made the others signs to get out of the bar and I walked towards her.

“Do you like tricks?” I asked her sensing the fear and panic in her. Ah! What a feeling she’s driving me crazy already! I thought.

Ashley’s P.O.V

He asked me if I liked tricks, what the hell did he meant? I nodded with my head. He let out a loud laugh while he pulled a deck of cards from inside his coat. My eyes shined, I loved tricks. He licked his lips, letting the Joker card fall in front of me.

“Guess who’s standing before you.” He said excitement growing with each word he spoke.

My eyes widened in terror. I looked at him with my mouth tightly closed and an evil smile was resting in his face.

“Can you get me another coffee?” He asked looking at me again.

I nodded with my head looking at my little draws.I turned to the machine and when it was ready I turned to give it to him but he wasn’t there anymore.

Suddenly I felt someone’s arm go around my waist backing me to a chest and I felt a hand tightly holding me so I couldn’t run or kick. I looked up and The Joker's eyes were looking at me not even blinking. He showed me his right hand with a knife on it. He lowered his head resting it on my shoulder, showing the knife in front of my eyes.

“Now you’re going to be a good girl and you’re going to close the doors and come with me.” The Joker said on my ear making me jump lightly. The knife right in front of my eyes shining made me shiver.

“Or else I’ll kill her.” He said pointing upstairs laughing evilly. I shivered holding the tears, he was scaring the hell out of me.

Before I could say anything else, he turned me around grabbing my chin.

“You looked me in the eyes before and they didn’t have fear. Now they’re full of fear! I’m already having my FUN!” The Joker yelled laughing hysterically.

I looked at him my heart racing, I couldn’t believe that a sociopath was messing around with me! What in the world have I done to him? I thought.

He grabbed my neck and sent me flying, I collapsed on the floor fainting.

~~ Hours later~~

I woke up by being thrown to the floor. I blinked my eyes, hearing the Joker laugh again. He was hideous when he laughed, just to think I actually liked clowns! I sure hate this one. The girl from his group grabbed my arm softly and helped me up.

“Come on cutie pie.” She said gesturing for me to follow her.

I stood up and followed her without struggling, I had to get used to the pain first before I could stand up for myself. She took me inside a building that for the appearance could be their hideout or a warehouse. Then she opened the door and I followed her through a hallway with a series of doors, all of them different.

She opened a red door, I entered and then she closed it. The room had light red walls, a white bed, a black sofa, a closet and a wooden floor. It didn't seem to belong to The Joker or any of his companions, when I noticed a girl on the corner shaking when she saw me.

I approached her slowly, I kneeled before her and I looked at her. Her clothes seemed fine but her face, arms, legs and hands were entirely bruised. I tried to imagine her stomach, it should be awful. She was crying desperately, shaking and I understood that The Joker did that to her. If he thought he would do that to me, he was wrong.

“Hey. Don’t be afraid I’m not on his side.” I said calmly grabbing her hand so she knew she could trust me.

She pulled herself more against the wall at my touch, this girl was in a bad psychological state. How could The Joker do this to someone?

“You must be the new girl he was talking about last night. Be careful!” She said in my ear then pulling away. She feared everything even breath.

I was shocked at this sight. I saw a window on the room, she was slim enough to fit there and escape.

“Hey! I have an idea. If you stay I’m almost sure he will beat you to death or just shoot you, you know that too. That window over there is small but you fit in it.” I whispered at her, looking at the door watching if the Joker came in or not.

She shook her head, tears coming down her cheeks

“I can’t. I can’t! He told me not to do anything. He told me to not even speak with you.” She said.

“But if you stay you’ll die. You can’t take another beating, your body is too weak. I’m new, so I guess he has some kind of wicked plan for me.” I said.

She raised, I nodded with my head and opened the window and she hesitantly climbed to it. After climbing she had a big jump but she survived, after landing on the floor I gestured for her to start running. When she started running, the door almost flew open and I knew I was screwed. I turned around and The Joker entered the room, his eyes looked at the space where she was and he just laughed.

“I can’t BELIEVE!” He said sitting on the floor and just laughing hard. I was just looking at him, thinking about how crazy he looked.

“YOU! How dare you set her free!!” He said raising fast and pinning me to the wall. He grabbed me by the neck and he lifted me from the ground.

His eyes were full of rage but still a devilish smile was on his face. I couldn’t breathe and I knew I was shaking in fear.

BANG.

My eyes widened, I forced myself to run to the window and I saw the girl’s body being carried by one of The Joker's henchmen. Three bullet holes on her body, two in the chest and one on the head, I just froze in my spot. I heard The Joker's laugh while I just fell to the floor sobbing in tears.

“You know, I was going to leave her on the middle of the street and maybe she would live. You decided to be a little ‘heroine’ and she DIED!!” The Joker said making me look at him while he blamed me for her death.

I was shocked at what he was saying, he was trying to mess with my head. I wasn’t a killer, I just wanted to help her and she ended up dead.

“You’re lying! You were planning on killing her after having me here. She was only alive so I could see what you wanted me to become. But I’m telling you I’M NOT becoming as scared as she was!” I said raising my voice.

The Joker smiled viciously and raised me in the air again.

“You have fire in you. I like that! BUT DON’T EVER YELL AT ME!” He said throwing me to the opposite wall. I sat up and my forehead started to bleed.

The Joker walked near me and he pulled me up again and he placed his finger right in the spot I was bleeding making me scream in pain. I didn’t deal well with pain but I had to learn because there was more to come, I could feel it. He licked his lips and he just kicked my stomach making me groan.

He laughed slamming the door behind him.