Status: Complete

You Are My Favorite Joke

Chapter 7

The Joker’s P.O.V

She doesn’t smile and she doesn’t talk. Definitely more stubborn and different but with time she will just be like the others I thought, smiling to myself at the same time that I observed her while pretending to be asleep.

She was doing her best to avoid any contact but soon enough she will become what I want her to become, she will do anything I want with free will and she will no longer be a goody girl with goals, dreams and a clear head. She will be so messed up that she may even start killing for no reason. Oh yes! This girl killing… I can’t imagine her right now if I gave her a gun to shoot me, she wouldn’t do it because she would feel guilty even if it brought her freedom.

I had to use the things she loved the most her family, her friends and her respect for herself. I would break even if she’s the last one but I will break her.

Ashley’s P.O.V

The van stopped and I carefully got out of van trying not to wake the sleeping clown. I couldn’t take another beat, not just yet. My wrist hurt as so as my back. I got out and walked on Harley’s side but from out of nowhere I turned around and The Joker was walking straight behind me. My eyes widened but I kept walking with the odd feeling that he was observing me, I hated it.

The henchmen were dragging the gasoline and the dynamite to the garage and this was starting to puzzle me.

“Wondering what I’m going to do with that?” The Joker asked sliding his arm around my shoulder. I tried to make him take his hand off but that only made him laugh at my failed attempts.

“Blues eyes if you’re planning to last some time you should start to think that I’m stronger than you. So any little fight that you might give is useless.” The Joker said pushing me to his room again. I sighed trying to just take everything down and not say what I’m thinking.

“Why am I here?” I finally said after a death silence. I had so many questions but this one was the most bothering.

“Because you’re mine that’s a little obvious blue eyes. Oh and because you’re my favorite joke.” The Joker said playing with his pocket knife laughing at the last part. I raised an eyebrow and looked at him.

If I had to stay in that place with those people at least I wanted to know why.

“What do you mean?” I asked him.

“You see…” The Joker started standing from his chair pinning me to the floor.

“Every time I show you my friend your eyes get so full of fear that I just think that’s funny! You are so courageous and you just say what you think but all of a sudden a little knife makes you go crazy.” He said showing the knife again placing it closer to my throat.

“Like you are doing right now.” The Joker said laughing like a maniac.

I was panicking, the knife was closer than ever. I’m so full of fear, I’m so afraid to die. I could kill him but I’m too afraid and besides that’s not in me. I CAN’T KILL there I said it. I just can’t, I feel inside me something stopping me.

It can’t be love for this clown not in a million years! It’s just me. I knew that if The Joker found this weakness in me he would use it for his so called ‘plans’.

“What’s keeping your mind out of me?” The Joker said caressing my cheek with the back of his gloved hand.

“Nothing.” I said in a low tone. The Joker put his knife on his pocket and looked at me.

“You can’t lie.” The Joker said throwing me to the wall making me fall in pain. He kicked my stomach several times while laughing and pretending to wipe a tear from his eye.

“The truth…” He said kneeling beside me while I tried to drag my body and sat up.

“If you don’t want me to lie then don’t ask questions that I don’t want to answer.” I said looking at him and seeing his expression change. He wasn’t expecting such an answer, he shouldn’t think I was very intelligent but he was wrong in underestimating me.

“Someone’s got a secret.” he said in a childish tone jumping.

“And I’ll find it. Either it is you telling me or I’ll find out for myself.” The Joker whispered on my ear making me shiver from head to toe with his spooky voice.

The Joker stood up and walked to his bed and sat on it. I remained sitting on the floor just watching his bedroom details.

“Blue eyes! Come here!” he yelled from his bed, I stood up painfully and walked towards him.

When I reached him, he looked at me and smiled.

“Did you ever set anything on fire?” The Joker asked playing with his knife.

“Nothing besides food.” I answered trying to make a joke and The Joker laughed.

“Remember me to teach you how to cook. But getting to the point let’s put you to the test.” The Joker said laughing and winking.

I raised an eyebrow at him while he stood up and dressed his purple coat gesturing me to follow him.

He was holding my hurt wrist tightly making me groan with pain. He opened a door to the back of the building where his henchmen had a three man with their both hands and feet tight to each other. I looked confused until I saw that the henchmen were putting gasoline around the circle of man.

“Well fellow cops I gladly inform you that we’ll start our little party!!” The Joker said clapping. I just stared at his ‘performance’. It sounded scary for his tone of voice and why was I here?

“The honors today go my precious blue eyes.” The Joker said turning to me with a box of matches in his hands. He placed the box in my hands and looked at me intently.

“Do you want me to… set them on fire?” I asked him with my eyes wide open.

“Yep.” The Joker said crossing his arms, enjoying the moment.

“But why them?” I asked trying to gain some time to have some idea to let them live.

“Because those 3 bastards where going to inform Commissioner Gordon where my hideout is and then he would come to take you. I don’t think that’s funny.” The Joker said.

“I don’t wanna do it.” I said looking at the men.

“You don’t have a choice. Either they die or I’ll kill you.” The Joker said.

My heart skipped a beat. What now? I had been thinking about this not even 10 minutes ago. No, I can’t kill them. They were probably here trying to find me. I couldn’t decide until a flame started. I looked at The Joker and he looked as puzzled as I was.

I looked at the henchmen and one of them had another box of matches in his hand which he quickly hide inside his pocket. He had red long hair, he was lightly tanned and had dark brown eyes.

I watched them burn and scream. The Joker took the special attention to hold my face so I saw every minute of the process, I closed my eyes and in minutes the fire had ended and 3 burned corpses were lying on the floor.

“RED! Come over here. NOW!!” The Joker yelled and the henchmen that had the match box ran to him.

They went to a corner and The Joker shouted at him and punched him in the face. I didn’t know why he had done it but I had to be thankful.

“SCA! KIZ! That those fucking corpses out of here.” The Joker shouted at the other 2 henchmen.

“RED! GO AND HELP THEM!” The Joker yelled at the poor henchmen that ‘helped’ me. The guy stood up walking very slowly and with a leg obviously bruised. He looked at me smiling.

“BLUE EYES! TO THE HOUSE NOW!!” The Joker said pushing me to the door.

“I’ll talk to you later.” he said before closing the door and going with his henchmen.

I stood up and went through a hallway to the supposed living room where Harley was sitting watching some TV though I was looking at the screen my mind was somewhere else. Why did he help me? He must have noticed that I couldn’t do it, so The Joker noticed for sure. Now I should really start worrying about my future around these people.