Status: Complete

You Are My Favorite Joke

Chapter 4

I slowly got up and I went to the black sofa, I lied there trying to hold the pain when the girl from The Joker's gang entered the room.

“Cutie pie! Come with me we have to do something to that forehead.” She said smiling and helping me up.

“Oh I didn’t have time earlier but my name is Harley.” She said sweetly while I hang on to her.

I smiled back while trying to walk normally. I felt extremelly weak. He didn’t beat me that hard and I was already dying. She took me to the bathroom and she grabbed some soap and she started treating my wounds. It hurt like her but I tried not to scream, so instead I bit my lip.

Harley finished and she let me take a bath. I looked at myself and my neck looked awful with all the black bruises, my arms were red and I didn’t even want to see my face. I got out, pulling a towel around my body leaving my hair all messy. I opened the door and the room seemed empty. I walked towards the bed and I dressed my underwear quickly and a pair of black shorts and a purple shirt that Harley had left there before she left. I heard footsteps behind me, I turned quickly and I saw The Joker smiling evilly looking at every inch of my body. I backed away but he wrapped an arm around my waist tightly pushing me close to his chest. I looked at him trying to understand what this meant.

He showed the knife again, I hated it because I was afraid of it. I was afraid of what he could do to me. He cupped my face in his hand and he made me look at him. I couldn’t stop looking at his scars.

“Wondering from where I got these scars?” He asked licking his lips. I didn’t do anything besides breathing.

“My father was a drinker and a fiend so one night he had too much and mom pulled a kitchen knife to defend herself. Dad didn’t like that. Not. Even. One bit. So right in front of my eyes he slide the knife in her mouth, laughing while he did it. Then he turned to me and asked ‘Why so serious son?’ while he walked with the bloodied knife at me. ‘Let’s put a smile on that face!!’ And with that he put the knife on my mouth and TA-DA. Now I’m always smiling!” He said getting the knife closer to my cheek laughing. I was just looking at him, shocked at what he had just told me.

I was waiting for him to do something until he cut my both cheeks slightly making me scream in pain.He let go of me while rolling on the floor laughing. Blood was dropping from my cheeks, the cuts were deep and the tears that ran down my eyes made the cuts hurt even more.

“Those are only the first ones.” The Joker said laughing again while watching me sat up. I couldn’t do anything to stop the bleeding but it hurt so much.

The Joker sat on the bed still looking at me.

“What?” I snapped at him not holding my temper. I didn’t understand what he wanted. He didn’t even seem to know who I was.

He smiled evilly.

“I told you before to not talk like that to me but you still do. I think my new toy takes time to learn.” He said smirking coming towards me again, I backed away trying to run away from him. The room wasn’t big so he caught me easily while I climbed to the bed to avoid him.

He jumped on me making us fall on the ground hard. With him on top of me, I groaned with pain and he licked his lips. It was a wicked thing he did.

He punched me on the face and I knew he was punishing me for not making what he had said. He punched me again and again until my nose started to bleed. He licked my right cheek’s cut making it burn while I just closed my eyes and turned my face away. He finally got up and slammed the door.

Harley came in moments later with some food but I still didn’t know if I could trust her. My stomach groaned, I was starving but what if it was poisoned? I shook my head and drank the milk she had brought and ate the apple she gave me.

I had no idea of what time it was, because The Joker had put some sort of ‘protection’ on the window so no light came on it and I couldn’t use it do run either. He was cutting all of my access out but I still had to figure out something. I was just bored so I was whistling, it was a thing I did a lot of times when I was bored. I remembered the Batman pin and I ran to my jeans pocket. It wasn’t there, I feared that The Joker had caught it but maybe I just lost it on the van so I had to search for it. The door busted open and the Joker entered the room with his makeup like new and his normal outfit.

“Come on blue eyes!” He said excitedly pulling me by the wrist.

I got up and followed him closely because he was still pushing me. By this time my cheeks weren’t bleeding anymore but they still hurt.

We went out and the van was waiting. Harley was climbing to the back with 2 of The Joker's henchmen. The Joker pointed at the back and I just climbed it very clumsily making the Joker laugh. He closed the van's door behind me and went to sit at the drivers seat.

I sat near Harley while she smiled warmly. I just looked through the window and then around the van. Not a sign of the pin, if the Joker had it I was screwed and I couldn’t stop thinking about that, I didn't want to get beat again.

The Joker often did a ‘La, la, la, la’ little song like a child. I had to control myself to not laugh, it was just ridiculous. We stopped suddenly at a building, it was a warehouse but it had light inside and a lot of cars parked outside. The Joker grabbed my arm tightly and started pushing me along with him. He opened a door and I saw all of the mob leaders on a table gambling with each other. Gambol shined when he saw me and The Joker's grip got even tighter making me groan a little, he sat on the table making me sit on the floor next to him.

All of the men seemed to recognize me. They all had been to the bar at least once and well neither of them forgot my face.

“Do you mind?” The Joker said attracting the attention to him rather mad.

“Why is she here listening to the conversation?” Maroni asked.

“Don’t worry. She knows nothing else besides your names or are the mob leaders afraid of a girl?” The Joker mocked them laughing. “Well getting to the point. I know exactly that you all are afraid of the Batman.” The Joker said licking his lips pointing at each of them. I only observed not even making a sound.

“What do you propose?” The Chechen asked bringing his cigarette to his lips.

“That we kill him.” The Joker said while I shivered. I knew the Batman was strong but these guys were armed to their teeth.

All of them laughed at his idea. The Joker groaned silently and now he looked upset.

“Well if you change your mind, here’s my card.” The Joker said throwing a Joker card to the center of the table.

He stood and pulled me along. He hold my arm again and took me outside that creepy place.He pushed me inside the van and we went to their so called hideout again. This time Harley took me inside giving me one of her pajamas. It was dark red. I dressed it and I hesitantly slipped inside the bed falling asleep.